Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United away.

Marc505

1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

I expect Tom White to push both Tutte and Comley out.....Does not matter how good Tutte plays

No like for like for Doyle.

Hopefully miller and Isgrove are ready to go tuesday

White is going to have to improve massively to come anywhere near what Tutte and Darcy offer.  Literally not seen a moment of quality from him in the games he played, but happy to be proved wrong longer term.  But if he gets an opportunity to prove himself before Darcy I'd want to know why.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

White is going to have to improve massively to come anywhere near what Tutte and Darcy offer.  Literally not seen a moment of quality from him in the games he played, but happy to be proved wrong longer term.  But if he gets an opportunity to prove himself before Darcy I'd want to know why.

You clearly watch a different game to me or classify a players talent differently. I thought  white was best we had on the games he played. Tidy young player with a good future ahead and I called it out as that at the time. Not sure what you are watching 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You clearly watch a different game to me or classify a players talent differently. I thought  white was best we had on the games he played. Tidy young player with a good future ahead and I called it out as that at the time. Not sure what you are watching 

By the time he got injured, I thought he was a tidy player  who needed to do more to get involved. Although with hindsight that might've been more a reflection of how poorly the team as a whole were performing at the time than him as an individual.

I do like him, though, and it's clear he's one of the best technical players in our squad. In those first couple of matches he was the only player who had any clue.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

59 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Why would you expect IE to bring Comley back in after the team and Tutte’s performance today? 

Just because he’s played him before doesn’t mean that he will going forwards, and we don’t know anything about the way IE works players our over a season so we be so pessimistic? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I've lowered my expectations, like I no longer expect to see a keeper on the bench or to see Darcy get a chance.  He picks his favourite players, I would have thought that's clear?  And I include Crawford and Fonz in that, who are also 2 of my favourite players because they have that bit of extra creativity, but either could have been left out today based on the last couple of games.  I think IE likes them, so they are in.  I expect Comley to be back before long, I could be wrong.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I've lowered my expectations, like I no longer expect to see a keeper on the bench or to see Darcy get a chance.  He picks his favourite players, I would have thought that's clear?  And I include Crawford and Fonz in that, who are also 2 of my favourite players because they have that bit of extra creativity, but either could have been left out today based on the last couple of games.  I think IE likes them, so they are in.  I expect Comley to be back before long, I could be wrong.

I think it's just that they're tw of our best players. Managers usually tend to give their best players a longer chance to get it right because they know it's more than likely they will.

40 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I don’t understand this theory that Crellin will be dropped. Not happening.

My theory in that I think he’s not good enough, just not seen anything to suggest he is at this level

I thought he was a major fault for the Barrow 2nd goal and should have done better with their 1st too

I reckon Evatt thought I will give him another chance. And that chance was today. He fucked it up

Would be very surprised if he starts Tuesday

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Walking out on to the touch line pre-Bradford game Iles shouts over to Evatt- “Ian .... Ian..... you’ve picked White not Darcy why, why on earth, it makes no sense?” “ Excuse me Mark why are you asking me that?”  “Well @Johnnyrotten on wanderersways wants to know why, how does he get an opportunity before White?” 

“Well it’s a bloody strange one Mark, I don’t think I’ve ever had to justify a selection to a random fan and explain why, but go on I’ll do it just this once.  Joe has come back from injury tremendously well, as you saw in the game against Shrewsbury he showed tremendous composure, played that box to box midfield role really well, he’s a tough competitor, retains the ball well which is just what we need today, I’m not sure Darcy provides us with that. 

Anyway surely you’re better trusting me on that one aren’t you Mark? Tell Johnny Rotten to tune into a few more games, watch how the teams developing and progressing and stop questioning things he doesn’t understand”

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But surely if IE wants success at Bolton - that is wants to keep his job - he will eventually drop players who aren't performing, especially if there is already a player in the team who is performing well.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

For someone who has not seen the last 2 games, you seem to be still very negative on IE, his management style, the players he’s picking and the formation he’s playing. 

I could miss the next 20 games and know Baptiste, Comley and Crellin arent very good.  For someone that's seen every game, you seem to be overly positive on everything IE does.  I've praised loads of things - Santos, Delaney, Crawford, Fonz, Kioso and Tuttle.  Some good signings in there as I've said.  Unlike others I havent slagged off the left back options.  A bit of balance.  Its not black and white, if we win 3-0 there are things we could improve, if we lose 3-0 we dont drop all 11 players.  You only seem to see the positives, are you just happy to go with any line up that wears a white shirt?  Like every manager in the last 40 years for Bolton or England, I agree with some things and disagree on others.

41 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Lads too young....if i was Barton i would take it out of Evatt hands he would be recalled monday

Think it would suit both clubs

I'm in the middle of reading Barton's autobiography.  OMG.  What. A. Thug.  Wouldnt touch him with a barge poll.  He could win 100 games running for Fleetwood and I would never say I'd want him anywhere near our club.

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I don’t understand this theory that Crellin will be dropped. Not happening.
Gilks might be registered as a player but in name only IMO. Fans really need to get his name out of their heads.

Alexander hasn’t been named on the bench (perhaps because Evatt doesn’t believe in having a sub keeper available), and Crellin is a sweeper keeper. Highly doubt we’ll replace one rookie keeper with an even less experienced one. 

