Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Project Big Picture


barryk32
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I guess Bolton’s a funny one given the club have sold 8k ST’s 

However if the gates are shut for the thick end of the season, the likelihood is, a lot of it will have to be given back somehow (refunds this season or off next year) 

Well this is what i asked previously - have all EFL clubs even gone down the "selling STs" route, never mind sold about as many as they normally  would have expected to? Plus, I take the point about refunds.

Open grounds at a certain % of capacity, change the rules so people can sup in seats (as an income stream), strict rules in most stands/concourses, have a stand with absolute distancing for those genuinely worried (no concourses, file in in the safest possible way e.g. Gonzos suggestion of the emergency gates at our place) and hang a dire threat of compliance over the fans in general so that if an independent assessor reveals too may people being dicks, the ground gets shut again for however long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Unless I have been completely taken in by an accomplished actor, Gary Neville seems to have morphed into a respectable force for good as far as the general health of English football is concerned.

He's still a rat-faced cunt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Good debate this, and Carragher's point about clubs looking out for themselves and using this "football family" crap when it suits them was spot on. Not like the bloke sat opposite him has brought success to Salford on a shoestring, is it.

 

 

Oh theres a second part as well. Irony overload for it to be broadcast from Sky Sports like, but a good watch.

Edited by Marc505
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

For me the independent regulator is the way to go. 
Neville shouldn’t be on it because he owns a club. That’s not fuckin independent. He could be an advisor to the panel but he shouldn’t be on it. The rat faced cunt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

For me the independent regulator is the way to go. 
Neville shouldn’t be on it because he owns a club. That’s not fuckin independent. He could be an advisor to the panel but he shouldn’t be on it. The rat faced cunt

A sensible head on a wayward ship. Well done Rudy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

£250 million agreed for efl clubs.

Championship gets £200m

Leagues 1 and 2 get £50m shared.

Approx £1m each then.

Fecking Championship is no better than those wankers in the Premiership.

I'm slowly coming to loath football & those who run it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Fecking Championship is no better than those wankers in the Premiership.

I'm slowly coming to loath football & those who run it 

Believe the L1/L2 is a grant though whereas Championship money is only a loan. 

 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

£250 million agreed for efl clubs.

Championship gets £200m

Leagues 1 and 2 get £50m shared.

Approx £1m each then.

Apparently it’s weighted alongside lost gate receipts so we might be one of the greater recipients. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is based on lost gate receipts then we might not get our ‘fare share’. The club has had season ticket money off many, not sure how many have claimed back mind but still. The gap between what we would have expected and what we have realised won’t be much more than £1m surely? 

As an example, let’s assume our average gate would have been 12k, average ticket price £10 (think it’s even less), that’s £1.2m a season. Let’s assume 5k season ticket holders haven’t asked for a refund, at £10 a ticket that’s £500k realised. Gap would be £700k based on those numbers, to come out of the £50m grant.

Doesn’t include other match day income of course 

Edit... A bit on the news, league 1 & 2 getting £30m up front with another £20 possible. Rochdale chairman on, talking about a ‘minimum of £375k’ 

Edited by birch-chorley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

£250 million agreed for efl clubs.

Championship gets £200m

Leagues 1 and 2 get £50m shared.

Approx £1m each then.

There's an awful lot of smoke and mirrors going on here - just  look behind the headlines at the detail  - its a maximum of £65 million that the Premier League are providing . 

Take the Championships £200 million ( rules detailed below )  all the premier league has agreed to do is to pay £15 million in interest and loan set up fees to enable each club to borrow £8 million - nothing else - The EFL then has to go out and borrow the money - none of this is coming directly from the Premier League 

The clubs that take on a loan can only use the money to pay outstanding PAYE (  in theory to stop them going bust  in the short term ) their owners will have to otherwise continue to fund gate receipt and other income shortfalls

This will just defer clubs going out of business - for now - nothing else

FROM EFL WEBSITE - Support for Championship Clubs

The Premier League has also agreed to provide a payment commitment of up to £15m to cover interest, arrangement fees and professional fees to allow the EFL to secure a £200m loan facility that it will then on-lend to Championship Clubs interest free.

Details are as follows:

 

  • The loan facility is provided to support Clubs in the Championship to meet PAYE liabilities up to the end of 30 June 2021.
  • Loans are capped at £8.33m per Championship Club with monies received to be repaid by June 2024 using Premier League solidarity receipts or other central Premier League or EFL Distributions.
  • This fund is not available to any Club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility.
  • Any Club in receipt of a loan payment as detailed will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations.

 

 

The clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 are in a better position than championship clubs by taking their share of the £30 million grant - at least its a grant and not a loan - hopefully this will help most get to the end of the season - but possibly not all . 

