Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United away.

Marc505

59 minutes ago, desperado said:

Walking out on to the touch line pre-Bradford game Iles shouts over to Evatt- “Ian .... Ian..... you’ve picked White not Darcy why, why on earth, it makes no sense?” “ Excuse me Mark why are you asking me that?”  “Well @Johnnyrotten on wanderersways wants to know why, how does he get an opportunity before White?” 

“Well it’s a bloody strange one Mark, I don’t think I’ve ever had to justify a selection to a random fan and explain why, but go on I’ll do it just this once.  Joe has come back from injury tremendously well, as you saw in the game against Shrewsbury he showed tremendous composure, played that box to box midfield role really well, he’s a tough competitor, retains the ball well which is just what we need today, I’m not sure Darcy provides us with that. 

Anyway surely you’re better trusting me on that one aren’t you Mark? Tell Johnny Rotten to tune into a few more games, watch how the teams developing and progressing and stop questioning things he doesn’t understand”

Which Marc responds "Ian....Ian...Ian who the fuck is Joe?

• Site Supporter

Bold statement but Kioso is at least a L1 player so we need to go up if we want to keep him.

I said Crellin was hopeless earlier. Unkind. He’s not ready but I can see him having a decent career.

i said when we had Bogdan,we should farm him out to a L2 club to drop his bollocks for them rather than us. Fleetwood are doing that with Crellin. Let that bit sink in

32 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’ve been constructive and opinionated on lots of things - from player selection, to formations and tactics. But yes in the main I’m positive, probably because my outlook is one of patience, understanding this process is going to take time, therefore the manger should be allowed to experiment, pick the side he feels is right, because he is the one seeing them everyday.

I’m still unsure as to why you think IE should explain his team selection to you specifically on why he’s chosen one player above another?

I dont know where you're coming from.  Manager picks team. Fans comment. Some right, some wrong.  England had Kane taking corners and Big Sam had Campo at left back.  If you dont think we are allowed to comment, why do we bother.  We are all fans, lets just agree to disagree on how we go about it.  Re choosing one player above another, its because sometimes I think he's got it wrong, and from day one v FGR I havent seen anything to change my mind.  Baptiste, Amoateng, Greenidge, Comley, White and wingbacks that arent really upto being wingbacks,  could have been improved on.  I'm not sure which bit of it you dont agree with other than you dont like disagreeing with the manager.

6 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Well that didn't happen but ok

Yes it did.  But its about opinions on here, mine is that he was a good keeper.  If you asked me to produce a video of Matthews catching crosses it would be no problem, I am struggling to think of Crellin catching one, he seems to want to punch everything.  And if you honestly think Matthews didnt make saves...I give up.

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

My theory in that I think he’s not good enough, just not seen anything to suggest he is at this level

I thought he was a major fault for the Barrow 2nd goal and should have done better with their 1st too

I reckon Evatt thought I will give him another chance. And that chance was today. He fucked it up

Would be very surprised if he starts Tuesday

Far from impressed with Crellin, but we have no one to step in for him on Tuesday.

I’d be surprised if Gilks ever plays a game for us.

Alexander is just 18, I expect not as good with his feet, and I have no idea how good he is besides a decent, yet plucky debut (where he was beat three times).

Crellin starts Tuesday. I have no doubt about that. 

This league is poor and everyone can beat everyone else.

deserved to in today and a shit error and probably over playing (even though not offside) has cost us - but thought we looked good for long spells.

massively underwhelmed by Crawford up to now and Baptiste is utter shite.

put a few wins together and we will be top half rather than bottom half

3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Crellin is not the problem Baptiste is !

Crellin is decent for his age but should not be in our first team........Crellin does not pick the team

Crellin is decent for his age ??? Based on what. ,????

Because it can't be based on his performances for us. 

Have you been watching Fleetwood reserves ? 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, jmjhb said:

His confidence was on the wane to begin with. 

Be back in non-league by 22 and retired from football at 25

Not defending Crellin as such but do you remember how shit Jussi could be in his early days.... and he conceded a worse one than today's from Gerrard when he was well established. 

