Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town v Bolton Wanderers - EFL Trophy

desperado

13 minutes ago, Werder barmen said:

i think darcy has good feet, but didnt show much really for me 

Agree.

Should have won that and had our two best striker's been playing won by a mile. 

Anyone know what sort of first team they put out? We made 9 changes 10 at half time from Saturday so to be well in the game all night against a team a division above with our 2nd 11 is certainly progress.

3 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Agree.

Should have won that and had our two best striker's been playing won by a mile. 

Anyone know what sort of first team they put out? We made 9 changes 10 at half time from Saturday so to be well in the game all night against a team a division above with our 2nd 11 is certainly progress.

By the looks not many changes think about 4 so not bad 

Reminds me of the quote "football is a game of 22 players and 20,000 referees"

Thought Gordon was our best player first half .
We didnt get beat by Shrewsbury we got beat by Bolton .....2 woeful mistakes at the back . 
We had the best chances of the game and apart from the first 15 mins of each half we were the better team , gnouhuahahaha looks a proper handful , darcy grew into the game but nothing special , thought senior was poor especially going forward . The Injury to White hurt us most as he looked the only one to do something from midfield having said that Riley looks a prospect . At least we tried to play and fuck me its better to watch than 87 .

would you have anyone from shrewsburys team in ours ? except the keeper .

loved how we got done for a foul throw whilst Valdadrama made 8 EIGHT of the exact same throws (and yes I counted)

As for Cummings , he's a thug and a pest but wouldnt want him at my club.

Plenty of positives from that tho we should never ever take a short corner again ...has it ever worked for us ? 

• Site Supporter

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18774878.shrewsbury-town-2-bolton-wanderers-1---ian-evatts-match-reaction/

IE not happy with Vela. Looks like it could be knee ligaments for Tom White. Shame, regardless of the fact he was having a good game and is probably the next taxi off the rank for a midfield spot after the 3 from Saturday, to be injured in the manner he was from the reckless and mindless thug Vela is hard to take. 

Bad result but in the greater scheme of things there were some positives. Second half for me showed that we can play a bit. Just need to move on.

And Vela can just fucking do one. Never jumped on his bandwagon when at BWFC. He can fuck right off now. Bad attitude. Take it out on your former managers not the club that gave you a fucking chance to earn a living 

52 minutes ago, desperado said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18774878.shrewsbury-town-2-bolton-wanderers-1---ian-evatts-match-reaction/

IE not happy with Vela. Looks like it could be knee ligaments for Tom White. Shame, regardless of the fact he was having a good game and is probably the next taxi off the rank for a midfield spot after the 3 from Saturday, to be injured in the manner he was from the reckless and mindless thug Vela is hard to take. 

Vela was on a mission from minute 1,  he,all be happy with himself tonight.    Thought the young lad who came on for white looked to have a lot more about him than we have seen in white ,  yes he made the mistake but looked confident for a 17 year old kid.

4 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Vela was on a mission from minute 1,  he,all be happy with himself tonight.    Thought the young lad who came on for white looked to have a lot more about him than we have seen in white ,  yes he made the mistake but looked confident for a 17 year old kid.

Thought that too. 

It was Riley

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, W.cramp said:

Yeh, he never shied away from wanting the ball and showed some really nice touches. 

Did anyone get a look of the young Le Fondre on the bench? Never mind 15, he looked like some of my lads mates in Year 9 (13)! They must rate him to put him on the bench. 

Cummings would walk in to any team in League One, never mind League Two. 

Anyone know what the average age was for us tonight? Riley only turns 18 next month so he showed great maturity to grow in to the game in the manner he did. Giving the ball away for the second goal so soon after coming on might have crushed the confidence of other players.  

Didn't see this game unfortunately. Fucking Vela injuring our player, what a bellend. Best not be knee ligaments for White, I know we've been injury cursed for while but with Politic and Jones out long term already and it's only October, fucking bullshit.

Sounds like we played decent though, hopefully catch the highlights on Youtube.

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Bad result but in the greater scheme of things there were some positives. Second half for me showed that we can play a bit. Just need to move on.

And Vela can just fucking do one. Never jumped on his bandwagon when at BWFC. He can fuck right off now. Bad attitude. Take it out on your former managers not the club that gave you a fucking chance to earn a living 

Aye shocking from Vela. Putting a young lad out like that is piss poor. Hope someone does it to him.

I only saw the 2 min highlights, there were two sideways throw ins deep in our half to players immediately caught under pressure, one lucky to play out, the other leading to the second goal. Surely throw ins should be down the line at this level or to a player with no one near him. 

Jesus how did Gnahoua not score that first chance! Good highlights them.

Those Riley clips look very neat and tidy, would not mind seeing him push into the senior team and develop, that would be moneyball! 

Two sloppy goals again - bleurgh - we'll cut them out... eventually.

On Cummings, I never thought I'd see shinnies lower than Grealish.

14 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Didn’t see the game but a highlight reel of young Regan Riley has just emerged. Looks a player. 

Thing that impressed me most about him isn't so much the ability on the ball, it's his strength and composure under pressure. The lad is 17 shrugging off challenges, shielding the ball well, carrying himself well. Looks a foot taller than everyone around him, doing all that against professionals from the league above his own first team.

Player. 

59 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Thing that impressed me most about him isn't so much the ability on the ball, it's his strength and composure under pressure. The lad is 17 shrugging off challenges, shielding the ball well, carrying himself well. Looks a foot taller than everyone around him, doing all that against professionals from the league above his own first team.

Player. 

That and his awareness of players around him. Great prospect on that footage.