Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tobias Phoenix

gonzo

This fellas name seems to be getting a mention a lot more amongst the socials and negative conversation.

Do we see a disparity between his signings and Evatts which some are suggesting?

Does Evatt even have any say in signings? 

Too eary for the knives to be out, but roles such as this fellas will always come under scrutiny when the chips are down, probably even more so than evatts. Mainly becasue nobody knows what it is he actually does.

• Moderators

Who knows but I wouldn't want to cobble together a new squad from scratch and expect instant results

We did make some good signings on paper, but most may have got carried away with initial expectations (myself included)

Am sure it will get better

That said I'd have liked more goals and a point or two at this stage

7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I just want to know what his background is and why he got the job. He doesn't seem to have a track record to speak of, so why was it felt that he was qualified to take control?

he's probably cheap

11 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I just want to know what his background is and why he got the job. He doesn't seem to have a track record to speak of, so why was it felt that he was qualified to take control?

Phoenix is renowned for working diligently in discovering pathways and mentoring players whilst focussing on improvement and establishing platforms for success.

From the official site.

I reckon he wrote that himself.

If we are to judge him on his signings then the jury is very much out. 

Having a 'sporting philosophy' is a fine idea when you're a stable, wealthy club (or Swansea).

We're not. 

We've got a DOf and manager with barely any experience in charge. 

It's really worrying. 

57 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

he's probably cheap

He is Kenyons man.

He also made me laugh when he said we shouldn’t describe it as the ‘Tobias Phoenix show’ which I thought as odd at the time as I’d never heard anyone other than him describe that.

Tobias isnt picking the team though, some of the signings are better than we could have expected.  We've got a big squad and if IE hasnt brought these players in, he can afford to not pick the worst of them.  How about Gilks, Jones, Taft, Delaney, Baptiste (or Gordon left back and Taft instead of Baptiste); Darcy, Crawford, Tutte, Sarcevic, Fonz, Doyle.  Hickman and the new winger can provide variety to any of the midfield but White and Comley get get to the back of the midfield queue.  Miller looks a more than adequate alternative striker and there's still options on the bench to cover injuries etc.  IE should be getting more than he's getting from this squad, hopefully he will before long.

He's in same category as Evatt right now. Came in and talked the talk. Walking the walk isn't happening yet, so he's under scrutiny. Also his name and his job title aren't doing him any favours.

I'll have to give it another 10 games before I judge both Evatt and Phoenix properly because I don't think any of the signings have lived up to expectation yet. I do understand people's concern and frustration with the current situation but I think we'll come good and all these worries will be forgotten quickly.

FV have put a lot of new things in place and for me, it's too early to judge the situation rationally right now. This is a long term plan that's got off to a bad start. Can call it blind faith but there's not much influence we can have as fans (especially during pandemic) and I'd rather not be too critical right now.

I can't bring myself to be pessimistic and downbeat just yet. Mainly just frustrated at the shit goals we've conceded and the good chances we've missed.

We will be reet.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mantra said:

He's in same category as Evatt right now. Came in and talked the talk. Walking the walk isn't happening yet, so he's under scrutiny. Also his name and his job title aren't doing him any favours.

I'll have to give it another 10 games before I judge both Evatt and Phoenix properly because I don't think any of the signings have lived up to expectation yet. I do understand people's concern and frustration with the current situation but I think we'll come good and all these worries will be forgotten quickly.

FV have put a lot of new things in place and for me, it's too early to judge the situation rationally right now. This is a long term plan that's got off to a bad start. Can call it blind faith but there's not much influence we can have as fans (especially during pandemic) and I'd rather not be too critical right now.

I can't bring myself to be pessimistic and downbeat just yet. Mainly just frustrated at the shit goals we've conceded and the good chances we've missed.

We will be reet.

Good post 👍