Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Harrogate v Bolton


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

I’m still here bud, nice feeling but it’s against Harrogate ffs, just think about that for a minute.

We could say that about any team in this division.

I'm just hoping we say it about another 25 times at least 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gudni’s written a whole chapter about the incident in his new book, the chapter is titled “The day i met Cheese” 😂

Feel like ive just jizzed after a 2 hour coke wank  

Fair enough - I thought he had a good game today. He surely must have been one of those players who IE wanted to stand out on the training field, showing their passion, putting their bodies on the lin

9 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

No Henshaw- no problem

I was listening on iptv. Think it was Bolton fm... The guy who sounds like he commentates on daytime greyhounds and no one else. 

Fan power got the grunter potted? 

Highlight of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Play the same team again Tuesday let’s get these lads gelling and some do need the fitness

hopefully the fish boys will have their Covid sorted and we take them to the cleaners 

 

Agree 100% keep the same team easily our best performance today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Werder barmen said:

i think we have to go with that back 3 into the next one, much stronger than previous weeks
hopefully jones injury isn't to bad but didn't look good for him 

Hang on...3 at the back isn't suddenly the answer, 2 weeks ago at Colchester we'd all seemingly agreed 4 at the back brought a better performance (just 2 soft goals got in the way, nothing to do with formation those goals).  And everyone, but everyone, wanted Santos out, is he suddenly John Terry?  I'm still thinking Taft and Delaney might be the best 2 centre backs, and we need a right back now that Jones is injured.  I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure the way forward isn't a defence of Santos, Delaney and Brockbank and nobody else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Hickman dropped? Santos keeps his place? No sub keeper?

 

6 hours ago, Spider said:

Well he’s picked Santos, which means I’m a tenner better off because there’s fuck all chance of me watching it now.

 

6 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

5 defenders and no wingers.  I dont like this.  Prove me wrong.  No sub goalie when we've got 3 on the books suggests its tactical, 4 midfielders on bench, needs some explaining that however well the starting X1 plays.

 

6 hours ago, Rizlar said:

This could be any formation but Brockbank ffs hes awful 

 

5 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Defence is fucking wank

 

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That defensive line up looks even more scary now, Hickman never a right back - Brockbank should be there surely and Taft left back?  It feels a bit scattergun.

There’s a danger in posting nonsense pre/mid game.

FFS These players are the ones that IE has seen work their bollocks off during the week.

The players who were going to put their bodies on the line to get us a result today.

And they did 

Your comments have proved ridiculous

The formation - it worked, we have got 3 points

Brockbank, he wasn’t awful

Defence - It wasn’t fucking wank

I suggest you either wait till 90 mins is up or be a little more subjective in your comments

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Well I've had a good day.

My football team won, and my rugby league team won. And got to the challenge cup final as a result. Might never see that happen again in my lifetime so I've done the only thing open to me and have got cunted. 

Same, although I’m shit Salford fan. Wish my uncle was alive to see Salford today he was 52 year season ticket holder at the Willows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some research, no charge.  Delaney has started 3 league games for us.  All away from home.  No defeats yet, 2 draws and a win.  Not only that, we're yet to go a goal down with him in the team, and he's scored 1 of the 4 goals scored in the 3 games.  1st defender's name on the team sheet until our next loss please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, desperado said:

 

 

 

 

 

There’s a danger in posting nonsense pre/mid game.

FFS These players are the ones that IE has seen work their bollocks off during the week.

The players who were going to put their bodies on the line to get us a result today.

And they did 

Your comments have proved ridiculous

The formation - it worked, we have got 3 points

Brockbank, he wasn’t awful

Defence - It wasn’t fucking wank

I suggest you either wait till 90 mins is up or be a little more subjective in your comments

 

Nonsense from you there.  Did we win 8-0 with no shots on our goal?  So we could have played better then?

I'm skipping at our result and it sounds like Brockbank had a decent game and I couldnt be happier for him.  Maybe if Darcy was given a game we'd all be pleased for him if he played well too?  You probably think that because we hung on Comley is automatically a better player than Darcy.  Not necessarily my opinion, but each to their own.  I repeat, that defensive lineup looks scary to me, if we start with that against Grimsby I'll be concerned, I prefer 4 at the back with 2 orthodox full backs, 2 centre backs and less passing it around (Santos).  And you might be happy with no sub goalie but I think its a risk not worth taking.  If Crellin goes over on his ankle after 10 minutes we arent even talking about the possibility of getting a point today. Let's not stop people having their pre-match say, we can all comment with the benefit of hingsight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Here's some research, no charge.  Delaney has started 3 league games for us.  All away from home.  No defeats yet, 2 draws and a win.  Not only that, we're yet to go a goal down with him in the team, and he's scored 1 of the 4 goals scored in the 3 games.  1st defender's name on the team sheet until our next loss please.

Looks a proper defender first and foremost and that’ll do for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nonsense from you there.  Did we win 8-0 with no shots on our goal?  So we could have played better then?

I'm skipping at our result and it sounds like Brockbank had a decent game and I couldnt be happier for him.  Maybe if Darcy was given a game we'd all be pleased for him if he played well too?  You probably think that because we hung on Comley is automatically a better player than Darcy.  Not necessarily my opinion, but each to their own.  I repeat, that defensive lineup looks scary to me, if we start with that against Grimsby I'll be concerned, I prefer 4 at the back with 2 orthodox full backs, 2 centre backs and less passing it around (Santos).  And you might be happy with no sub goalie but I think its a risk not worth taking.  If Crellin goes over on his ankle after 10 minutes we arent even talking about the possibility of getting a point today. Let's not stop people having their pre-match say, we can all comment with the benefit of hingsight.

