Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Old racist cunt I think was the allegation. Just for completeness

although the kangaroo court judges haven’t jumped on him so I think he’s been acquitted of all charges. 

Incorrect, the official verdict found him guilty of being old.

Racist was left on file.

Found Not Guilty on cunt due to the fact that everyone needs a good rant about this shower of shit at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Incorrect, the official verdict found him guilty of being old.

Racist was left on file.

Found Not Guilty on cunt due to the fact that everyone needs a good rant about this shower of shit at the moment.

Points noted m’lord

let’s hope he doesn’t get cheese as a judge in future on such matters 

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Nobody is saying they will switch to another team or stop supporting Bolton. We are the lowest league position at this stage of a season ever and got a useless team; its worse than last season

They're League 2 players, playing in League 2. Would you rather go back to getting battered by 5 goals every week whilst reading about Court proceedings and cheering on Solicitors?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Its certainly been open, to open for my liking. I think some of the players are out of their depth, every faith he will find the ones that are up for it. Only a dozen games in, its frustrating as fuck, but I'm still willing to give Evatt time, a lot more time.

You need to get this sensible grey on the politics stuff  :)

Just now, Cheese said:

They're League 2 players, playing in League 2. Would you rather go back to getting battered by 5 goals every week whilst reading about Court proceedings and cheering on Solicitors?

They are not the only options are they ? I want to see a team on the pitch. 

I also want to see that team organised and competing for promotion. I expect to see the team developing and improving. I have no football qualifications but pre match explained why playing the way we do makes us easy to play against. The manager seems to plough on regardless. 

Going into a season with only a young inexperienced goal keeper is shambolic. Highlighted by the fact that the keeper is totally lacking form and / or confidence. 

I support the club and will continue to do so but fuck me if anyone thinks the shambles of the last 2 games is acceptable or beyond criticism. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Biggest thing I noticed. Its like Owen Coyle all over again. Massive gaping holes through the midfield.

Add that to every player being shit scared of giving the ball away in case someone shoots at our spastic goalkeeper, its not a concoction for free flowing football.

The keeper situation is dire, its causing most of our problems. Its like trying to enjoy a night out knowing your front doors unlocked.

It needs sorting before anything else.

completely agree

Theres some real issues, not least the lack of a left sided threat, and no strikers for now, but the keeper thing has to be dealt wih

I think it was predicted by a non knee jerker that he would play today and be rescued from this mess before saturday

I hope that's true 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Its certainly been open, to open for my liking. I think some of the players are out of their depth, every faith he will find the ones that are up for it. Only a dozen games in, its frustrating as fuck, but I'm still willing to give Evatt time, a lot more time.

Bang on, for me. Some of our players just aren't good enough, and I'm not convinced he signed them. I get the impression he knows which ones and is doing his best to get them out of his team, but his hands are tied at the moment.

He had to rely on an unfit Delfounseo as his only proper centre forward tonight, then Brockbank went off injured and he could only replace him with a player who looks nowhere near being up to it. Its showing.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Interesting comments from Evatt eluding to the fact he believes Mansfield are double on wages what we are pits a little bit of a reality check on things that if it’s true. 

Not really

We've got some decent signings at this level, based on last season

And Mansfield haven't won a game yet

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Not really

We've got some decent signings at this level, based on last season

And Mansfield haven't won a game yet

Have we though? Sarcevic is looking better by the game. Doyle has flattered to deceive so far and not for the first time in his career. Santos and for me white but apart from that we aren’t awash with good players 

money talks Zico as you know. 

Maths isn't my strong suit so correct me if I'm wrong but:

10 pts from 11 games = 0.909 PPG

46 x 0.909 = 41.8 so 42 points this season will be our total if we carry on at the same rate.

Last year the two teams that went down had 22 and 23 points. But I think there were points deductions there.

In 2018/19 the two teams that got relegated had 40 and 41 points. Year before that it was 38 and 46.

So we're on a bit of a fine line here. Not saying we're set for relegation as I think we will improve at some point, with or without Evatt, but total opposite form to the expectations at the start of the season. 

Do we think Evatt will get sacked if the same form continues for the next 11 games?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Have we though? Sarcevic is looking better by the game. Doyle has flattered to deceive so far and not for the first time in his career. Santos and for me white but apart from that we aren’t awash with good players 

money talks Zico as you know. 

Aye, but we've won 2 more games than Mansfield, so for all they are being paid, they aren't performing either

So wages doesn't come into it right now

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Ani said:

They are not the only options are they ? I want to see a team on the pitch. 

I also want to see that team organised and competing for promotion. I expect to see the team developing and improving. I have no football qualifications but pre match explained why playing the way we do makes us easy to play against. The manager seems to plough on regardless. 

Going into a season with only a young inexperienced goal keeper is shambolic. Highlighted by the fact that the keeper is totally lacking form and / or confidence. 

I support the club and will continue to do so but fuck me if anyone thinks the shambles of the last 2 games is acceptable or beyond criticism. 

They're not beyond criticism in the slightest. I know fuck all about football, as I said - supporting Bolton Wanderers isn't a choice. Our current predicament is a reality check that some can't handle. If we want to live within our means, this is it for the moment.

3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Least the new iFollow thing worked which was one positive. Maybe.

but why was the picture quality on our game shit compared to others? or is it just me? i flicked over to do a quick comparison and wigan , sunderland and even pissin barrow much better picture ours was crap.

39 minutes ago, snowball said:

but why was the picture quality on our game shit compared to others? or is it just me? i flicked over to do a quick comparison and wigan , sunderland and even pissin barrow much better picture ours was crap.

Same for me, plus in the first half there was a mouse cursor flying all over the screen, WTF?

• Site Supporter

Everything stems from the keeper and Crellin is too inexperienced for the job.

If we keep clean sheets, we are at least picking up a point or winning a few more which breeds confidence and better performances. The defence looks jittery because they are. There is no confidence in Crellin at all.

Evatt should have known better than to have a 20 year old with no experience as his no 1. Maybe he was desperate to get his outfield players in.

Im hoping we’ve got enough at the heart of the defence to replace Baptiste. Get to January, get a new keeper and L.B, we’ll be much better