Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Garden Renovation

Leyther_Matt

In no particular order...

- Fence posts need resetting

- Tree stumps need removing

- Need a couple of new fence panels

- Internal fence needs knocking down and removing

- Two existing patios need extending at either end of the garden (ordinary flags will do) with a path to link the two  

- Need a new back gate 

- Existing shed needs to be demolished

- Flags need replacing where the shed was

- Need a new shed

- Grass needs returfing or replacing with artificial 

- Need to create a border between grass and fences on either side

Quite a big job, all told. Any takers?

• Site Supporter

I can send over details of folk who can do stump grinding.

Fencing/flagging not really my thing; I can again send over details, but be aware that such guys are snowed under at the moment, so might be a wait. Maybe as well looking at fencing contractor local to you. Must be other leythers with recommendations. 

Shed manufacturer should erect your shed: will just need a base making first.

Can do the grass/borders, but these are last jobs once and construction/machinery has been done and gone. 

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I can send over details of folk who can do stump grinding.

Fencing/flagging not really my thing; I can again send over details, but be aware that such guys are snowed under at the moment, so might be a wait. Maybe as well looking at fencing contractor local to you. Must be other leythers with recommendations. 

Shed manufacturer should erect your shed: will just need a base making first.

Can do the grass/borders, but these are last jobs once and construction/machinery has been done and gone. 

Thanks pal, appreciate it. Had someone round last night who was able to quote for everything, but it was above 12 grand (you know yourself just how long our back garden is) so we'll have to scale back on a few things!

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Thanks pal, appreciate it. Had someone round last night who was able to quote for everything, but it was above 12 grand (you know yourself just how long our back garden is) so we'll have to scale back on a few things!

Seems a lot as first thought, but would depend upon type of fencing, flagging and area of plastic grass required etc.

If you're looking at all in one, then I'd suggest looking at a proper landscaping contractor, and maybe getting a few quotes. 

When t'other half comes home, I'll see if she can recommend any and get back to you.