Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

Impossible to get.

I had 2 people, both of who live in Carlisle, call up @ 10AM.

Both got through but with no previous booking history, they wouldn’t let them have them.

The Online option (in place for their Mansfield game) was removed as they were concerned that Bolton fans would get them.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Exeter away a Tuesday night?

Didn't realise it had already been rearranged, decent time to play them just after their cup game.

Just glanced at fixtures, next 10 look like they are in the "tough" category, for this league.  Every game against a promotion contender or in form team, could do with Tutte back.  The 6 after that all against current strugglers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 15:15, captainmed said:

Impossible to get.

I had 2 people, both of who live in Carlisle, call up @ 10AM.

Both got through but with no previous booking history, they wouldn’t let them have them.

The Online option (in place for their Mansfield game) was removed as they were concerned that Bolton fans would get them.

On 27/12/2020 at 10:58, captainmed said:

Yes we’re going.

You shouldn't be going to any. The rules are in place for everyone, nobody is exempt.

50 minutes ago, Traf said:

You shouldn't be going to any. The rules are in place for everyone, nobody is exempt.

Spot on.

Edit:  You'd hope now we're in Tier 4 folk like Capt Med will reconsider?

Edited by DazBob

I know it's unlikely, but I can say, hand on heart, I hope anyone who travels the full length of the country to watch a football match, gets arrested upon arrival, handed a hefty fine and named 'n' shamed.

There'll probably be a load of m0ngs who will still say "Well done, proper fan" and such shite.

11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I know it's unlikely, but I can say, hand on heart, I hope anyone who travels the full length of the country to watch a football match, gets arrested upon arrival, handed a hefty fine and named 'n' shamed.

There'll probably be a load of m0ngs who will still say "Well done, proper fan" and such shite.

As long as people follow safe practices it really shouldn't matter where people travel; admittedly they are breaking the rules but its idiots who are spreading the virus who are congregating together and dont care about others. Captainmed wont have put anyone at risk on his travels

1 minute ago, marple whites said:

Given tier 4 announcement - and Fulham v spurs being called off, I can see a few week break being announced.

Thats exactly what they should do although its going to be as boring as fuck. Give us time to recruit and bed in our new players though before we kick start again. I like two games a week so that will be a good finish to the season

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

As long as people follow safe practices it really shouldn't matter where people travel; admittedly they are breaking the rules but its idiots who are spreading the virus who are congregating together and dont care about others. Captainmed wont have put anyone at risk on his travels

Everybody who breaks the rules says it's okay for them to do it because they're being careful and blame everyone else.

We can't pick and choose who gets exemption.  If everyone sticks to the rules then Covid goes away a lot quicker.  Anyone breaking the rules so blatantly has no right to be pissed off with anyone else who breaks the rules.

Going to watch a football match, especially one that can be watched on iFollow, is not necessary travel.  It's taking the piss out of everyone else who is sticking to the rules.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Everybody who breaks the rules says it's okay for them to do it because they're being careful and blame everyone else.

We can't pick and choose who gets exemption.  If everyone sticks to the rules then Covid goes away a lot quicker.  Anyone breaking the rules so blatantly has no right to be pissed off with anyone else who breaks the rules.

Going to watch a football match, especially one that can be watched on iFollow, is not necessary travel.  It's taking the piss out of everyone else who is sticking to the rules.

Covid won’t be going away anytime soon even with the various vaccines 

Our personal liberties can only be curtailed for relatively short periods of time otherwise we are fcked emotionally , financially , educationally & ultimately physically(non Covid excessive deaths due to successive lockdowns)

If captainmed & his boys want to scam a few away games (in a responsible manner) given the quite large contingents of football dignitaries who seem to be attending games it’s alright with me .Hands up those who haven’t broken ANY rules in these shitty lockdowns. 

16 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Our personal liberties can only be curtailed for relatively short periods of time otherwise we are fcked emotionally , financially , educationally & ultimately physically(non Covid excessive deaths due to successive lockdowns)

If captainmed & his boys want to scam a few away games (in a responsible manner) given the quite large contingents of football dignitaries who seem to be attending games it’s alright with me .Hands up those who haven’t broken ANY rules in these shitty lockdowns. 

Let's just scrap the whole tier system and tell everyone they can do what they want as long as it's done in a responsible manner then.

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Let's just scrap the whole tier system and tell everyone they can do what they want as long as it's done in a responsible manner then.

Sooner or later that will probably happen .Don’t get me wrong I have personally tried to stick to most of the ‘rules’ though not all of them.

In the long run the whole tier arrangement  is completely unsustainable, but Covid will still be with us.

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Take the point, but Daz's point is also valid.

Who knows where we'd be now if compliance had been higher. We might have been back in the unibolt weeks ago.

In Bolton we have been hammered more than most with lockdowns are we even close to watching games ? 

Not a chance.The geography & politics makes our compliance  almost irrelevant.

1 hour ago, marple whites said:

Given tier 4 announcement - and Fulham v spurs being called off, I can see a few week break being announced.

Just my opinion but I think the minute they say "let's have a break", they may as well scrap the season.  Things aren't going to improve in January, the best we can hope for is that the increase in cases levels off in a few weeks but it will get worse first.  At what point would it suddenly be OK to re-start games?  By which time there's zero chance of getting the fixtures fulfilled before the Euros.  I think they'll limp along until more games are being called off than played, and if that happens its game over for this season.

I have sadly had to cancel my season ticket (shit fan) I held on as long as I could I really did, I contacted the club to explain I got a short message asking me to send my (gold) season ticket back which I have done, I have been a fan for over forty years and a season ticket holder for over 30 years, I feel like I am failing the club at the worsed possible time, I have never felt so bad 😔

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Traf said:

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

52 minutes ago, DazBob said:

DazBob and Traf are absolutely correct. These rules aren’t there for folk to decide for themselves whether to follow them.

Just now, Revelredne1961 said:

I have sadly had to cancel my season ticket (shit fan) I held on as long as I could I really did, I contacted the club to explain I got a short message asking me to send my (gold) season ticket back which I have done, I have been a fan for over forty years and a season ticket holder for over 30 years, I feel like I am failing the club at the worsed possible time, I have never felt so bad 😔just so you know I work in the leisure industry I have been furloughed since March and now we have gone into tier 4 my job is in jeopardy I am 59 years old I am scared for my future