Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

41 minutes ago, Ani said:

Any forwards fit ? 

from the BN 2 days ago...

Shaun Miller is thought to be at least a week away from returning to the first team fold, while winger Lloyd Isgrove could be fit by next weekend’s FA Cup tie against Crewe.

Wanderers are already missing Eoin Doyle for another few weeks and have also had Muhammadu Faal sidelined since pre-season with a fractured foot.

Youngster Bright Amoateng is the only other recognised front man (aside from Gnahoua) in the squad with a semblance of first team experience, having made a late cameo from the bench against Forest Green.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

1-1, we dominate the first half but miss two sitters and go 1-0 down.

Darcy scores the equaliser in the 87th minute after a lacklustre second half.

Lacklustre, a great word that is only ever used to describe a game of football.  It also sums up us at home this season.

If we get an equaliser it will be our first goal in the 2nd half at home since Tranmere on 1st Feb!

So I'd take that as a positive even if we only drew, just to see us rescue a game at home would be something to hang onto.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Lacklustre, a great word that is only ever used to describe a game of football.  It also sums up us at home this season.

If we get an equaliser it will be our first goal in the 2nd half at home since Tranmere on 1st Feb!

So I'd take that as a positive even if we only drew, just to see us rescue a game at home would be something to hang onto.

That is true, I've never heard it in another context other than in sports.

2nd half has been noticeably worse in almost all the games I've watched so I guess that would be a positive  but I'll be disappointed with anything less than playoffs this season so at this stage, true positives for me will only be when we get 3 points in back-to-back games. Already had my hopes up after Barrow and Cambridge and then Saturday was a kick in the teeth.

I'll be more reserved in my expectations for now. This is a long term plan

If its 3 at the back with you know who between the sticks being protected by a defender on his second tour of duty don't even bother to predict... they'll run at us, pressure us and do us for every 50-50 and we'll collapse.

If we play 4 or 5 protecting a keeper who is still bedding in and one up front with a certain ex-youth player with lots of movement providing him a service then we should nick it... 1-0.

• The topic was pinned
  • Site Supporter

Best chance we have of a small match thread is a win, people have far less to say if we are playing well or after a victory.

What will really pad it out is if Baptiste and Crellin start this evening.

Crellin and Baptiste to start, no sub keeper, 3 pages of outrage before kick off. 1 nil down by half time, after another Crellin howler - match thread filling up nicely. 

Pull one back unexpectedly in 2nd half and hold on to a 1-1. Comments slow down as folk are unsure as to whether that’s a positive or not. Most accept it isn’t, then follows a small smattering of negative post match analysis, IE to go by Christmas, Crellin back to Fleetwood, coupled with the odd positive outlook of Doyle would have finished a couple of those chances off,  get some other squad members back and we’ll be looking better.

1-1, 14 pages by the end of the evening.