Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trampmere (H)

Steejay

• Site Supporter

I was watching the TV the other day and this ad comes on.

After 10 seconds I was gobsmacked at the moonlighting by KH himself!

And he does a great west country accent.

Anyway, we need to smash these fuckers.

3 - 0, Doyle (2), Sarce.

• The topic was pinned
4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

2 teams i really wanted to beat in this league - Mini Man U (Salford) and Tranmere Bastard Rovers.

Half the job is done, hope we destroy these tramps on Saturday.

This. 

Go out 100mph and bag a few early on.

Oh, and go straight through that cunt who did Brockbank at their place (no idea who it was or if he still plays for them, mind). 

15 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

We didn’t have many wins last season, but Tranmere at home was the most satisfying imo.

I saw chino the day after that walking past the no name as I was stuck in traffic. Told him how much I enjoyed it and I thought we played well. Left it by saying to him “it’s always good to beat them bastards!” I know he won’t but I’d like to think he’ll remember it when we smash them this week 😁

3 hours ago, awandering said:

Apparently maybe Boxing Day.

Can see a bit of rotation with Tutte and Thomasson over Christmas

Brockbank will be back soon as a LWB option.

I reckon there will be too. I’d be keen to see Tutte, Thomasson and Sarce as a midfield 3, which I think is the most balanced option that we’ve got.

3 hours ago, awandering said:

I like what I’ve seen of Thomason. I can’t help but feel like he’s a bit more of a luxury player in this system though.

If he played regularly for me it would be instead of say Crawford. Didn’t see Cheltenham so take with a pinch of salt, but we were certainly overrun in midfield the previous two defeats, and badly needed a ball winner in there.

Whether Comley or White are up to it is another matter unless Kieran Lee can fill in. 

• Members
45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I reckon there will be too. I’d be keen to see Tutte, Thomasson and Sarce as a midfield 3, which I think is the most balanced option that we’ve got.

Certainly frees Sarce up a bit more to link up with the Doyle 

Isgrove was definitely a big improvement from what we've seen from Crawford so far this season.  Tutte will definitely come straight back in, probably at the expense of Thomason, but at least he's shown himself to be more of an able stand-in than either White or Comley if/when he is needed.

It's taken too long, but I think we're pretty close to having a definite strongest XI ... well, we will be when we ha a proper LB / LWB

5 hours ago, awandering said:

Brockbank will be back soon as a LWB option.

You're probably right, although we're playing less over Christmas than we're used to.  Saturday-Tuesday has become fairly normal but only 3 games between 20th Dec and 11th Jan, its like a rest period compared to the fixture list since early Oct.