Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Harrogate v Bolton

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The nonsense from you is to say that everyone else's pre-match opinion was nonsense, or words to that effect.  The 8-0 reference was me saying that unless we won absolutely convincingly by taking the opposition apart, like some of our 5-0 defeats last season, then even in victory we can look at how we can improve.  Just like when we lose like at Colchester, it doesnt mean every player was dire, every manager's pick was wrong.  So today, not everything was right was it?  Since when did giving an opinion equal being a tactical expert?  I dont think suggesting having a sub keeper means I'm Clough/Fergie, can you divulge if you're happy to play the next 42 games with no sub keeper?  Or are pre-match opinions only allowed if you're the manager?

These sentences you use:

...I’ll be happy with...

...I’ll settle for...

etc

Who exactly do you think you are and influence you have 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gudni’s written a whole chapter about the incident in his new book, the chapter is titled “The day i met Cheese” 😂

Feel like ive just jizzed after a 2 hour coke wank  

Fair enough - I thought he had a good game today. He surely must have been one of those players who IE wanted to stand out on the training field, showing their passion, putting their bodies on the lin

16 minutes ago, Morizio said:

These sentences you use:

...I’ll be happy with...

...I’ll settle for...

etc

Well said. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking along these lines. For some posters like @Johnnyrotten it’s like IE has to justify his every decision to him. Why not Brockbank at right back?  Why not Taft at left back, why 5 at the the back, is it right he doesn’t field a sub-keeper, why 4 midfielders on the bench, why hasn’t he recruited more wingers, etc etc and on and on and on..........I’m all for a good discussion but it just comes across as somebody who thinks they know better all the time

45 minutes ago, Morizio said:

These sentences you use:

...I’ll be happy with...

...I’ll settle for...

etc

I cant even think of a response, you've got me there.  But to answer your question, I'm a fan, and I've got zero influence.  Your point?

10 hours ago, hughmungus said:

And that folks is just how low our expectations have become................

Very true unfortunately.

.... and we haven't had much to cheer about and not many wins in the last 10 or so years, so it's now time to revel in those wins and hopefully there are more of them to come, and we can rise and climb up those leagues as fast as we slid down the fuckers. 

Edited by Mr Grey
22 minutes ago, desperado said:

Well said. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking along these lines. For some posters like @Johnnyrotten it’s like IE has to justify his every decision to him. Why not Brockbank at right back?  Why not Taft at left back, why 5 at the the back, is it right he doesn’t field a sub-keeper, why 4 midfielders on the bench, why hasn’t he recruited more wingers, etc etc and on and on and on..........I’m all for a good discussion but it just comes across as somebody who thinks they know better all the time

Pep paid a fortune for Stones and a lot of people thought that was a bit odd, but for you its not acceptable to question Pep because he's won stuff? Nothing wrong with different opinions surely? IE thought White and Comley were our best midfielders for 4 games, and Delaney wasn't worth a place.  A lot of fans disagreed, now IE has changed his mind, so were all the fans wrong to have an opinion?  I find it a bit odd, just let us know what you think rather than just criticise people for having a say.

It’s pretty sImple what I think - trust the guy who’s seeing these people everyday. I trust the decisions he’s making. 

I’ve given my opinion on things I agree/disagree with. I’ve questioned Santos - however he had his best game today. I’ve criticised the whole defensive unit so far- but again IE has attempted to rectify this, with some success today.

I don’t think you realise that you come across as someone who is some kind of an expert on tactics, formations and which players should be playing where.

You didn’t even watch the game today.

You throw that much stuff about it’s mind boggling. It’s like if you throw enough shit out there some of it will stick.  

But to make my point I don’t think we will ever see this season Brockbank at right back and Taft at left back together for the rest of the season like you were suggesting at half time. 

While you’re suggesting stuff like this, in a game you’re not even watching, it’s really hard to take your opinions seriously.

Your stuff about City and Stones...WTF, I couldn’t give a shit. 

