Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name The Ground

Zico

Well it's obviously an Archibald Leitch stand .

If it was colourised then it's just the colours rather than a distinctive design.

I think when the wanderers played there in 78 that stand didn't have the Leitch tower 

I will take a punt on White Heart Lane ...as Thete are a lot of away Luton fans

10 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

If it was colourised then it's just the colours rather than a distinctive design.

I think when the wanderers played there in 78 that stand didn't have the Leitch tower 

Yid army!! 👍

q71a3XS.jpg

Ted Undies strikes again

ted_rogers.jpg

Well Stan and Muriel, you said it was Orient. Well you were on the right lines as the orient is east of here. But where else is east of here? Yes, Belarus. And what does it name come from - well "White Russia" of course. Now then, if you make something white you blank it out as we did with some of the players on the picture (that's a big clue you missed); and what's the French word for white, well it's "blanche" of course. And which famous footballer had that in his name? Well Danny Blanchflower - it seems obvious now I know, that's why you're nodding as the penny's dropped - and who did he play for? Yes it's Spurs!

So hard luck; here's a Dusty Bin to take back to Ashby de la Zouch in the East Midlands, and here's what you could have won:

boat-tours-boat-trip-02-.jpg&height=450&

1 hour ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Just before demolition 1980.

7aRPK5W.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So ... what was the give-away strip you had to cover in case it gave it away ? White with Navy wouldn't be too onvious.

The cockerel on the stand was the give-away clue, not the strip. But the strip would have made it easier. It's a guess the ground remember.

• 2 months later...