Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Barrow Away.


Recommended Posts

I'm not watching this. 

Lose it and I'm fucking us off for a bit.

 

I can't be arsed sitting watching shite on Ifollow with shit commentary while the kids pester the fuck out of me for snacks and treats and wanting cartoons on the TV. 

It's not football that we love this. Its fucking wank. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deffo a turning point. Dug themselves out of a hole and the big money signings stepped up when needed. We simply couldn't lose that game.  We showed the fighting spirit the manager was on ab

That’s Med Junior

I agree. Mascol (for Gordon) Tutte (for Comley) 3rd one more difficult to identify If we are sticking with 3-5-2, back 3 and front 2 ok for me, so it would have to be a brave one and Darcy for Sarcevi

  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I can't be arsed sitting watching shite on Ifollow with shit commentary while the kids pester the fuck out of me for snacks and treats and wanting cartoons on the TV.

 

That was pretty much my experience today

Edited by ZicoKelly
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

That was pretty much my experience today

 

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It really is gash isnt it. A normal matchday feels like a long, long way away right now.

Glad it isn't just me. 

Not worth the hassle at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stevieb said:

 

Glad it isn't just me. 

Not worth the hassle at the moment. 

It's when you get used to it and accept that this is the norm that's the problem. If it gets to a point when it's just easier to do this than actually go to a game then it's dead.

I don't want to be enjoying this ifollow experience, I want it to make me miss going to the match more and more every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

It's when you get used to it and accept that this is the norm that's the problem. If it gets to a point when it's just easier to do this than actually go to a game then it's dead.

I don't want to be enjoying this ifollow experience, I want it to make me miss going to the match more and more every week.

 

https://twitter.com/Alex54CM/status/1317466457257762816?s=20

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It really is gash isnt it. A normal matchday feels like a long, long way away right now.

I’m really trying to not fall into this negative mindset (although as I sit here now, at home, pissed watching MOTD) it’s hard not too.

As sad as this may sound, the Saturday afternoon 3pm game for me and the 3 kids (15, 13, 11) is the highlight of our week. We work hard at work/school all week, exercise, do our sports to try and keep healthy during the week. Then buy in the treats (plenty of beer for me) to log in and watch the game.

When we won a fortnight ago we were loving it. it’s shit when we lose. When you’re not locked down and you’ve had the match day experience you quickly get over it, I’m finding defeats while wallowing and arguing on here are really pissing me off!

Im generally a really positive individual, but these defeats, Ifollow experiences and being locked down are really beginning to get me down! 

Which seems ridiculous considering the hardship that folks are really going through in life.

I suppose the one real positive thing through this experience is that the club means as much to me now as it did 35 years ago! 

I suppose I’ll really start worrying when I don’t give a shit.

I’m going to buy the Barrow game now and tell the kids about the exiting night in on Tuesday 🤣 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’m really trying to not fall into this negative mindset (although as I sit here now, at home, pissed watching MOTD) it’s hard not too.

As sad as this may sound, the Saturday afternoon 3pm game for me and the 3 kids (15, 13, 11) is the highlight of our week. We work hard at work/school all week, exercise, do our sports to try and keep healthy during the week. Then buy in the treats (plenty of beer for me) to log in and watch the game.

When we won a fortnight ago we were loving it. it’s shit when we lose. When you’re not locked down and you’ve had the match day experience you quickly get over it, I’m finding defeats while wallowing and arguing on here are really pissing me off!

Im generally a really positive individual, but these defeats, Ifollow experiences and being locked down are really beginning to get me down! 

Which seems ridiculous considering the hardship that folks are really going through in life.

I suppose the one real positive thing through this experience is that the club means as much to me now as it did 35 years ago! 

I suppose I’ll really start worrying when I don’t give a shit.

I’m going to buy the Barrow game now and tell the kids about the exiting night in on Tuesday 🤣 

Give or take the kids, I'm with you. 2020 has been a shitter which I've hated most of.

Its not been easy mentally. Basically with my job I have to see whats going on. Mainly depressing then get God knows how many phone calls/emails in how to deal with it. I get paid for it so can't complain, its the negative side of digesting it which gets me.

I go off on one when we lose. Keep saying I've had enough but know full well ill be back soon. Not watching the next 2 though, need a week off

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’m really trying to not fall into this negative mindset (although as I sit here now, at home, pissed watching MOTD) it’s hard not too.

As sad as this may sound, the Saturday afternoon 3pm game for me and the 3 kids (15, 13, 11) is the highlight of our week. We work hard at work/school all week, exercise, do our sports to try and keep healthy during the week. Then buy in the treats (plenty of beer for me) to log in and watch the game.

