Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newport

gonzo

• Site Supporter

That was “eye opening”, first game I’ve managed to see 90mins 

Central defence is potatoes 

Ok from Comley forward, though Tutt looks livelier.

did anyone get annoyed with a Gary Henshaws groaning noises? Sounded like he had is pollock in his hand reading Razzle 

Could blame the defence as much as the keeper for the goals. But for that second goal, the shot wasn't exactly a stinger, Crellin has to hold that or at least push it away from danger, for me. 

Their first goal - Comley went in for a tackle, the ball ricocheted off Hickman's face, fell to their player outside the box. Decent strike by him, Crellin spills it and no one reacts fast enough to stop the tap in.

I think that first goal was a bit fortunate for them with the build up but keeper and defence have to be more alert to the danger. And FWIW I don't think it's fair to pin all the blame on Santos. He lost his man for that corner in a previous game which lead to a goal but the other goals we have conceded weren't his fault alone and I thought his passing today was good.

Noticed that we had less than 50% possession first half which isn't part of brand evatt. If we dominate the ball and make better decisions while we have it then it takes the pressure off the defence a bit. Too many times players lost possession with a sloppy pass or pondering on the ball too long. Not enough intricate passing plays to unlock their defence.

If he can get the system working how he wants then we will win plenty of games but stupid errors keep costing us and the lack of service at the minute for Doyle and Delfounso is worrying. Corners, don't even get me started.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can only remember 2 passages of play where we kept the ball and played more than 3 passes.

Jurgen Evatt needs to sort this out very very quickly.

Well going of is interview he is sounding desperate going to pick the players that want it more in training this week  

“ even if there not the more skill full ones we have “ 

fuck me we have worse players in the background waiting for a go 😂

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Doesn’t sound ideal.

We watched the early game in Sir Ralph, which pissed me off when they won it in the last minute. Then watched the bolton game at home which was even worse, and now in brotherhood which is quiet and expensive.

Bets haven’t had a chance, fantasy football is wank... try again next week!

Definite write off that!

And you just reminded me I captained Werner.

2 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

If remi Matthews was in goal and made those two mistakes he would be getting dogs abuse. 

That second goal the guy basically passed it at him and he couldn't keep hold. Utter shite. 

What has happened to Sean miller anyway. Only striker to score for us this season and can't get on the bench. 

I think Miller is injured.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Worth remembering that these players are all not good enough for other shit teams.

Apart from Doyle, it’s a squad of cast offs and journeymen.

The thinking was that Evatt’s “style” would get us something to work with.

Personally, I don’t see it.

If you’re shit, you’re shit.

But these players that Evatt/Toby have signed, thought they had super stastistics off some computer generated machine?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Blondi said:

But these players that Evatt/Toby have signed, thought they had super stastistics off some computer generated machine?

It must be a Speak and Spell.

Ive just heard the Revels comment.

What a day

2 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Yes they have had the biggest crop of out of contract players to pick from there as ever been there are still hundreds without a club they selected these players Toby as been at it since January when Keith new he wasn’t going to be involved in next seasons recruiting so no excuses for the players they have got also they said they basically got all there summer targets 

3 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Yes they have had the biggest crop of out of contract players to pick from there as ever been there are still hundreds without a club they selected these players Toby as been at it since January when Keith new he wasn’t going to be involved in next seasons recruiting so no excuses for the players they have got also they said they basically got all there summer targets 

Do they not have commas & full stops in Farnworth?