Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's French and moved to England when he was six you massive bell

What a moron

Evatt needs to sort out his 'jobs for the boys'. The 2 he brought in are unarguably the 2 that have so far been his biggest let downs. The less said about Baptiste the better, then Gilks brings in &am

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

A positive to take from last night is now hopefully folk will now shut the fuck up about proclaiming Darcy to be a world beater.

Nobody thinks he's a world beater, but maybe good enough to play in a bottom half League 2 team?

In contrast to some of the players picked in this team that dont look upto EFL standard, to me.

So I think IE has made our team weaker this season by largely ignoring him.  You obviously don't but its all about opinions. 

From where I'm looking the halves where he has played (2 and a bit?) have been improvements on the halves he hasn't played, generally, and he also proved last season he has more to his game than most midfielders in this squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Shame that we're still missing Politic, think he would have been a real asset this season.

Agreed.  When he got injured I remember thinking we could cope without him, as the swashbuckling midfield, wingbacks and strikers would have enough to brush the opposition aside!  I think that was when we believed in IEs bigging up of the likes of Comley and White.

To be fair to Sarcevic, he has stepped up.  4 goals this season, all in the 2nd half, all equalisers.  I bet no-one could name  a recent midfielder with the character and ability to score four late-ish decisive goals in a season never mind a month or 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

we missed Brockbank when he went off.

Darcy and Crawford, could be good together if left to progress.

Mascoll is better the Gordon.

Get the forwards fit and we'll improve

Baptiste had best 30mins ive seen him have

Everyone is better than Gordon

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Darcy was one of our better players last night IMO.

Same, kept the ball well and made good runs which were not picked up, drifted out if the game second half when we were out battled. Seems we have an abundance of number 10s at the moment. Although 99% of the time Crawford's decision making is abysmal, I suppose that is why he has spent his career in the bottom tiers. I would like to see Saracevic in a more attacking role, maybe number 10, but that leaves us short f creativity in centre mid. We need a plan B, pass, pass, pass but what is wrong with taking a man on, it doesn't happen.

For what it is worth I think IE will be with us for a while, but the balance of the squad is all wrong and we need to cut out all these stupid basic errors from both young and experienced alike. Plus some of the team just don't look fit, I thought Mansfield looked fitter and stronger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

He's 20, still young enough but I think the ship has sailed already in terms of him making it to the top

Not really arsed IF Darcy makes it to the top, more interested if he can cut if for BWFC now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nantwichwhite said:

Same, kept the ball well and made good runs which were not picked up, drifted out if the game second half when we were out battled. Seems we have an abundance of number 10s at the moment. Although 99% of the time Crawford's decision making is abysmal, I suppose that is why he has spent his career in the bottom tiers. I would like to see Saracevic in a more attacking role, maybe number 10, but that leaves us short f creativity in centre mid. We need a plan B, pass, pass, pass but what is wrong with taking a man on, it doesn't happen.

For what it is worth I think IE will be with us for a while, but the balance of the squad is all wrong and we need to cut out all these stupid basic errors from both young and experienced alike. Plus some of the team just don't look fit, I thought Mansfield looked fitter and stronger.

 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think Darcy still needs to fill out. Some good movement etc last night, but dawdled occasionally and was dispossessed. 

Definitely needs more movement around him to link with. Nothing like that last night from Fonz, who didn't seem fit.

I reckon Evatt must be equally as puzzled about the contributions of Crawford and Darcy.

I don’t think both can play in the same side, they’re too similar. Darcy never hides, he’s always wanting the ball, gives 100% but as TMGJ says he’s easily dispossessed. 

Whereas Crawford hides occasionally, gives the ball away too many times, but when he does click he produces moments of real quality and looks a really good player, just doesn’t happen enough.

I’d play Darcy without Crawford Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evatt needs to sort out his 'jobs for the boys'. The 2 he brought in are unarguably the 2 that have so far been his biggest let downs. The less said about Baptiste the better, then Gilks brings in & coaches the lad with him from Fleetwood.

Crellin & Baptiste need dropping & Gilks needs a bloody good roasting. We're in a position were it's hard to drop Crellin as Gilks isn't really ready to replace him & Alexander could be just as young, inexperienced & bad as Crellin. However, if a young lad is going to gain experience & make mistakes, I'd rather it be our young lad that is developed rather than Fleetwood's. Either way, it was a stupid position to put ourselves in, especially when we have about 8 centre backs, crazy!

Alexander will probably get his chance in the cup with a changed & injury hit team, against a higher league side. If he does & we get beat convincingly it's an easy out to bring Crellin back in when the cards were stacked against Alexander. 

FWIW, I still back Evatt, I can see what he's trying to do & like he's already said, there are too many players consistently being inconsistent. I for one think that may be down to a lack of confidence in the keeper & Baptiste's persistent cock ups whilst both seem undropable, he needs to address that or it won't get better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, desperado said:

 

I reckon Evatt must be equally as puzzled about the contributions of Crawford and Darcy.

I don’t think both can play in the same side, they’re too similar. Darcy never hides, he’s always wanting the ball, gives 100% but as TMGJ says he’s easily dispossessed. 

Whereas Crawford hides occasionally, gives the ball away too many times, but when he does click he produces moments of real quality and looks a really good player, just doesn’t happen enough.

I’d play Darcy without Crawford Saturday.

Not disagreeing - a good summary of both players at the moment - but "without Crawford" means "with..." and that's the tough bit.  We can all drop under performing players, its the next bit that's the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not disagreeing - a good summary of both players at the moment - but "without Crawford" means "with..." and that's the tough bit.  We can all drop under performing players, its the next bit that's the problem.

If it was a league game I’d go for a midfield 3 of Tutte/Sarcevic//Darcy. As it’s a league game there’s more room for experimentation, so I’m not overly fussed who we see there as long as there’s some plan/passion/goals and/or clean sheet.... I know it’s a big ask 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
22 hours ago, desperado said:

 

I reckon Evatt must be equally as puzzled about the contributions of Crawford and Darcy.

I don’t think both can play in the same side, they’re too similar. Darcy never hides, he’s always wanting the ball, gives 100% but as TMGJ says he’s easily dispossessed. 

Whereas Crawford hides occasionally, gives the ball away too many times, but when he does click he produces moments of real quality and looks a really good player, just doesn’t happen enough.

I’d play Darcy without Crawford Saturday.

Sadly, perhaps with the exception of sarcevic, too many were easily dispossessed, or just gave possession up themselves. Hope they've been working on a formation with a fit striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Could do with giving Taft a run out can't be worse than Baptiste ?

Can't remember if he is left footed though.

Ps welcome back !

Taft has been terrible whenever he's played so far. Would be keen to keep him as far away from the side as possible. Even over Baptiste.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what Darcy did last season, we are completely reliable on Crawford because IE isnt picking anyone else that can deliver a decent pass never mind a set piece.  Some of Crawford's deliveries are quality (plenty are overhit as well), he's put some right in the spot they should be, 2 good assists at Harrogate and Barrow that I cant imagine anyone else doing.

But our centre backs look completely impotent in front of goal, I cant remember winning so few headers in previous seasons from our corners and its not all down to delivery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.