Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

In Bolton we have been hammered more than most with lockdowns are we even close to watching games ? 

Not a chance.The geography & politics makes our compliance  almost irrelevant.

Wonder why we've been hammered?

Even the scousers got it down for a little while.

Geography does play a part- most densely populated areas have suffered severely, space, culture etc.

On that basis, travelling around unnecessarily from these areas helps no one. Even if it was 'good to see fans celebrating at Cheltenham. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wonder why we've been hammered?

Even the scousers got it down for a little while.

Geography does play a part- most densely populated areas have suffered severely, space, culture etc.

On that basis, travelling around unnecessarily from these areas helps no one. Even if it was 'good to see fans celebrating at Cheltenham. 

The scousers kissed the governments arse by accepting mass testing .

Their rates mysteriously went DOWN after such testing .

Burnham showed opposition & we all got punished , the rates in Bolton were comparable to Liverpool at that time.

Oh & by the way positive tests are not a diagnosis & can be tweaked depending on the PCR methodology.

Personally I wouldn’t travel but I don’t buy into the tier system it creates anomalies & resentment & always remember the maxim ‘divide and rule’.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

DazBob and Traf are absolutely correct. These rules aren’t there for folk to decide for themselves whether to follow them.

Wrong , folk do decide for themselves as individuals , they weigh up the pros & cons before they decide whether  or not to follow the governments ever changing  ‘rules’ & regs.

Parliament has been sidelined under statutory measures concocted way back in 1984(!!) they don’t even debate the ever changing laws.

1 minute ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Wrong , folk do decide for themselves as individuals , they weigh up the pros & cons before they decide whether  or not to follow the governments ever changing  ‘rules’ & regs.

Parliament has been sidelined under statutory measures concocted way back in 1984(!!) they don’t even debate the ever changing laws.

What could possibly go wrong with folk deciding whether to adhere rules...

Thank you to all who have wished me well, I consider Bolton Wanderers part of my family so having to cancel my season ticket hurts like hell, I hope to god I will be back, but I have to eat and that's the only reason I cancelled it, I have been paying it since about July I think and I will never ask for a refund, God bless every Bolton fan and I hope I am not judged to harshly 

2 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Thank you to all who have wished me well, I consider Bolton Wanderers part of my family so having to cancel my season ticket hurts like hell, I hope to god I will be back, but I have to eat and that's the only reason I cancelled it, I have been paying it since about July I think and I will never ask for a refund, God bless every Bolton fan and I hope I am not judged to harshly 

Kinnel mate no one on here is going to judge you , back in the day I used to have to miss a game if we had two home games on the trot because of financial limits.

Your doing the right thing , I admire you for not asking for a refund but I think you should.

Some ST holders (old gits) I know don’t always attend matches especially night matches so if & when we get back on the ground pm me to check if there’s any cry-offs that will lend you their ST.

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Kinnel mate no one on here is going to judge you , back in the day I used to have to miss a game if we had two home games on the trot because of financial limits.

Your doing the right thing , I admire you for not asking for a refund but I think you should.

Some ST holders (old gits) I know don’t always attend matches especially night matches so if & when we get back on the ground pm me to check if there’s any cry-offs that will lend you their ST.

Thank you so much I appreciate it, but I am not asking for a refund I love my club, as much as I am struggling so is my beloved club so they are welcome to what I have paid, COYWM

4 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Thank you so much I appreciate it, but I am not asking for a refund I love my club, as much as I am struggling so is my beloved club so they are welcome to what I have paid, COYWM

Please don't think I am looking for sympathy I am not I have been made redundant before and if it happens I will deal with it, I am dam sure this Virus has caused many more sad things than me not being able to afford a football season ticket, I guess i just needed to voice my feelings for my own sake because Bolton Wanderers Football Club has meant so much to me for so long, God bless all of you and I hope to god one day we can all return and support our beloved club as we once did x

End of the day BWFC doesn’t pay your mortgage/rent etc and if things have to be trimmed back then that’s the first to go

we are entering hard times and don’t forget some let payments slide last season when it got cancelled 

As much as BWFC has played a huge part in the life of every bugger on here, going to the football is a luxury at the end of the day, even more so paying out money that you haven’t got on a season ticket that you can’t even use. Completely understandable to cancel in your situation @Revelredne1961 and hopefully you’ll be back on your feet by the time we’re allowed back in. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Er, you must have missed the votes for lockdown and tiers then.

With their respective sunset clauses attached. 

All at the behest of Parliament itself.

Once heard someone say that taxation is a mark of a civilised society, in much the same way so our laws of the land. These come and go according to need and social requirements of the day.

Can't have people deciding which apply to them and when. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Don't know why I posted this just felt bad I guess 

Don't feel bad, it's taken  a worldwide pandemic to make you stop you going to the match.

There are more important things than football even though sometimes we act like there isn't. Have a break. Hope everything works out.

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Er, you must have missed the votes for lockdown and tiers then.

With their respective sunset clauses attached. 

All at the behest of Parliament itself.

Once heard someone say that taxation is a mark of a civilised society, in much the same way so our laws of the land. These come and go according to need and social requirements of the day.

Can't have people deciding which apply to them and when. 

Yes but only when pressure from their own MP's forced their hand .The first lockdown was done through statutory powers & bypassed parliament. 

Subsequent lockdown & the tiers system were given parliamentary approval but the statutory powers remain in force .They don't need parliament to meddle with the rules .They can ,& have made them up as it's gone along.

There is an argument regarding the common law & many fines imposed for lockdown transgressions have been thrown out of court.

15 hours ago, Revelredne1961 said:

No need to feel bad about it mate

These are extraordinary times

Tgis season's not going to complete & we aren't getting inside 'Reebok till after April, soonest,  even if we'restill playing at all.

Evatt's "slow start" has doomed us to another season playing obsure teams and looking enviously upward at clubs we cannot believe are in a higher tier.

Gid alone knows the state of finances of most Div. 3 & 4 clubs by the Spring. ... & plenty of 2nd Div. ones come to that.