Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Cambridge United away.


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Aye, the comments seem to have attracted criticism from beyomd our own supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if he's forced to apologise for making them.

There's two parts to it really from what I can see. The public slating is one thing, we are used to it, I'm sure the players are and it wouldn't be mentioned outside of a bwfc hashtag, but the "man up" comment is what has caught fire specifically, I notice Marvin Sordell has got involved on twitter, too.

I think it's another example of Evatt possibly being one of the worst managers I've known for heat of the moment comments, I bet he wont speak like this post match in 2 or 3 years time when hes more experienced.

Whatever your views on whether the "PC brigade" takes things too far or not, in the current climate hes definitely (possibly unwittingly) used one of the "do not say" buzzwords here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like that comeback against Barrow has really galvanised the team. Only two negatives from today, Baptiste and Crellin. Don't need to dwell on those as they're plain as day. There are m

I thought Crawford and Delaney were fine tbh. Game of opinions though. 

Delaney - you must be taking the piss because he was very good

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Crawford wants to go home. Said it the other day and it still stands. He doesn’t want to be here anymore.

He’s a young lad still (not football terms but life terms) if his heart ain’t in it, try and get a few quid, shake his hand and off he goes. Only what Doyle and Sarce have done but we could get a fee.

im a firm believer that if players are settled, kids at school, wives enjoy the area etc, you get the best of them. If any of it falls over, get rid. No malice, go and be happy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Based on that at 20 years of age he has played at England u 17,England u18, England 19., and England u20 caps

which tells me he is in the top 3 keepers in the country for his age.

 

 

 

 

 

 

George Taft played for England U17s and England U18s .

Now he's 27 years old on the bench for a league two team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Amoateng was our only option up front at that time....not improved much since

White is a good holding player...yes he wont thread a killer ball every 10minsbut neither will Tutte. They are both 2 steps above Comley and Tutte apparently cannot play two games a week.

In seasons gone by both Mascoll and Gordon would by now been despatched to the reserves to get game time in

Taft and Greenidge seem to be another luxury as does Hickman

 

 

From what I’ve seen of him I don’t think whites a holding player myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

He’s a young lad still (not football terms but life terms) if his heart ain’t in it, try and get a few quid, shake his hand and off he goes. Only what Doyle and Sarce have done but we could get a fee.

im a firm believer that if players are settled, kids at school, wives enjoy the area etc, you get the best of them. If any of it falls over, get rid. No malice, go and be happy 

Spot on. We would get a fee for him of that I’ve no doubt. You would hope the club wouldn’t stand in his way either. He owes us nothing and if it frees up space for someone like Darcy or someone more experienced in January I’m all for it. 
 

and for balance I’m a massive Crawford fan on what I saw of him before this season. He should be the best midfielder in this league by a long way. 
You can see it in him clear as day now though that something is amiss 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Amoateng came on for Greenidge, played on the right wing, fish out of water. 

Not sure of the significance of the Mascoll and Gordon comments, if they arent ready for the first team I would have thought we should have signed a 1st team left back (Chicksen?).

Taft definitely wasnt signed as a luxury, I have no strong opinion on him either way, but if he's been signed its to be a first teamer, he isnt old and he isnt young, how does he not get in this 5 man defence unless opinion of him has changed?

I think Evatt rates him self very,very highly......the first game against FGR all 11 players were his signings.

Players who were already here Darcy,Delaney.Brockbank , Crawford were inferior in his opinion

If we had won our first 4/5 games we would have gone along with that,but it was soon clear we have signed some garbidge

Evatt said some are gambles but as much as his selections are piss poor......He is the best manager we have had since Big Sam

 

It will take time and some like Crellin,Baptiste,And Comley have not fitted in

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

There's two parts to it really from what I can see. The public slating is one thing, we are used to it, I'm sure the players are and it wouldn't be mentioned outside of a bwfc hashtag, but the "man up" comment is what has caught fire specifically, I notice Marvin Sordell has got involved on twitter, too.

I think it's another example of Evatt possibly being one of the worst managers I've known for heat of the moment comments, I bet he wont speak like this post match in 2 or 3 years time when hes more experienced.

Whatever your views on whether the "PC brigade" takes things too far or not, in the current climate hes definitely (possibly unwittingly) used one of the "do not say" buzzwords here.

The "man up" comment is definitely what's gained traction. I posted earlier in this thread that I don't think it helps that he's under so much pressure so early in his tenure. FV seem to be quite socially conscious, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

George Taft played for England U17s and England U18s .

Now he's 27 years old on the bench for a league two team. 

i would rather  go with Casper Schmiechal who was playing for Bucket shakers at 20 and listning to there fans who said it was only the name getting him a game.

