Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

That's what Darcy did last season, we are completely reliable on Crawford because IE isnt picking anyone else that can deliver a decent pass never mind a set piece.  Some of Crawford's deliveries are quality (plenty are overhit as well), he's put some right in the spot they should be, 2 good assists at Harrogate and Barrow that I cant imagine anyone else doing.

But our centre backs look completely impotent in front of goal, I cant remember winning so few headers in previous seasons from our corners and its not all down to delivery.

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

looked at Mansfield on my coupon today, 8/1 the lad lapsley scored who was excellent on Tuesday. Perhaps the draw wasn’t a bad result as it seems Tuesday. 

Yes there are worse teams than Mansfield, gone from "no wins" to 1 defeat in 6, and not in last 4 aways.  I bet Sunderland fans aren't happy with Parky going out of the cup to a team that hadn't won in 14 league and cup games, at least it wasn't us that gave them their 1st win.  They'll probably have a good season now with Clough.

15 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes there are worse teams than Mansfield, gone from "no wins" to 1 defeat in 6, and not in last 4 aways.  I bet Sunderland fans aren't happy with Parky going out of the cup to a team that hadn't won in 14 league and cup games, at least it wasn't us that gave them their 1st win.  They'll probably have a good season now with Clough.

Clough? I remember him. A few of us voted for him for our next manager and were ridiculed for it by usual suspects on here. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, snowball said:

Clough? I remember him. A few of us voted for him for our next manager and were ridiculed for it by usual suspects on here. 

Clough was who I wanted and not for the first time either. Mansfield have got the right man for the job imo

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I'm surprised Clough has dropped down to League 2 if I'm honest.

There were similar comments about names mentioned for our manager.

Wellens gone down a league from Swindon to a smaller club in Salford.

I suppose if the money is there, they'll come.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There were similar comments about names mentioned for our manager.

Wellens gone down a league from Swindon to a smaller club in Salford.

I suppose if the money is there, they'll come.

Wellens is from Moston. I think locality is a big factor at this level.

• The topic was unpinned