Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

World Cup - Dodgy ?


Ani
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Most are wanted by Interpol as well.

Fifa was pretty much run as a mafia. Blatter could announce he was heading to a country and he would have been greeted like a President or a Royal.

Ive been out to Qatar and seen a stadium, they will have an exceptional World Cup, the stadiums are next level, as are the fanzones there shouldn’t be a bidding process to get a World Cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

 

Ive been out to Qatar and seen a stadium, they will have an exceptional World Cup, the stadiums are next level, as are the fanzones there shouldn’t be a bidding process to get a World Cup.

Wonder what time will the pubs around the stadiums will open?

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Wonder what time will the pubs around the stadiums will open?

😁 Not sure but they’ve got drink licenses out there around them, don’t think it’ll be tolerated drinking in the street, which is a blow for my St. George’s  patio Furniture pop up shop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

I am more bothered about a world cup around this time of the year.

will seem weird and not really looking forward to it.

Don't talk wet  

You already need fuck all excuse to crack open the baileys at this time of year. 

Imagine if Iran v Cameroon was on... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I went down a FIFA wormhole on YouTube the Caribbean sector of FIFA had come out and said they would vote towards a English bid, they wanted England to go over for a few friendlies, The FA declined because that could be seen as a bribe with them making money off England playing over there but instead would invite a Caribbean nation over here to have a friendly at Wembley.

That’s usually how it works they call it “building relationships”

I think it ended up being Trinidad schools who got fully kitted out with brand new computer equipment provided by one of these fuckers who’s up for bribery and money laundering charges 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Rudy said:

Most are wanted by Interpol as well.

Fifa was pretty much run as a mafia. Blatter could announce he was heading to a country and he would have been greeted like a President or a Royal.

Ive been out to Qatar and seen a stadium, they will have an exceptional World Cup, the stadiums are next level, as are the fanzones there shouldn’t be a bidding process to get a World Cup.

They have to have an extra level in order to fit the cemetery in the basement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spider said:

It is what it is

Capitalism triumphs once more.

Should have bought shares in Qatari construction 

Thatchers qatar

If everyone is being brought to task then it’s not really ‘it is what it is’ 

My only shock is it’s taken this long to identify. Of all the countries they could of took the back handers from it couldn’t be more obvious even to the untrained eye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, stevieb said:

Don't talk wet  

You already need fuck all excuse to crack open the baileys at this time of year. 

Imagine if Iran v Cameroon was on... 

Sinead is right you know. be a good idea for the TV viewer but as a tournament will be meh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair the Russia bid had a massive advantage that it’s the biggest country in the World, with Football pedigree and a World Cup had never been played out that way (Eastern Europe / Central Asia). It was proven to be a good decision as well having put on what many said was a great WC (especially the ones that went over) 

The Qatar one I can’t get my head around though, mainly because of the size of the place. If it was a joint Middle East bid across 3 or 4 countries then fair enough, stinks really 

The future is the multi country events, can’t wait for US / Canada / Mexico in 2026. Not sure where the 2030 process is up to, think we are looking at a British bid with Wales & Scotland. Spain & Portugal also interested from UEFA. I think it will go back to South America though with a joint bid from Argentina / Uruguay / Paraguay, its the 100 years anniversary which goes in that bids favour (going back to Uruguay where the first one was). Sure Colombia & Peru are also interested. Any of those would make for great world cups to be fair 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

To be fair the Russia bid had a massive advantage that it’s the biggest country in the World, with Football pedigree and a World Cup had never been played out that way (Eastern Europe / Central Asia). It was proven to be a good decision as well having put on what many said was a great WC (especially the ones that went over) 

The Qatar one I can’t get my head around though, mainly because of the size of the place. If it was a joint Middle East bid across 3 or 4 countries then fair enough, stinks really 

The future is the multi country events, can’t wait for US / Canada / Mexico in 2026. Not sure where the 2030 process is up to, think we are looking at a British bid with Wales & Scotland. Spain & Portugal also interested from UEFA. I think it will go back to South America though with a joint bid from Argentina / Uruguay / Paraguay, its the 100 years anniversary which goes in that bids favour (going back to Uruguay where the first one was). Sure Colombia & Peru are also interested. Any of those would make for great world cups to be fair 

Brazil had it 2014, Russia, Qatar, America, I suspect it’ll come back to Europe for 2030 especially if next years Euros are a success here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Brazil had it 2014, Russia, Qatar, America, I suspect it’ll come back to Europe for 2030 especially if next years Euros are a success here 

You can count Russia as Europe to be fair, sure FIFA will given they are in UEFA 

You can make a solid case for South America again, especially with the 100 year anniversary 

Edited by birch-chorley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.