Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (a)

Spider

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Tonight must of made up for it. 👍

The stepladders @ Barrow & Cambridge were the best of all.

Especially S in the last minute @ Barrow.

It took planning of land ownership.

You can’t just rock up.

It was proved that we knew more than them.

Edited by captainmed

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Waiting for highlights from Thorpedo, wonder if he got a round in 😅

Buzzing my little cotton socks off after that. 

Social distancing on the train meant Sober Dan was pretty quiet although he did go for about 4 shits either way.  Must of ate something a bit off the lad earlier in the day.  Spoons is still Spoons and doing the burger and a pint deal plus additional pints.  Locals were alright when they were drawing but got a bit heated when quite a few Bolton in the 'away' end went up on 91 minutes.  Didn't think we'd been sussed by the Burberry clad few in front of us until one turned round and said that our number 16 was as bad at throw ins as Hector Bellerin.  Silent smile behind my mask and carried on watching the game.  Stewards were sound as a pound too.  Gates were just open so you walked straight in without showing your ticket and they said thanks when you used the sanitiser.  Never even asked me about the tinnie in my pocket nor when I supped it at half time and were very understanding when the lad who celebrated a bit more than anyone else said he just got a bit excited.

Gilks - superb tonight.  Couple of good stops and caught a good few from them bloody long throws

Baptiste - could of stepped up easily to avoid a first half chance but did a decent and effective job.  Never realised that his headers make a louder thud than normal headers

Delaney - solid, love that his only out ball is down the wing so forward players have an idea where it's going.  Scored the winner and took the piss by using their towel for a thrown in which ......... went down the wing

Santos - can't of been the same lad from the Port Vale game.  Back to the good Santos.  Got stuck in, body on the line and all that.  Note: no big unit to wind him up though 

Jones - first time I noticed tonight how we drop into a 5 at the back when needed and then he's only gone and appeared down the other end a few seconds later.  He'll sleep well on the coach back

Sarcevic - looked a bit lost when fist punching the Bolton lad after the goal and put in a shift all over the gaff.  Never be a world beater but a massive trier and I like that

Thomason - getting to like this lad.  Good vision and not afraid to spread it around.  Got a bit more involved physically tonight which was good to see.  Should join Sarc for a kebab occasionally to put a few pounds on

Greenidge - given a job at LWB for the first half he looked like he been sent to deep extra cover and didn't have a friggin' clue where it was.  Not exactly over physical for a lad his size but plain to see he was a target second half for the aerial cross field ball.  Think he won one too

Delfounso - unsung hero for me tonight.  Lots of effort mostly off the ball and supported the midfield.  Struggled a bit to keep up when we sprung forward but probably thinks he could of buried at least one of his chances.  About time he told the missus it's her job to get up in the night to feed the new nipper

Isgrove - like a little ferret.  He runs around, changes direction, runs again and then has a breather 'cos he's knackered.  Hard working sort who tracked and harried and should of scored.  Looked a bit easier from 100 yards away but a bit of a different story on the highlights 

Doyle - bit greedy at times but who can blame him with his goal record.  Proper player who'll bag a fair few more this season.  Frustrates a bit that he can't shield the ball better outside the box, but gives you a few tingly goose bumps in and around the box.  Fair play to him for throwing the bucket of towels for their long throw lad over the fence

Goodnight.  I've had a few.

• Site Supporter

I thought we were better than just smash and grab, first half especially. Some good, solid defending which I didn’t think we had in us.

Was offered a ticket so could easily have been there but December & January are the wrong time of year for midweek aways for me. Will try to get to 1 or 2 aways before the season is done though if under similar restrictions.

Couldnt really single anyone out, it was an all round good performance. Has the penny dropped?

14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I thought we were better than just smash and grab, first half especially. Some good, solid defending which I didn’t think we had in us.

Was offered a ticket so could easily have been there but December & January are the wrong time of year for midweek aways for me. Will try to get to 1 or 2 aways before the season is done though if under similar restrictions.

Couldnt really single anyone out, it was an all round good performance. Has the penny dropped?

Yes same here just couldn’t get away from work early enough, under the current 2k probably only Crawley & morcambe you could do similar but once it’s increased be easier unless clubs get tighter 

• Members
10 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Sadly it means we are stuck with Evatts tactical masterclass’s for another few matches as they wont pot him now based on this lucky win.

What's your address pal? I'll happily send you a pack of Stanley knife blades you miserable cunt.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Haha. I had a wobble. Happy to put my hands up and say I was wrong. Now Mr Evatt go and get the job done against those skiprats

Haha it’s gonna happen. We’ll smash those fuckers on Saturday  

Most satisfying win of the season for me last night. Had to really dig in. I thought the way the defence and Gilks dealt with those long throws was superb.

Actually thought Greenidge didn't do too badly at LB. Rather have him there than the other two.

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Most satisfying win of the season for me last night. Had to really dig in. I thought the way the defence and Gilks dealt with those long throws was superb.

Actually thought Greenidge didn't do too badly at LB. Rather have him there than the other two.

Same here with Greenidge, gave his best effort

1 hour ago, nantwichwhite said:

Same here with Greenidge, gave his best effort

His best effort was awful mate. Never seen a professional footballer so unfit- we were right behind him first half and he unbelievably bad. Saying that the other two who have been brought in for that position are worse

1 hour ago, nantwichwhite said:

The time wasting comment made me laugh too, the lad with the long throw in wasted more time than anyone, he probably had the ball in his hands for five minutes of the match.

Don’t know if iFollow picked it up but their first throw in Doyle run in front of their guy and chucked the box of towels over the wall

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Traf said:

Can't condone fans travelling so far from a Tier 3 to watch the game though. That's pretty irresponsible IMO.

Me and MrsD are looking for a long weekend away in a tier 2 area. Somewhere nice and quiet. Can you help? 🤣

13 hours ago, captainmed said:

The stepladders @ Barrow & Cambridge were the best of all.

Especially S in the last minute @ Barrow.

It took planning of land ownership.

You can’t just rock up.

It was proved that we knew more than them.

Seeing the handful of our fans at Cheltenham last night celebrating was for me the highlight of the season so far 

Absolute respect for the efforts you have made 

When things get back to normal the club should invite you to parade the stepladders around the ground 

This is the modern day equivalent of the legendary Bob Stott the Bolton Newsagent who walked to the 1923 Cup Final