Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Goalkeeper Situation

desperado

• Site Supporter

Time for biscuits wrists to step aside. Not one to be critical of a single player, but, a keeper as a job. He clearly isn't it up to it yet. Not his fault, the people who selected him for the job have made an error, it happens, in any business.

Parkinson sighted some EFL ruling about protecting development players welfare, when he refused to play Doncaster after we kept getting dicked 0-5.
Surely whatever agreement we have with Fleetwood must have some sort of clause for the same?
I actually fear for the lads mental health and future career. One error and you learn, multiple mistakes when the spotlight is already on you.........

It's actually painful and embarrassing to watch

Edited by Ratwhite

41 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Fred Barber would give Crellin a hard time in training and toughen him up. 

He's done a great job with Jussi's son. He's just a top coach unlike Gilks.

It was probably Gilks that recommended Crellin to Evatt after Gilk's time at Fleetwood and Evatt bought it and now its gone tits up! Be interesting to see what Evatt does next.

17 minutes ago, Blondi said:

It was probably Gilks that recommended Crellin to Evatt after Gilk's time at Fleetwood and Evatt bought it and now its gone tits up! Be interesting to see what Evatt does next.

Based on the evidence to date, it will be nothing.  We're the mugs getting our hopes up every game.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Just put the feelers out for an out of contact keeper. 

So, out of form, lacking I'm confidence Crellin, now knows we are looking for his replacement, who will probably need a month to get fit.

This is going to be fun....

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

So, out of form, lacking I'm confidence Crellin, now knows we are looking for his replacement, who will probably need a month to get fit.

I don't think "putting the feelers out" means announcing something in all the papers.  I'm sure a football club like Bolton and their staff will know how and where to look. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Stick him on the bleep test 🙄

The problem is that Evatt has backed himself into a corner over Crellin because he can’t replace him with Alexander the way he’s ignored him so far and he can’t realistically trust Gilks to be properly ready. It wouldn’t surprise me for him to retain Crellin on Friday but with his own credibility now firmly on the line, any more mistakes could be fatal for both.