Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Back int ground


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We already have a jumper for goalposts thread

I agree As soon as Wigan fold, that's what should happen

Mate itd be full of mongos like the front row here. Fuck that  

5 hours ago, Andy Gee said:

Think the club should have some kind of XFactor style competition, only let in the ones that will create a bit of atmosphere. 

Good idea.  A ranking system - marks for singing, for how long you commit to staying in your seat and giving unconditional support even if a goal down in the 80th minute, how enthusiastically you cheer the manager's substitutions while giving a warm (not sarcastic) send off to the one replaced.  Extra points for every pound you spend at the game.  Double points if you're really good at giving the officials or the opposition players enough abuse so that it influences their performance in our favour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

According to the Daily Mail, no drinking, no shouting and no singing and you probably have to wear a mask.

If that's the case, it ain't football and they can fuck off, its probably going to cost more to Police.

Normal West stand brigade only then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

According to the Daily Mail, no drinking, no shouting and no singing and you probably have to wear a mask.

If that's the case, it ain't football and they can fuck off, its probably going to cost more to Police.

Thats the problem with our media; they dont know and make things up

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

According to the Daily Mail, no drinking, no shouting and no singing and you probably have to wear a mask.

If that's the case, it ain't football and they can fuck off, its probably going to cost more to Police.

That's right, who's bothered about the game?

Just wanna drink, shout and sing. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Steejay said:

That's right, who's bothered about the game?

Just wanna drink, shout and sing. 😂

Not quite, it's more like turn up and do as you told, you cant do this or that, and that would be shit.

We have to start somewhere, and a percentage of the stadium would be better than 50% or 4000 (whichever is lowest).

It going to cost clubs more to put on these games if that's the case, its fucking shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Thats the problem with our media; they dont know and make things up

I definitely go along with that, but there's going to be restrictions in place, they are just guessing what they are and tbh, what else can you guess at other than a pie and a pint, singing and shouting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not quite, it's more like turn up and do as you told, you cant do this or that, and that would be shit.

We have to start somewhere, and a percentage of the stadium would be better than 50% or 4000 (whichever is lowest).

It going to cost clubs more to put on these games if that's the case, its fucking shit.

Apart from the costs involved its going to be a total pain the arse to organise in terms of who is allowed in (and where they must sit etc).  And they've only got Friday to Tuesday to get it sorted realistically, and then they will have to deal with the complaints and fallout from other fans.  Its not impossible that some clubs with few staff will choose to go with no fans fo now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yeah just reading a piece online and and depending how things go after xmas end of March maybe possible for home & away fans. UEFA are hopefully for full attendance in June for England games so something to look forward 

Them Englnd tickets = GOLD DUST, those Jocks will pay at least 1k a ticket 🤑

Link to post
Share on other sites

Set the scene:

First game back, 2k let in.

Games on a knife edge, currently 1-1, then we score the winner in the 93rd minute (no doubt some fans will have already left to dodge the traffic 🙄).... bedlam but nobody around to celebrate with.

Fan jumps up in row F seat 10 starts cheering and shouting, "FUCKING GET IN, GET IN" ... Fan in Row F seat 20 tells him to shush 🤫, complains to the nearest steward 🤬

Aye, the brand new football experience, no thanks you can fuck off!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Set the scene:

First game back, 2k let in.

Games on a knife edge, currently 1-1, then we score the winner in the 93rd minute (no doubt some fans will have already left to dodge the traffic 🙄).... bedlam but nobody around to celebrate with.

Fan jumps up in row F seat 10 starts cheering and shouting, "FUCKING GET IN, GET IN" ... Fan in Row F seat 20 tells him to shush 🤫, complains to the nearest steward 🤬

Aye, the brand new football experience, no thanks you can fuck off!

That's a grim scenario.  

On a positive note, if we're only allowed 4k in whenever that may be, we wont have to open the upper tiers.  So all 4k can be in ESL, WSL and NSL, possibly 1 other either ESU or SSL.  No need to spread out more than we need to, because the likes of Walsall and Southend will have as many fans in as us and, roughly speaking, they'll have every other seat occupied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sent an email of Govt tiers yesterday & case numbers. Correct as of last week.

Only Exeter & Tranmere would have been in tier 1.

Cheltenham, Forest Green & Southend are towards the bottom of tier 2 though and approaching tier 1.

Bolton is fucked and currently well intoTier 3 as are Bradford, Grimsby, Port Vale, Walsall & Mansfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
6 hours ago, captainmed said:

I was sent an email of Govt tiers yesterday & case numbers. Correct as of last week.

Only Exeter & Tranmere would have been in tier 1.

Cheltenham, Forest Green & Southend are towards the bottom of tier 2 though and approaching tier 1.

Bolton is fucked and currently well intoTier 3 as are Bradford, Grimsby, Port Vale, Walsall & Mansfield.

Which is kind of ironic given that in the early days of this pandemic, Wirral became the isolation ward for the country, folk being bussed in to isolate.

Edited by MickyD
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, captainmed said:

I was sent an email of Govt tiers yesterday & case numbers. Correct as of last week.

Only Exeter & Tranmere would have been in tier 1.

Cheltenham, Forest Green & Southend are towards the bottom of tier 2 though and approaching tier 1.

Bolton is fucked and currently well intoTier 3 as are Bradford, Grimsby, Port Vale, Walsall & Mansfield.

 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Which is kind of ironic given that in the early days of this pandemic, Wirral became the isolation ward for the country, folk being bussed in to isolate.

Would expect Wirral to be lumped in with Liverpool as part of the 'city region' or whatever

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, captainmed said:

That is virtually a lockdown in all but name. Wankers.    

Much much stricter than the figures i saw from last week. 

Will be reviewed in 2 weeks.

It looks like we may be playing in front of spectators @ Cheltenham & Carlisle this year.    

In 2 weeks everyone else will be going in to tier 3 in return for the 5 days at Christmas. Carlisle is an interesting one given it's within the Christmas relaxation period!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.