Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Southend

desperado

56 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

My main memory of Southend is being topless on the open terrace for a Tuesday night game in January. Stubbs scored in the 1st minute, ended up with anti climb paint on my hands from getting on the fence.

Anyway. Scruffy 1-0

Never understood the logic of risking hypothermia at a football match in order to look hard 🤷‍♂️

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Never understood the logic of risking hypothermia at a football match in order to look hard 🤷‍♂️

It must be 27 years ago - 18/19 year old me had been on diamond white all the way down so the beer coat was on. Probably about the time Tango man was doing it at Sheffield Wednesday

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Rudy said:

Bollocks to the table and the oppositions results, no room for complacency 

Absobloodyexactly 

Correct. I’ve generally (even in the post/pre match comments during defeats and poor runs) liked how he has spoken.

IMO he got 2 things badly wrong, the handling of the Crellin situation and the calling players out publicly rather than privately.

I’ve not concurred with some peoples criticism of selection, formations, training routines, player recruitment and analysis of the games/situation we have found ourselves in.

I’ve found him to be realistic, professional, hardworking, committed, understanding of the situation being a being a big club wanting to get out of this position, a scholar of the game who is admittedly still learning. 

I remain confident that Shazza has made a good appointment.