If a club applies for part of the additional £20 million monitored grant that has got strings attached - ( Read this elsewhere but not on EFL website )   A club can't then pay transfer fees for at least 1 transfer window and are then limited to a spend of 20k in the next 2 transfer windows. Free transfers only allowed to replace a leaving player and at 75% of leaving player's salary.  Breach those restrictions and the grant is repayable. 

 

 

FROM EFL WEBSITE -Support for Clubs in League One and League Two

The relief package will provide a combined fund of £50million for League One and League Two Clubs, with £30million to be paid to all 48 Clubs as a grant and a further £20million available on application as a ‘monitored grant’.

Details are as follows:

  • A £30million grant to be paid immediately from the Premier League to EFL Clubs for distribution based on lost gate receipts in respect of the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Season.
    • Each Club will receive a minimum payment of £375,000 in League One and £250,000 in League Two.
    • The remaining £15m to be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation, which will be approved by both the EFL and the Premier League.
  • In addition, a further £20m ‘Monitored Grant’ is to be provided with Clubs able to apply for it based on ‘need’, with a joint EFL and Premier League panel to determine Club eligibility.
    • Clubs subsequently in receipt of a ‘monitored grant’ will be subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.
    • Clubs who keep to the restrictions will not have to repay any of the funding required, whereas for Clubs in breach, the ‘monitored grant’ becomes repayable by the Club.
  • Any Club in receipt of a grant or monitored grant payment will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

There's an awful lot of smoke and mirrors going on here - just  look behind the headlines at the detail  - its a maximum of £65 million that the Premier League are providing . 

Take the Championships £200 million ( rules detailed below )  all the premier league has agreed to do is to pay £15 million in interest and loan set up fees to enable each club to borrow £8 million - nothing else - The EFL then has to go out and borrow the money - none of this is coming directly from the Premier League 

The clubs that take on a loan can only use the money to pay outstanding PAYE (  in theory to stop them going bust  in the short term ) their owners will have to otherwise continue to fund gate receipt and other income shortfalls

This will just defer clubs going out of business - for now - nothing else

FROM EFL WEBSITE - Support for Championship Clubs

The Premier League has also agreed to provide a payment commitment of up to £15m to cover interest, arrangement fees and professional fees to allow the EFL to secure a £200m loan facility that it will then on-lend to Championship Clubs interest free.

Details are as follows:

 

  • The loan facility is provided to support Clubs in the Championship to meet PAYE liabilities up to the end of 30 June 2021.
  • Loans are capped at £8.33m per Championship Club with monies received to be repaid by June 2024 using Premier League solidarity receipts or other central Premier League or EFL Distributions.
  • This fund is not available to any Club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility.
  • Any Club in receipt of a loan payment as detailed will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations.

 

 

The clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 are in a better position than championship clubs by taking their share of the £30 million grant - at least its a grant and not a loan - hopefully this will help most get to the end of the season - but possibly not all . 

If a club applies for part of the additional £20 million monitored grant that has got strings attached - ( Read this elsewhere but not on EFL website )   A club can't then pay transfer fees for at least 1 transfer window and are then limited to a spend of 20k in the next 2 transfer windows. Free transfers only allowed to replace a leaving player and at 75% of leaving player's salary.  Breach those restrictions and the grant is repayable. 

 

 

FROM EFL WEBSITE -Support for Clubs in League One and League Two

The relief package will provide a combined fund of £50million for League One and League Two Clubs, with £30million to be paid to all 48 Clubs as a grant and a further £20million available on application as a ‘monitored grant’.

Details are as follows:

  • A £30million grant to be paid immediately from the Premier League to EFL Clubs for distribution based on lost gate receipts in respect of the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Season.
    • Each Club will receive a minimum payment of £375,000 in League One and £250,000 in League Two.
    • The remaining £15m to be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation, which will be approved by both the EFL and the Premier League.
  • In addition, a further £20m ‘Monitored Grant’ is to be provided with Clubs able to apply for it based on ‘need’, with a joint EFL and Premier League panel to determine Club eligibility.
    • Clubs subsequently in receipt of a ‘monitored grant’ will be subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.
    • Clubs who keep to the restrictions will not have to repay any of the funding required, whereas for Clubs in breach, the ‘monitored grant’ becomes repayable by the Club.
  • Any Club in receipt of a grant or monitored grant payment will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations. 

Im glad we aren’t taking loads off them. The salary cap and transfer ban could not have timed any better for us. Good to hear Evatt discussing the club being financially strong as well. I think we are going to come out of this ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Casino said:

Im going to paraphrase but one esteemed writer told FV to show us the money or fuck off during the difficult takeover

He’s still asking for the books in an effort to derail the club. Perhaps losing 1-3 to Port Vale is Iles’ fault. He’s a cunt!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.