When we won a fortnight ago we were loving it. it’s shit when we lose. When you’re not locked down and you’ve had the match day experience you quickly get over it, I’m finding defeats while wallowing and arguing on here are really pissing me off!

Im generally a really positive individual, but these defeats, Ifollow experiences and being locked down are really beginning to get me down! 

Which seems ridiculous considering the hardship that folks are really going through in life.

I suppose the one real positive thing through this experience is that the club means as much to me now as it did 35 years ago! 

I suppose I’ll really start worrying when I don’t give a shit.

I’m going to buy the Barrow game now and tell the kids about the exiting night in on Tuesday 🤣 

As Martin Tyler keeps saying every match, we've got to be grateful theres football on at all right now and I suppose hes right, because really if you start properly analysing the amount of travelling and mixing these players in all sports are doing it doesnt really make much sense within what we're being told to do. Elite sporting bubbles my fucking arse.

So it's better than nothing obviously, and if theres ever a time I'd like to be banned from going games it's when we're truly shit like now but I do worry about how much damage this whole experience is doing to keeping people especially young kids invested in the idea that going to games with your mates, travelling and getting into adventures is infinitely better than watching it on telly WhatsApping about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, desperado said:

Really? No Doyle. Unless you are creating a load of chances that he’s failing to finish, you don’t drop a proven finisher at this level. It’s tantamount to the morons who were saying drop Anelka after 5/6 games 

I’ve got sympathy for Doyle because of the lack of service but I thought his all round game yesterday was crap. His control and touch were crap. Every time the ball is played to him it bounces off him. We need to change this formation because the three centre halves isn’t working. If we need to go one up top I would go with Delfouneso at the moment because he’s the only striker who looks like scoring a goal at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, desperado said:

I’m really trying to not fall into this negative mindset (although as I sit here now, at home, pissed watching MOTD) it’s hard not too.

As sad as this may sound, the Saturday afternoon 3pm game for me and the 3 kids (15, 13, 11) is the highlight of our week. We work hard at work/school all week, exercise, do our sports to try and keep healthy during the week. Then buy in the treats (plenty of beer for me) to log in and watch the game.

When we won a fortnight ago we were loving it. it’s shit when we lose. When you’re not locked down and you’ve had the match day experience you quickly get over it, I’m finding defeats while wallowing and arguing on here are really pissing me off!

Im generally a really positive individual, but these defeats, Ifollow experiences and being locked down are really beginning to get me down! 

Which seems ridiculous considering the hardship that folks are really going through in life.

I suppose the one real positive thing through this experience is that the club means as much to me now as it did 35 years ago! 

I suppose I’ll really start worrying when I don’t give a shit.

I’m going to buy the Barrow game now and tell the kids about the exiting night in on Tuesday 🤣 

I feel your pain and fair play for keeping the kids involved.

It has been a rough ride for so many years but hang in there mate👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Is it just me thinks Brocky ain't good enough/ready yet?

He's looked a bit out of his depth thus far imo.

Sarcy could do with losing a pound or 3, then he might be able to get around the pitch a bit better

Evans will shape a team out of this lot soon.

Brockbank should have got a block on the cross for their first goal 

His booking was just petulance after being sold a dummy by one of theirs

He was turned easily by a cart horse of a number 9 outside the box & the cart horse even got a shot on target.

His passing is very decent but never a centre back in the memory of man.

Taft is a bit of a lump but probably knows how to defend better.

Problem with the wing back system is it's not working .Gordon is either hiding or not good enough.The lad from Luton did ok & did manage to get behind their defence for our goal but it's too spasmodic .

Comley started ok but got worse & Tutte at least looks like a footballer.Sarcevic does looks like he is on full stretch ,gave the ball away a lot first half yesterday but improved second half he teed Doyle up who should have scored.

Somehow Evatt has to get our midfield working together .At the moment they give each other suicide passes or just get turned over all the time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Brockbank should have got a block on the cross for their first goal 

His booking was just petulance after being sold a dummy by one of theirs

He was turned easily by a cart horse of a number 9 outside the box & the cart horse even got a shot on target.

His passing is very decent but never a centre back in the memory of man.

Taft is a bit of a lump but probably knows how to defend better.

Problem with the wing back system is it's not working .Gordon is either hiding or not good enough.The lad from Luton did ok & did manage to get behind their defence for our goal but it's too spasmodic .

Comley started ok but got worse & Tutte at least looks like a footballer.Sarcevic does looks like he is on full stretch ,gave the ball away a lot first half yesterday but improved second half he teed Doyle up who should have scored.

Somehow Evatt has to get our midfield working together .At the moment they give each other suicide passes or just get turned over all the time.

 

Brockbank is shit but who else is there unless Taft is brought back

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.