Crellin is not good enough for Bolton at 20, but dont crucify the lad

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

I think Evatt rates him self very,very highly......the first game against FGR all 11 players were his signings.

Players who were already here Darcy,Delaney.Brockbank , Crawford were inferior in his opinion

If we had won our first 4/5 games we would have gone along with that,but it was soon clear we have signed some garbidge

Evatt said some are gambles but as much as his selections are piss poor......He is the best manager we have had since Big Sam

 

It will take time and some like Crellin,Baptiste,And Comley have not fitted in

Personally, I think TP has signed a few and IE has signed a few but let’s feed their stats into the computer (Tutte training for a week, released then came back).

I reckon IE is revolting against TP by playing Brocky at LB, Tutte instead on Comley. If my thoughts are right, IE wants rid of TP and bring his own men in

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Personally, I think TP has signed a few and IE has signed a few but let’s feed their stats into the computer (Tutte training for a week, released then came back).

I reckon IE is revolting against TP by playing Brocky at LB, Tutte instead on Comley. If my thoughts are right, IE wants rid of TP and bring his own men in

If IE had been here for a few years I might give that idea some credence but he would be a fucking idiot to be playing those games in the 1st few weeks of his career here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Personally, I think TP has signed a few and IE has signed a few but let’s feed their stats into the computer (Tutte training for a week, released then came back).

I reckon IE is revolting against TP by playing Brocky at LB, Tutte instead on Comley. If my thoughts are right, IE wants rid of TP and bring his own men in

Said that all along......only room for one top dog,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

serious question would todays goal get in the top 20 in the last 30 years ie filmed

Worthys will never be beat....Elmander and Curcic Anelka against Arsenal....JJ Villa/ West Ham

Todays was a good team goal up there with the best

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Personally, I think TP has signed a few and IE has signed a few but let’s feed their stats into the computer (Tutte training for a week, released then came back).

I reckon IE is revolting against TP by playing Brocky at LB, Tutte instead on Comley. If my thoughts are right, IE wants rid of TP and bring his own men in

What a load of bollocks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If IE had been here for a few years I might give that idea some credence but he would be a fucking idiot to be playing those games in the 1st few weeks of his career here. 

I think (don’t know) they had to get people in quickly and lots of them. While in general they had the same idea, it was too much for 1 man in the time he had so a few had to be lined up.

i expect TP to be gone well before IE

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

i would rather  go with Casper Schmiechal who was playing for Bucket shakers at 20 and listning to there fans who said it was only the name getting him a game.

Crellin is not good enough for Bolton at 20, but dont crucify the lad

Just making the point that being an England youth international doesn't necessarily correlate to making it etc.

I hope he is a success for us.  Some people will say he's not ready . Some people will say hes not good enough. At the moment id say the latter but I hope I'm proved wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Just making the point that being an England youth international doesn't necessarily correlate to making it etc.

I hope he is a success for us.  Some people will say he's not ready . Some people will say hes not good enough. At the moment id say the latter but I hope I'm proved wrong. 

hes certainly not ready for us......what if Evatt said in his shell your my number 1...i have total confidence in you

 

The shirts yours until your contract runs out, but i then want you signed on a three year contract at Bolton.

 

I will bollock you and call you out but you will be my number one keeper for the next 3 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Evatt said some are gambles but as much as his selections are piss poor......He is the best manager we have had since Big Sam

 

That'd be a bonkers statement to make if he'd won all 11 games so far, never mind one.

Whatever people think of them, the high points of Parky's, Megson's, Coyle's and even Freedman's tenures all just about edge beating Harrogate away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Aye, the comments seem to have attracted criticism from beyomd our own supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if he's forced to apologise for making them.

 

I'm surprised at the traction it's got. Surely in context he was talking about how Crellin can't hide behind his age - he's our senior keeper and needs to act like it? Clumsy wording I guess.

Time will tell what reaction it gets out of Crellin, but from his performances so far he'd be lucky ever to start a game for us again. So from that perspective, he's gotten off lightly with just being dug out by the manager and keeping his place.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

 

I'm surprised at the traction it's got. Surely in context he was talking about how Crellin can't hide behind his age - he's our senior keeper and needs to act like it? Clumsy wording I guess.

Time will tell what reaction it gets out of Crellin, but from his performances so far he'd be lucky ever to start a game for us again. So from that perspective, he's gotten off lightly with just being dug out by the manager and keeping his place.

 

I think it's the phrase "man up" people object to. I'm not saying I'm particularly bothered myslf, but Ican see why people might take issue with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.