Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ratwhite

I didn't watch it yesterday, partly because I knew we'd lose but also it boils my piss when I see the tippy tappy football that we try to play out from the back. This and the lack of effort from some of them winds me up to the point I'm shouting at a TV screen ffs.

Crellin needs taking out of the firing line for his own good and for the teams sake.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I didn't watch it yesterday, partly because I knew we'd lose but also it boils my piss when I see the tippy tappy football that we try to play out from the back. This and the lack of effort from some of them winds me up to the point I'm shouting at a TV screen ffs.

Crellin needs taking out of the firing line for his own good and for the teams sake.

Already posted this on the Crellin thread, but..

Time for biscuits wrists to step aside. Not one to be critical of a single player, but, a keeper as a job. He clearly isn't it up to it yet. Not his fault, the people who selected him for the job have made an error, it happens, in any business.

Parkinson sighted some EFL ruling about protecting development players welfare, when he refused to play Doncaster after we kept getting dicked 0-5.
Surely whatever agreement we have with Fleetwood must have some sort of clause for the same?
I actually fear for the lads mental health and future career. One error and you learn, multiple mistakes when the spotlight is already on you.........

It's actually painful and embarrassing to watch

Going fwad we are not bad. Fonz Doyle and Saucey will probably score best part of 40 goals between them. 

However we have no midfield and the keeper must be costing us a goal a game. That virtually wipes out the goals those 3 score  

Untill we sort the keeper out we are a bottom six side  

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Going fwad we are not bad. Fonz Doyle and Saucey will probably score best part of 40 goals between them. 

However we have no midfield and the keeper must be costing us a goal a game. That virtually wipes out the goals those 3 score  

Yesterday would have been a good time to see if Regan Riley cameo performance was a one off or could he step up to the first team.

Get Gethin jones at right back then you can move kioso  further up Tutte central Darcy/Isgrove left

• Members
7 hours ago, kent_white said:

Right - I've had a drink now but........

Look at Southampton last season then,

Look at Southampton this season.

When we get it right we're pretty much unplayable at this level.

When we get it wrong we're not.

Jesus Kent what have you been drinking 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

That is where the budget was spent so we should have good attacking players. If we had paid for two expensive centre halves and an expensive midfield grafter  we wouldn't have had the money for Doyle, Fonz and Sarcevic and the problems would be at the other end of the pitch due to having cheap and crappy attacking players

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If we play the 3 best goal getters in Sarcevic, Doyle Fonz up top what 8 players would you play behind them and what formation? 

New keeper

Kioso, Santos, Delaney, taft

Tutte White

Isgrove, Sarce

Doyle, Fonz 

Fonz dropping down the left hand side when we don’t have the ball, Isgrove given licence to use either wing and Sarce breaking from midfield to support up top

20 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I decided to check who we've been below before.  In the late 80s we were a division below York, Aldershot, Chesterfield, Chester, Bury and Notts County and in the same division as Wrexham, Scarborough, Darlington, Hartlepool, Halifax, Hereford and Stockport.  A slight comfort to know other clubs might have been as badly managed as us over the years, although only Notts County out of that lot anywhere near us for size and history.

Rochdale are another club "enjoying" their first ever season in a higher division than Bolton. If we were Rochdale's patsies last season i suppose we are Crewe's this season having lost at home to them 3 times under Ian Evatt

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If we play the 3 best goal getters in Sarcevic, Doyle Fonz up top what 8 players would you play behind them and what formation? 

New Keeper

Jones   Santos   Delaney   Brockbank

Tutte

Kioso or Isgrove   Sarce   Crawford or Darcy

Doyle   Delfonzo

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

4-5-1                  

New keeper

Jones Santos Delaney Brockbank

Tutte.                                   
         Kioso.            Sarcevic 
    Crawford                  Fonz 

Doyle.        

Looks like Brockbank out till New Year now, so God knows what we do at left back, take your pick from Gordon/Mascol/Taft. I’d be keeping the midfield pretty fluid but allowing Fonz and Crawford to drop deep, which they like doing and it gives the midfield a bit more support. Nobody is going to argue about a new keeper. 

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

4-5-1                  

New keeper

Jones Santos Delaney Brockbank

Tutte.                                   
         Kioso.            Sarcevic 
    Crawford                  Fonz 

Doyle.        

Looks like Brockbank out till New Year now, so God knows what we do at left back, take your pick from Gordon/Mascol/Taft. I’d be keeping the midfield pretty fluid but allowing Fonz and Crawford to drop deep, which they like doing and it gives the midfield a bit more support. Nobody is going to argue about a new keeper. 

Good call, I have been shouting for such a line up for weeks.

I was shouting in the second half yesterday, "Let them have the mid-field, we've lost the battles there, go down the centre, get it in their half" We've got to play ugly percentages when needed also

new keeper

jones         santos  delaney           Brockbank

isgrove        sonny graham/tutte      Darcy

Sarcevic

Doyle       Fonz/miller

Crellin

Baptiste

Gordon

Taft

,Mascoll

Greenidge

kioto

Comley

Aurther

white

Hickman

Get shot of these soon as....

Edited by masi 51

30 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I know I didn’t pay a tenner. Already smashed a phone this season after a Crellin cock up, not ready to buy a new iPad as well yet

well dave you wouldnt be picking White if youd seen the game pal. i couldnt take watching it all time tbh. flitted in and out but jeezus.

frustrating as sort keeper out jettison baptiste Gordon & white stop fannying about in our own half and play the subs miller isgrove tutte & get Jones Doyle back - there would be big improvements 

48 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

What’s obvious from the comments from some on here is that not that many paid a tenner and watched the game yesterday.

I’ve seen every game that’s been screened this season

it’s clear in every single one that he’s trying to play to a plan. However badly executed

for me if it seems anyone hasn’t been watching it’s them that claim otherwise 

4 at the back seems common theme, I’d agree with that, Tutte holding midfield, the rest of our midfield is a concern for me, especially if we go with Sarcevic as a supplementary attacker alongside Fonz & Doyle. I’d also like to give isgrove a whirl which is difficult if we play 3 up top. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Crawford has been the biggest disappointment so far.

Massive expectations from him and you can count his "highlights" on one hand.

Agree, but he’s one of our better players, experienced and might do better played out wide where he’d have more time and less defensive duties. 

I don't know if I am reading too much into this, but I just don't understand this Crellin thing. He's clearly not up to the job and the poor lad will not be playing league football for a long time, he's basically ruined. Is this some kind of internal politics between Phoenix and Evatt, did Evatt want another goal keeper or two, was he told no this is your keeper and get on with it? Who knows? It is bizarre because it is clear as day he shouldn't be playing, an unfit Gilkes has got to be better than this kid.

I don't know if I am reading too much into this, but I just don't understand this Crellin thing. He's clearly not up to the job and the poor lad will not be playing league football for a long time, he's basically ruined. Is this some kind of internal politics between Phoenix and Evatt, did Evatt want another goal keeper or two, was he told no this is your keeper and get on with it? Who knows? It is bizarre because it is clear as day he shouldn't be playing, an unfit Gilkes has got to be better than this kid.