Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name The Ground

Zico

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, leigh white said:

With half an add showing a well known brewer, my guess would be Burnden Park.

Fairly sure it was in the paper or on a Bolton historical Facebook group a few days ago. 

(If it had been a few weeks ago i wouldn't have remembered! )

6 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Not the city ground they always had red terrace barriers ...

Could be the baggies ...although it doesn't look urban enough ...final answer ... baggies

tis the City ground. Bear in mind I never said anything about keeping colours true in order to help you all 😏 

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

Couldn't resist... from my collection

I remember the viewing thing you could go to to watch progress. Driving back over after the Tranmere game I had the urge, and it turned out loads of others had as well. Be a quarter of a century old this summer - for all its faults I still think seeing that against the backdrop of Winter Hill from the A6 on a sunny day is one the very best views of a ground there is.

1 minute ago, SatanGreavsie said:

I remember the viewing thing you could go to to watch progress. Driving back over after the Tranmere game I had the urge, and it turned out loads of others had as well. Be a quarter of a century old this summer - for all its faults I still think seeing that against the backdrop of Winter Hill from the A6 on a sunny day is one the very best views of a ground there is.

I remember Dave Higson appearing there one evening just as I was leaving for my digs, I couldn't resist giving him an actual tour