Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sciatica

Zico

• Site Supporter
On 25/01/2023 at 23:05, bolty58 said:

Glad to hear that things are improving mate. My Neptunes Bed spiky thing has been great at keeping problems away. Fall asleep on the bugger these days for an hour or more. The endorphins it encourages are marvellous!

Sounds in a way a bit like mass acupuncture. I found that very effective to free up a stiff neck some years back.

Is this crap anywhere near the gout I'm having an attack of , hence rash of stupid o clock posts (sorry).?

Worst pain ever was trapped nerve in back of neck after RTA  Felt like a continuous 415V electric shock down to tip of my fingers  NHS fannied around with massage , stretches etc for ages before a young maid just over from India asked if she could basically put head and neck in a rack to separate the discs. 

I had L5/S1 nerve compression from the disc. Part of the disc broke off. Couldn’t get up off the floor, had to have an operation. Got permanent nerve damage  in my foot and I walk with a funny gait and can’t stand on my tip toes on my right leg. I sympathise with anyone who has back trouble. It’s horrible

7 hours ago, green genie said:

Is this crap anywhere near the gout I'm having an attack of , hence rash of stupid o clock posts (sorry).?

Worst pain ever was trapped nerve in back of neck after RTA  Felt like a continuous 415V electric shock down to tip of my fingers  NHS fannied around with massage , stretches etc for ages before a young maid just over from India asked if she could basically put head and neck in a rack to separate the discs. 

Gout? Is this still a thing in 2023?

• Moderators
On 24/01/2023 at 11:43, barryk32 said:

looks like they've sold out the "normal" size one, but still got mini ones

dunno what happened to the blog post with stretches, but it's on the wayback machine:

found this stretches post which pretty much covers the same ones

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317920?utm_source=ReadNext#stretches-for-pain-relief

11 hours ago, superkev said:

I had L5/S1 nerve compression from the disc. Part of the disc broke off. Couldn’t get up off the floor, had to have an operation. Got permanent nerve damage  in my foot and I walk with a funny gait and can’t stand on my tip toes on my right leg. I sympathise with anyone who has back trouble. It’s horrible

It’s my L5/S1 that’s the problem as well. It’s still hurting like a bastard over a week after it went again. I’ve no feeling in the top of my left foot, the big toe or halfway up my shin. Got the TENS machine on for 60 mins at a time

Has anybody taken any decent muscle relaxants on prescription? I've got a busted right sacroiliac joint and when I go away, my back can start to play up, especially when sleeping on a different mattress, I really could do with some pills, just in case of an emergeny back problem when I'm on holiday.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Has anybody taken any decent muscle relaxants on prescription? I've got a busted right sacroiliac joint and when I go away, my back can start to play up, especially when sleeping on a different mattress, I really could do with some pills, just in case of an emergeny back problem when I'm on holiday.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink, Say no more, say no more.

• Site Supporter
On 03/02/2023 at 10:49, Not in Crawley said:

Gout? Is this still a thing in 2023?

It’s more popular than ever according to the number of people going to the doctors with it.

And I can tell you that nothing comes close in terms of pain. Nothing.

I’ve broken bones and that pain is a tickle compared to gout.

I’d rather have Boris as PM

2 hours ago, Spider said:

It’s more popular than ever according to the number of people going to the doctors with it.

And I can tell you that nothing comes close in terms of pain. Nothing.

I’ve broken bones and that pain is a tickle compared to gout.

I’d rather have Boris as PM

Blimey- closest I've come to it is Dickens.

Just thought it had died out as people had more diverse foodstuffs. I suppose we do have a salt rich diet.

• 9 months later...