Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Which sports do you not like?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darts isn't a sport either. Anything you can play/do in flip flops or sandals without adversely affecting performance isn't a sport, like... Snooker Pool Fishing etc.

Went watching baseball in New York and really didn't understand what was happening so I went over to a group of lads to ask for the basics... They said "we don't know either were from Preston" 

Darts. Utter shit, especially that spazzy level they put on after the proper players finish their tournament

I got mithered into watching the Croquet Derby once on the lawns of Pennington Hall park in the refined district of Leigh, the finalists were Westleigh & Plank Lane, the game started with gentile handshakes but ended up a full blown fight and mallets used as weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to watch the Atlanta Hawks V San Antonio Spurs when we were in Atlanta. Fucking shite.

Not many sports I actively dislike, probably due to the fact one of my best mates watches literally any sport so have a passing interest in anything. That and watching Grandstand and Transworld Sports every weekend s akid

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I got mithered into watching the Croquet Derby once on the lawns of Pennington Hall park in the refined district of Leigh, the finalists were Westleigh & Plank Lane, the game started with gentile handshakes but ended up a full blown fight and mallets used as weapons.

I stayed in a hotel/Spa that had a croquet lawn. I didn't fully understand the rules, and I was guided through the game, but it turned out that I was pretty good at it.

 

As it happens I'm pretty good at every sport I've ever done. So my croquet talent didnt come as a great surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I stayed in a hotel/Spa that had a croquet lawn. I didn't fully understand the rules, and I was guided through the game, but it turned out that I was pretty good at it.

 

As it happens I'm pretty good at every sport I've ever done. So my croquet talent didnt come as a great surprise.

Did the hotel have a table football machine ? I was pretty good playing that till a few years ago breaking my wrist what ended my career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, snowball said:

Hate rugby. Love American Football. if you hate it you dont get it. Fantastic game.

Not a big fan of RL (but concede that it's a tough game for hard men) but love Union, gridiron and almost all team sports. Just leave me out of the selfish individual sports like tennis, golf etc.

American football is just brilliant and I still believe that the college game is a better watch overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Use to really love watching American football. Went to Wembley couple of times to watch them pre-season jobs they use to have. Then, and without warning, I suddenly thought it was shit and not worth my time anymore. I've tryed to get back in to it but the love isn't there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

I'm sure it makes a massive difference when the sport is around you.

People on here have an unblinding loyalty to our beloved Whites - that's a trait that we all have in common.

I lived in LA a long time ago so I watched the Lakers a couple of times & became a fan. I watched the Dodgers live & became a baseball fan - sat through games that lasted hours.

It was Joe Montana time & I became a 49's fan.

Came back to the UK & hardly bothered anymore with American sports.

I actually skip the NFL thread on here but I will look at the local footy teams to see how they're getting on.

That local, loyalty empathy is always there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2020 at 12:08, Steejay said:

I'm sure it makes a massive difference when the sport is around you.

People on here have an unblinding loyalty to our beloved Whites - that's a trait that we all have in common.

I lived in LA a long time ago so I watched the Lakers a couple of times & became a fan. I watched the Dodgers live & became a baseball fan - sat through games that lasted hours.

It was Joe Montana time & I became a 49's fan.

Came back to the UK & hardly bothered anymore with American sports.

I actually skip the NFL thread on here but I will look at the local footy teams to see how they're getting on.

That local, loyalty empathy is always there.

So if the Bolton Elephants American Football team was created we'd all be yeharring and Yankee doodle dooing all down the East Lancs? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

So if the Bolton Elephants American Football team was created we'd all be yeharring and Yankee doodle dooing all down the East Lancs? 

Definitely.

With our cowboy boots on.

🐘🐘🐘

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.