Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newport

gonzo

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Me and lad just chatting about how Henshaw only sees bad in black players. It seems listeners using Twitter have picked up on it too.

I think he let his emotion take over at 0-2 , rather than anything sinister I think he just went unprofessional. To be honest I struggled to hear owt he said through his grunts.

Our style of play is a bit predictable, we need a bit more urgency going forward, nice triangles looks good but allows teams to get behind the ball, Doyle needs space to lose his marker and he isn’t getting that at the mo coz we so slow and don’t know what to do in the last third.

we are a bit lethargic at the back and opposing managers are now exploiting that weakness by lumping it forward and letting their striker take a chance in a 1 v 1.

Crellin, well I did warn u about him,,,, let’s hope he can bounce back, I don’t believe in slagging keepers really so I’ll remind u that he made a couple of excellent saves and his kicking is generally very good. 

Its disappointing I know but I still think IE will turn it around, need to scrape a win somehow then I’m confident we will pick up.

Maybe even get out of the relegation zone :lol:. 

• Site Supporter

Worth remembering that these players are all not good enough for other shit teams.

Apart from Doyle, it’s a squad of cast offs and journeymen.

The thinking was that Evatt’s “style” would get us something to work with.

Personally, I don’t see it.

If you’re shit, you’re shit.

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Crawford was shocking today though

Shocking is an exaggeration, just under par, 5 out of 10 compared to 3 or 4 for most of the others.  Always forward thinking, works the ball quickly, sees a pass.  Had a shot on target from the free kick 1st half which looks an easy thing to do until we get a similar chance in the 2nd half when he's off the pitch and the effort is embarrassing.  What he tries wont always come off, but it doesnt take a genius to see that he offers hope, where there simply is none from White and Comley, who always choose the 10 yard sideways passes that I could do, its not as if they are making tackles either.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I would say in our defence that we've had absolutely no luck in any of our games so far. And two disallowed goals. 

i think we had loads of luck in the first 20 minutes today, could of been 0-7 this afternoon

Edited by victor meldrew
spelling

Crillin kept us in the game 1st half, some decent saves too, I’m struggling to see where he was at fault.  The two goals they scored were 1st saved by him.  It was dreadful defending and the lack of trust throughout that lost us that, it was lacklustre and that didn’t spread much confidence throughout the team.  That’s the way I saw it anyhow

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Worth remembering that these players are all not good enough for other shit teams.

Apart from Doyle, it’s a squad of cast offs and journeymen.

The thinking was that Evatt’s “style” would get us something to work with.

Personally, I don’t see it.

If you’re shit, you’re shit.

Not true of every player in that squad.  When we were in the championship we knew we were playing against multi millionaire players in some cases, ex-Prem and £5million signings on £50k a week etc.  We will probably find that most of the opponents in this league are, or were prior to signing, also "not good enough for shit teams".  That squad should be good enough to look like it can go 45 minutes without conceding, or that it might score a goal.  At the moment I'm blaming the manager for that, not saying he wont sort it out, I'm saying at the moment he is getting it wrong because the squad of isnt as far behind the opposition as it looks now.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

If you want a proper boozer then Nags Head or Sir Ralph Abercrombie are alright (as mentioned though, any pub will have united fans in for the early kick off). Tib street tavern is another good shout but I’m not sure where it’s up to post lockdown.

If you want something a bit more upmarket then Brotherhood is pretty good, or Directors box - both just either side of Albert Square.

Other options - Ox Noble, The Sawyer’s

In keeping with the game it was a disaster. Tried that Dive Bar NQ as it has a "sports area" which comprised of 2 tellys showing BT score updates, asked them to put a live game on, they put Riga v Celtic on from last week, no reception to pick up match.

Went Tib Street for second half, accidentally charged myself a tenner to watch 40 mins of THAT. And the less said about THAT, the better.

Edited by Marc505

When i first got into BWFC in the early 70s we had a young defender called Peter Nicholson, my dad laughed and said he is not a footballer while I've got a hole in my arse. Being young and impressionable i always used to believe that Nicco was shite.

Apart from the nets that lad played anywhere on the park and never really embarrassed himself.

FFW 40 odd years,, my auld fella is long gone but that hole in his arse would be the size of burnden park if he'd seen this shower of shite.

17 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

In keeping with the game it was a disaster. Tried that Dive Bar NQ as it has a "sports area" which comprised of 2 tellys showing BT score updates, asked them to put a live game on, they put Riga v Celtic on from last week, no reception to pick up match.

Went Tib Street for second half, accidentally charged myself a tenner to watch 40 mins of THAT. And the less said about THAT, the better.

Doesn’t sound ideal.

We watched the early game in Sir Ralph, which pissed me off when they won it in the last minute. Then watched the bolton game at home which was even worse, and now in brotherhood which is quiet and expensive.

Bets haven’t had a chance, fantasy football is wank... try again next week!