2 minutes ago, marple whites said:

This league is poor and everyone can beat everyone else.

deserved to in today and a shit error and probably over playing (even though not offside) has cost us - but thought we looked good for long spells.

massively underwhelmed by Crawford up to now and Baptiste is utter shite.

put a few wins together and we will be top half rather than bottom half

Crawford wants to go home. Said it the other day and it still stands. He doesn’t want to be here anymore.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I dont know where you're coming from.  Manager picks team. Fans comment. Some right, some wrong.  England had Kane taking corners and Big Sam had Campo at left back.  If you dont think we are allowed to comment, why do we bother.  We are all fans, lets just agree to disagree on how we go about it.  Re choosing one player above another, its because sometimes I think he's got it wrong, and from day one v FGR I havent seen anything to change my mind.  Baptiste, Amoateng, Greenidge, Comley, White and wingbacks that arent really upto being wingbacks,  could have been improved on.  I'm not sure which bit of it you dont agree with other than you dont like disagreeing with the manager.

Amoateng was our only option up front at that time....not improved much since

White is a good holding player...yes he wont thread a killer ball every 10minsbut neither will Tutte. They are both 2 steps above Comley and Tutte apparently cannot play two games a week.

In seasons gone by both Mascoll and Gordon would by now been despatched to the reserves to get game time in

Taft and Greenidge seem to be another luxury as does Hickman

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Been offline for a couple of hours and looks like I've missed a brewing storm over Evatts comments about Crellin. Certainly not heard the last about it and it goes beyond just a few words in the local paper on Monday.

Aye, the comments seem to have attracted criticism from beyomd our own supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if he's forced to apologise for making them.

7 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Crellin is decent for his age ??? Based on what. ,????

Because it can't be based on his performances for us. 

Have you been watching Fleetwood reserves ? 

Based on that at 20 years of age he has played at England u 17,England u18, England 19., and England u20 caps

which tells me he is in the top 3 keepers in the country for his age.

6 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Aye, the comments seem to have attracted criticism from beyomd our own supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if he's forced to apologise for making them.

With good reason. It's a loaded statement in this day and age and with Evatt being supposedly a progressive manager I'm really surprised he's said it.

The mask is slipping and there's a lot of Dougie Freedman underneath it seems

5 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

White is a good holding player...yes he wont thread a killer ball every 10minsbut neither will Tutte. They are both 2 steps above Comley and Tutte apparently cannot play two games a week.

In seasons gone by both Mascoll and Gordon would by now been despatched to the reserves to get game time in

Amoateng came on for Greenidge, played on the right wing, fish out of water. 

Not sure of the significance of the Mascoll and Gordon comments, if they arent ready for the first team I would have thought we should have signed a 1st team left back (Chicksen?).

Taft definitely wasnt signed as a luxury, I have no strong opinion on him either way, but if he's been signed its to be a first teamer, he isnt old and he isnt young, how does he not get in this 5 man defence unless opinion of him has changed?

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

There's two parts to it really from what I can see. The public slating is one thing, we are used to it, I'm sure the players are and it wouldn't be mentioned outside of a bwfc hashtag, but the "man up" comment is what has caught fire specifically, I notice Marvin Sordell has got involved on twitter, too.

I think it's another example of Evatt possibly being one of the worst managers I've known for heat of the moment comments, I bet he wont speak like this post match in 2 or 3 years time when hes more experienced.

Whatever your views on whether the "PC brigade" takes things too far or not, in the current climate hes definitely (possibly unwittingly) used one of the "do not say" buzzwords here.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Crawford wants to go home. Said it the other day and it still stands. He doesn’t want to be here anymore.

He’s a young lad still (not football terms but life terms) if his heart ain’t in it, try and get a few quid, shake his hand and off he goes. Only what Doyle and Sarce have done but we could get a fee.

im a firm believer that if players are settled, kids at school, wives enjoy the area etc, you get the best of them. If any of it falls over, get rid. No malice, go and be happy 

7 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Based on that at 20 years of age he has played at England u 17,England u18, England 19., and England u20 caps

which tells me he is in the top 3 keepers in the country for his age.

George Taft played for England U17s and England U18s .

Now he's 27 years old on the bench for a league two team. 

14 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

From what I’ve seen of him I don’t think whites a holding player myself.