Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sport Vale at Home

embankment

Today was just like Orient again we had 67% of the ball today yet they had 11 shots on Target, they just drew us out and went down the channels. We have no plan B. Santos is either good or shit no middle ground thats why he is not playing higher.

Everyones got the same 7/8 they want to get rid in January.........lets be honest who would have them.

Why no Taft i  on the bench???

The kid making his debut did ok .His passing & forward play was positive however definitely not a defensive midfielder.

Would’nt fault him for any of the goals but Tutte does do a lot of good defensive work .Thomason was caught between the lines a few times .
Nevertheless think he has something about him.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree, but it seems that IE isn't so fond, so a waste of a squad place. May as well get rid.

Does Mascoll need adding to the list too?

Still think we need a strong, physical presence in midfield at times. Need to be able to mix it as well as pass it.

Possibly, IE slated him after I think Newport for his crosses not reaching bit harsh I thought, definitely need that enforcer role 

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Anyone heard an Evatt interview yet?

Be interesting to see what he says 

we go again, wont change my beliefs, not good enough, trained well..they have to get used to teams raising there game here blah, blah.blah

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

What today tells us is that our progress from being a basket case to being a solid football league club again is not going to be linear. Thank god for those four league wins that took us away from the bottom end of the table. But we aren't going to suddenly storm the division an there are still big flaws. 

No fans in the stadium and the general situation in the world adds to the bizarre feel of things just now. I'm beginning to become of the mind that we use this season to get on some kind of an even keel again and then push on again next year with fans in the ground. 

In the context of 20/21 season we aren't the first to be involved in a weird result. VIlla 7 Liverpool 2; United 1 Spurs 6; City 2 Leicester 5 and others. 

It's getting a bit cliched to say this now but its Saturday afternoon and we have a football club to talk about. I might not be so magnanimous if we fuck it up v the bindippers in a fortnight.

You’re alright you when you don’t have your political hat on.

Thats all bang on. 🥰

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Possibly, IE slated him after I think Newport for his crosses not reaching bit harsh I thought, definitely need that enforcer role 

I thought so too. Can't help feeling there is perhaps a bit more to it. Personality clashes or some such.

18 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Thought Steve Eryes(?) reading of the game was spot on .

Shambles defensively but didn’t understand the subbing of Delaney.

He is the  our main man for winning headers.

Maybe keeping a simple back four is the answer 

The penalty gift was shocking.

Couldn't think of the guy's name, yes Steve Eyre is spot on and he knows his onions too, which is always a big plus from me.

Edited by Blondi

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Anyone heard an Evatt interview yet?

Be interesting to see what he says 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-vs-port-vale-live-19405416

It’s a rude awakening. Everything we spoke about in the week about them and traditional Port Vale, is they’re physical, it’s hard work, it’s intense, they’ll fight, they’ll scrap, they’ll battle and they outfought us and outbattled us from minute one. It’s not acceptable.

(The fans) are equally as unhappy as I am. Nobody would have saw this coming. It could have been 15 all. I have never seen a team defend so badly and all the credit that we’ve built up in recent weeks, hard work and five wins on the bounce, all the credit that we’ve built up has now being undone in one game of football. We have to face the consequences. That isn’t acceptable at home against a team that had been struggling for results. From minute one, we were awful.

Now we got ourselves back into it, we dominated the first half and then we give a silly penalty away. Whether it was a penalty or not is up for debate, I don’t think it was but that’s irrelevant and then we’ve given ourselves another mountain to climb and then we go and say the right things at half-time. We’re thinking we still have a chance because we dominated the game and then within 60 seconds, we’re out of the game and it’s inexplicable. I just don’t see where that’s come from but it’s a rude awakening for us all and we’ll be in first thing in the morning to sift through the debris and make sure that everybody is under no illusion that that is not acceptable.

Edited by Cheese

Evatt made two decisions this week that tells me he will get it right 1 getting the players in Christmas Day and secondly leaving both Comley, and White on the bench......the young lad may not be the answer, but he knows the other two are not either.

24 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Evatt made two decisions this week that tells me he will get it right 1 getting the players in Christmas Day and secondly leaving both Comley, and White on the bench......the young lad may not be the answer, but he knows the other two are not either.

Don't all clubs do that?