Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name The Ground

Zico

ted_rogers.jpg

Ted undies strikes again.

"Well I told you it might be a bit of a headache. Ernie, you said a splitting headache might mean it's Hajduk Split playing. And it's a good answer because, as I'm sure you know, they lost 1-0 at Dundalk in the first round of the Cup Winners Cup the year this photo was taken. BUT the clue was in the name. Who is patron saint of headaches? Yes, of course it's Saint Stephen. And which city is named after him? Yes, it's St.Etienne in France. And who did they play in the first round of the Cup Winners Cup that same year. Yes, of course it was Manchester United, who played at Plymouth as a special thankyou to the loyal support of the "Devon Reds".

Hard luck Ernie and Mabel - here's a Dusty Bin to take back to Sutton Bonnington in the East Midlands, and here's what you could have won..."

lia-riva-interview-2.jpg

17 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just shows how development changes things.

Twenty years since the identikit Barr bowl went in on three sides. Hopefully safe standing will come before my knees go.

The redevelopment of grandstand admirably reusing shell has caused big issue with access in the concourse becoming restricted after new toilets and Aircon for corporate was installed.  Running on reduced numbers at the moment. 

Undies can thank me for keeping quiet later.

2 hours ago, green genie said:

Twenty years since the identikit Barr bowl went in on three sides. Hopefully safe standing will come before my knees go.

The redevelopment of grandstand admirably reusing shell has caused big issue with access in the concourse becoming restricted after new toilets and Aircon for corporate was installed.  Running on reduced numbers at the moment. 

Undies can thank me for keeping quiet later.

Aircon for those who aren’t under the roof too 🥶