You want to know what I think.... today IE got it spot on, he sacrificed his footballing principles for a result. He put the players in who showed some passion, he got them to fight for each other, fight for the shirt. What needs to improve? IMO, which is pretty much irrelevant and I won’t be holding him to account or proclaiming these opinions as something IE must be answerable to are; What’s our preferred system going forward, personally I like the 3-5-2, what’s the best midfield combination? I’m really not sure yet, If Crawfords on form he’s got to be in (he wasn’t today) Sarcevic looked better today, I’d like to see Darcy given a run out Mid-week. I agreed with Farelli today that Sarcevic, Tutte, Delaney and Mascoll deserved a chance - they did and played well.

BUT IE IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS BETTER THAN US!!

In future if you question him, don’t make it sound so final, definitive, irreversible. Honestly you are coming across in the wrong way (I hope)

I’m really trying to be rational with you, debate with you, but until you stop over analysing EVERY decision IE makes, most of which involves you coming up with myriad of theories and solutions, which are largely inaccurate, then it’s going to be hard to take you serious 

Some things never change. FFS can't we just enjoy that winning feeling for a few hours before the forensic analysers take all the fucking joy out of it?

As a bit of a mechanical engineering fanatic, one thing I have learned about football over the decades of involvement is that you can't analyse a football team like a 'well oiled machine' as the media would often have you believe. Human failings, human genius and those intangibles like confidence and spirit all have to be factored in and I am hoping that this breakthrough will provide inspiration for a good run of results.

I know it has made my fucking weekend! :drinks:

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s pretty sImple what I think - trust the guy who’s seeing these people everyday. I trust the decisions he’s making. 

I’ve given my opinion on things I agree/disagree with. I’ve questioned Santos - however he had his best game today. I’ve criticised the whole defensive unit so far- but again IE has attempted to rectify this, with some success today.

I don’t think you realise that you come across as someone who is some kind of an expert on tactics, formations and which players should be playing where.

You didn’t even watch the game today.

You throw that much stuff about it’s mind boggling. It’s like if you throw enough shit out there some of it will stick.  

But to make my point I don’t think we will ever see this season Brockbank at right back and Taft at left back together for the rest of the season like you were suggesting at half time. 

While you’re suggesting stuff like this, in a game you’re not even watching, it’s really hard to take your opinions seriously.

Your stuff about City and Stones...WTF, I couldn’t give a shit. 

You want to know what I think.... today IE got it spot on, he sacrificed his footballing principles for a result. He put the players in who showed some passion, he got them to fight for each other, fight for the shirt. What needs to improve? IMO, which is pretty much irrelevant and I won’t be holding him to account or proclaiming these opinions as something IE must be answerable to are; What’s our preferred system going forward, personally I like the 3-5-2, what’s the best midfield combination? I’m really not sure yet, If Crawfords on form he’s got to be in (he wasn’t today) Sarcevic looked better today, I’d like to see Darcy given a run out Mid-week. I agreed with Farelli today that Sarcevic, Tutte, Delaney and Mascoll deserved a chance - they did and played well.

BUT IE IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS BETTER THAN US!!

In future if you question him, don’t make it sound so final, definitive, irreversible. Honestly you are coming across in the wrong way (I hope)

I’m really trying to be rational with you, debate with you, but until you stop over analysing EVERY decision IE makes, most of which involves you coming up with myriad of theories and solutions, which are largely inaccurate, then it’s going to be hard to take you serious 

It's not just me then.... 👍

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Some things never change. FFS can't we just enjoy that winning feeling for a few hours before the forensic analysers take all the fucking joy out of it?

As a bit of a mechanical engineering fanatic, one thing I have learned about football over the decades of involvement is that you can't analyse a football team like a 'well oiled machine' as the media would often have you believe. Human failings, human genius and those intangibles like confidence and spirit all have to be factored in and I am hoping that this breakthrough will provide inspiration for a good run of results.

I know it has made my fucking weekend! :drinks:

and the pub is back open

i wont even remember that we won by 4 pm today 

26 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I let out a silent but not insignificant worry fart every time we do this.

We have 3 or 4 risky passes and then the keeper kicks it usually from the six yard box.