We’re stuck with Crellin unless we bring someone new in. 

Correct.

49 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Matthews' brain seemed to react a second or two later than it should have for a keeper. He was forever only just missing getting a hand to a shot as it sailed by his despairing dive, the shithouse.

Apart from the dozens and dozens of shots he saved, and the crosses he caught like he was picking apples.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I could miss the next 20 games and know Baptiste, Comley and Crellin arent very good.  For someone that's seen every game, you seem to be overly positive on everything IE does.  I've praised loads of things - Santos, Delaney, Crawford, Fonz, Kioso and Tuttle.  Some good signings in there as I've said.  Unlike others I havent slagged off the left back options.  A bit of balance.  Its not black and white, if we win 3-0 there are things we could improve, if we lose 3-0 we dont drop all 11 players.  You only seem to see the positives, are you just happy to go with any line up that wears a white shirt?  Like every manager in the last 40 years for Bolton or England, I agree with some things and disagree on others.

I’ve been constructive and opinionated on lots of things - from player selection, to formations and tactics. But yes in the main I’m positive, probably because my outlook is one of patience, understanding this process is going to take time, therefore the manger should be allowed to experiment, pick the side he feels is right, because he is the one seeing them everyday.

I’m still unsure as to why you think IE should explain his team selection to you specifically on why he’s chosen one player above another?

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm in the middle of reading Barton's autobiography.  OMG.  What. A. Thug.  Wouldnt touch him with a barge poll.  He could win 100 games running for Fleetwood and I would never say I'd want him anywhere near our club.

Nor i.... i was saying if i was Barton i would recall Crellin

Dont want Barton anywhere near our place.

I am vocal against Evatt team selection because  like most here we can see where its going  wrong

But i would not have anyone here but evatt at the moment

36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I had heard good things about him prior to the 1st league game and watched him closely in the 2 or 3 home games he played.  I've nothing against him, I'm desperate for him to be a top player for us, I just cannot think of a pass or tackle or dribble or run that he produced that was better than safe and sideways.  Honestly if you can think of an incisive forward pass, potential assist, quality dead ball, show of pace, ability to use both feet, good shot or great tackle, I'm happy to be proved wrong.  Bring it on, I really want him to be good.  Just havent seen it. Yet.

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

White has already had talks about signing when his contract runs out at Blackburn. I expect him and Tutte to nail that position between them this season

Think he may be contracted until summer 22...may cost us a small fee plus add ons next summer

34 minutes ago, desperado said:

Walking out on to the touch line pre-Bradford game Iles shouts over to Evatt- “Ian .... Ian..... you’ve picked White not Darcy why, why on earth, it makes no sense?” “ Excuse me Mark why are you asking me that?”  “Well @Johnnyrotten on wanderersways wants to know why, how does he get an opportunity before White?” 

“Well it’s a bloody strange one Mark, I don’t think I’ve ever had to justify a selection to a random fan and explain why, but go on I’ll do it just this once.  Joe has come back from injury tremendously well, as you saw in the game against Shrewsbury he showed tremendous composure, played that box to box midfield role really well, he’s a tough competitor, retains the ball well which is just what we need today, I’m not sure Darcy provides us with that. 

Anyway surely you’re better trusting me on that one aren’t you Mark? Tell Johnny Rotten to tune into a few more games, watch how the teams developing and progressing and stop questioning things he doesn’t understand”

Maybe you could have an opinion of your own other than the manager/boss/prime minister is always right?  I prefer to have a discussion on here rather than just "well played" or "unlucky"  Fans In Disagreement With Manager Shocker.

And yes they played well today by all accounts, I'm happy, but maybe we can improve.  When they lose 7-1 at Accrington the manager didn't get every selection wrong and 1 or 2 players did their jobs.  A year ago when we won 2-0 at Bristol with Zouma and Earle at centre back, things could have been improved for the next game, the manager isnt always faultless. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Think he may be contracted until summer 22...may cost us a small fee plus add ons next summer

Out of contract next summer unless Blackburn recall him and play him (unlikely). It’s one of these ‘we’ve got an option’ deals

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Maybe you could have an opinion of your own other than the manager/boss/prime minister is always right?  I prefer to have a discussion on here rather than just "well played" or "unlucky"  Fans In Disagreement With Manager Shocker.

And yes they played well today by all accounts, I'm happy, but maybe we can improve.  When they lose 7-1 at Accrington the manager didn't get every selection wrong and 1 or 2 players did their jobs.  A year ago when we won 2-0 at Bristol with Zouma and Earle at centre back, things could have been improved for the next game, the manager isnt always faultless. 

you have a mind set very close to mine....it is good to see

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Out of contract next summer unless Blackburn recall him and play him (unlikely). It’s one of these ‘we’ve got an option’ deals

Can see him coming......I can see Evatts warped way of thinking in many ways concerning his loan players.

Crellin is a shit keeper tonight by all accounts.

Can you move 13 months forward Crellin could be about to sign for us on a free after returning to Fleetwood in the summer of 21 and being a unused sub.

Crellin 21 and Alexander 20.........our future for the next ten years as we rise up the leagues.

Same with kioto next summer does he go straight in Lutons team or does he run his contract down to join us in the summer of 2022