Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harrogate v Bolton

Biggish Dave

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

OK, maybe "wrongfully disallowed" is not the right way to put it. What I meant was - both of those decisions were contentious, and had either goal stood I think there'd be a totally different atmosphere to the current one.

possibly, we were 'on top' at the time in both, and the decisions seeme dto knock the stuffing out of us.

Thems the breaks, but I think overall we have been well beaten in all 3 league games overall.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

possibly, we were 'on top' at the time in both, and the decisions seeme dto knock the stuffing out of us.

Thems the breaks, but I think overall we have been well beaten in all 3 league games overall.

I honestly don't think we have. I just think we've been sloppy in defence - which obviously isn't good enough. I think Evatt buying in to the nonsense about us being title favourites was naive, and it dumped un-needed pressure on what is basically a brand new squad, but he's a young manager and still learning. I'm sure it will all come good soon.

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I honestly don't think we have. I just think we've been sloppy in defence - which obviously isn't good enough. I think Evatt buying in to the nonsense about us being title favourites was naive, and it dumped un-needed pressure on what is basically a brand new squad, but he's a young manager and still learning. I'm sure it will all come good soon.

Didn't watch the Colchester game so I cannot comment but the other two league games and Bradford in the cup we were miles behind the other team and they bossed the second half in every game; against Newport we were woeful. Dont think your watching the same games as everyone else

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I don’t think anyone is throwing the towel in or having a tantrum 

Weve been dog shit, it’s as simple as that 

Try and paper over the cracks if you like but massive improvements are required 

Not papering over the cracks. We haven't been good enough. I just don't think we've been as dog shit as a lot of people suggest. Maybe I'm being overly-optimistic. Guaranteed if we win on Saturday the "WE'RE GONNA PISS THE LEAGUE" lot will be back. Fickle.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Your occasional reminder that we have a squad full of non-league players and 4th division cast offs.

Evatt is trying to play a Rachmianinoff concerto on a knackered piano with missing keys and no strings that he found in a skip.

Sometimes, it's better to go back to playing chopsticks and taking it from there.

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Not papering over the cracks. We haven't been good enough. I just don't think we've been as dog shit as a lot of people suggest. Maybe I'm being overly-optimistic. Guaranteed if we win on Saturday the "WE'RE GONNA PISS THE LEAGUE" lot will be back. Fickle.

We’ve lost 5 straight 

Been dog shit all over the park with little sign of any green shoots 

Were gonna piss the league has been put well to bed

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Colchester was a much better performance tbf but still can’t defend for shit

tranmere back in February was our last win this losing way simply needs to stop

i enjoyed last Saturday until I checked the score so I’m also swerving watching this sooner take the Mrs out 

Get the brownie points in the bank...

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

It’s going to be yet another embarrassing surrender to a team that have more desire, organisation and will to win.

Evatt has now done the Hill/Parkinson excuse book to the end, and in record time, and is getting found out at the expense of our club.

That is grossly unfair. It’s been poor and I think he has acknowledged that. It would do us more harm and be a sign of a bad manager if he came out and hammered them publicly.