Nonsense from me?! Really where is that? Where did I say 8-0? No shots on goal? I’m quoting direct comments from you pre/mid game which have proven to be nonsense. My comments post game pretty much reflect the comments pre-game, nothing to do with hindsight. You just seem to be somebody who’s some kind of tactical expert who knows better than IE

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
4 hours ago, hughmungus said:

I’m still here bud, nice feeling but it’s against Harrogate ffs, just think about that for a minute.

Sorry it couldn’t have been Real Madrid we were playing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rizlar said:

Football is about opinions not everybody agrees thats why we love the game I still stand by my comments about Brockbank .

Fair enough - I thought he had a good game today. He surely must have been one of those players who IE wanted to stand out on the training field, showing their passion, putting their bodies on the line, which is what he was looking for this week. And as one of Harwoods own, and someone who led from the front in the dark days last year, I find that heartwarming and rewarding for any any Bolton fan. I hope he cements his place in this side going forward. But if he doesn’t IE will have good reason to replace him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny that many think it was our best performance today. I think first half, yes, definitely up there but we had to forgo possession for much of that second half, pretty much abandoned brand Evatt. Not saying possession is indicative of success, results show that's not the case and it's good Evatt's shown humility to go against his principles and philosophy to get results, I just hope we make progress towards attractive football.

Evatt said in the post match that it wasn't as pretty as he'd have liked but that will come. I wonder how he'll balance it going forward. Possession football may be a way off yet until we can get some consistency going. Fine by me as long as we get more points on the board. Plenty of time to instil the philosophy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Funny that many think it was our best performance today. I think first half, yes, definitely up there but we had to forgo possession for much of that second half, pretty much abandoned brand Evatt. Not saying possession is indicative of success, results show that's not the case and it's good Evatt's shown humility to go against his principles and philosophy to get results, I just hope we make progress towards attractive football.

Evatt said in the post match that it wasn't as pretty as he'd have liked but that will come. I wonder how he'll balance it going forward. Possession football may be a way off yet until we can get some consistency going. Fine by me as long as we get more points on the board. Plenty of time to instil the philosophy.

Doesn’t really have to address it if we carry on getting results. A huge part of football is confidence. Carry on winning, performances will come. Carry on being inconsistent and they wont

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never certain on Brockbank, I've not seen much of him admittedly but seemed like a player fans liked more because he's from the academy, rather than based on merit. But today he did very well. Couple of mistakes but for the most part did his job well. Long may it continue.

Shame that Gethin Jones is probably going to be out for a while, the administration embargo/squad limit could fuck us over if we keep picking up injuries like this. Didn't think Politic's absence would be that significant at the start of the season but definitely would've been useful based on these past few games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, desperado said:

Nonsense from me?! Really where is that? Where did I say 8-0? No shots on goal? I’m quoting direct comments from you pre/mid game which have proven to be nonsense. My comments post game pretty much reflect the comments pre-game, nothing to do with hindsight. You just seem to be somebody who’s some kind of tactical expert who knows better than IE

The nonsense from you is to say that everyone else's pre-match opinion was nonsense, or words to that effect.  The 8-0 reference was me saying that unless we won absolutely convincingly by taking the opposition apart, like some of our 5-0 defeats last season, then even in victory we can look at how we can improve.  Just like when we lose like at Colchester, it doesnt mean every player was dire, every manager's pick was wrong.  So today, not everything was right was it?  Since when did giving an opinion equal being a tactical expert?  I dont think suggesting having a sub keeper means I'm Clough/Fergie, can you divulge if you're happy to play the next 42 games with no sub keeper?  Or are pre-match opinions only allowed if you're the manager?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Doesn’t really have to address it if we carry on getting results. A huge part of football is confidence. Carry on winning, performances will come. Carry on being inconsistent and they wont

Doesn't have to but he will want to because that's the sort of manager he wants to be. He wants that transformation if not for us then for his CV. Be interesting to see how he handles that. First and foremost results though, he'll know that or he won't get the chance to make the transformation.

Edited by Mantra
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The nonsense from you is to say that everyone else's pre-match opinion was nonsense, or words to that effect.  The 8-0 reference was me saying that unless we won absolutely convincingly by taking the opposition apart, like some of our 5-0 defeats last season, then even in victory we can look at how we can improve.  Just like when we lose like at Colchester, it doesnt mean every player was dire, every manager's pick was wrong.  So today, not everything was right was it?  Since when did giving an opinion equal being a tactical expert?  I dont think suggesting having a sub keeper means I'm Clough/Fergie, can you divulge if you're happy to play the next 42 games with no sub keeper?  Or are pre-match opinions only allowed if you're the manager?

Well to me it’s nonsense if it’s not proven to be true. And nothing you have said for this game has proven to be true, has it? Of course that’s a matter of opinion and I don’t t want to fall in to the trap I did last time of being condescending to your opinion.

But unless your situation changed, you didn’t even watch the game and you were trying to predict/guess/hypothesise on what was/may be happening or am I wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.