Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

Just now, jules_darby said:

The big question though, is does he still and watch online wearing the same piss stained Y fronts as he did when he was just an old cunt, not a really old cunt? :D

Did the two of you ever have that race, or did you bottle it in the end?

Just now, Ani said:

Did I mention we do not have a midfield ? 

Stephen Hawkins could walk through them 

Biggest thing I noticed. Its like Owen Coyle all over again. Massive gaping holes through the midfield.

Add that to every player being shit scared of giving the ball away in case someone shoots at our spastic goalkeeper, its not a concoction for free flowing football.

The keeper situation is dire, its causing most of our problems. Its like trying to enjoy a night out knowing your front doors unlocked.

It needs sorting before anything else.

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

The big question though, is does he still and watch online wearing the same piss stained Y fronts as he did when he was just an old cunt, not a really old cunt? :D

And even faster as I get older; no fucker at the boot camp can get near me and most in their 30's. Y fronts changed 😁

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Biggest thing I noticed. Its like Owen Coyle all over again. Massive gaping holes through the midfield.

Add that to every player being shit scared of giving the ball away in case someone shoots at our spastic goalkeeper, its not a concoction for free flowing football.

The keeper situation is dire, its causing most of our problems. Its like trying to enjoy a night out knowing your front doors unlocked.

We had Darcy Saucey and Crawford all of whom can play but as a 3 simply not mobile or defensive enough. It is the same every week at this level players are not shit if you give them time and space. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Gaping holes more down to formation and fitness for me, we were second to a lot of balls, especially second half and looked like we put in half arsed challenges and were outfought on several occasions.

Not sure if there is some subconscious element where the players don't want to play riskier passes because of Crellin but an interesting theory. 

Tom White is just so negative on the ball. Crawford didn't do much except the assist, which fair play was very nice. Sarcevic only one who looked like he had any drive tonight. 

Delf was missing, Darcy had energy but didn't offer much in substance.

There was no one individual Evatt could blame tonight, it was poor all over and I hope he has a good think about how he's going to change this because doing this same style and formation for the next 10 games is going to be painful and fruitless I fear.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

This is the worst time in our history; and some people want to give Evatt more time

The worst time in our recent history is when we were getting pumped ~5-0 every week and were about to go pop. It wasn't long ago. Get some persepective.

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

In your case, your back door unlocked. 😂

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

We had Darcy Saucey and Crawford all of whom can play but as a 3 simply not mobile or defensive enough. It is the same every week at this level players are not shit if you give them time and space. 

And we’re giving them to much time and space free header for the goal . What happened to the 6 second closing people down rule ? . And do we still bother with this running off at half time bollocks to intimidate the opposition that were fitter than them 😂