Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trampmere (H)

Steejay

Tough one to call this as it involved the 2 most clueless fuckers ever to be Bolton manager/coach for many a year.

So I will go for a draw with each side managing single figure attempts on goal, and thankfully I will be out shopping so wont have to watch the debacle live on tv.

4 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Tough one to call this as it involved the 2 most clueless fuckers ever to be Bolton manager/coach for many a year.

So I will go for a draw with each side managing single figure attempts on goal, and thankfully I will be out shopping so wont have to watch the debacle live on tv.

You don’t “have to watch” anything. Do you ever wonder why you bother “supporting” Bolton?

20 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

That sort of attention seeking drivel makes my piss boil..

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I bet Evatt really looks forward to this before every game, that interviewer is below average bang on shit!, how he is still in a job is beyond me.

You can tell from the look in Evatt's eyes in that still frame he's got nothing but contempt for who he is speaking to

I bet Evatt really looks forward to this before every game, that interviewer is below average bang on shit!, how he is still in a job is beyond me.

Bit like going to the dentist, you have to turn up.

I've never forgot Dave Higson pushing the mike into Chick Charnley's face and asking "I hear you're  a bit of a hard man Chick?" His expression  was absolutely priceless, you could boys laughing in the background

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Agreed, to an extent, he was defo out of his depth, but no good will tomorrow, he's a full on chino cunt and I hope we smash the trampy twats.

Tomorrow there's no good will.

Fair enough. Trampy, onion knowing, chino clad twats to a man.

Edited by Francis Fogarty

6 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Be a close game this 1-0/ 2-1

give a smile ian lad it’s Christmas 

They've conceded 8 in last 2, we conceded 6 in last home game.  My money's not going on under 2.5 goals.

I think our clean sheet at Cheltenham was helped by a "backs to the wall/defend at all costs" mentality coz of their style of play.  Back to a more open game tomorrow, for better or worse.

Don't say sorry to Keith, that cunt owes us an apology for that 1-7 v Accy last season.... the cunt!

As much as that was bad (Bridcutt centre back, dont remind me), but we had a ridiculous sending off after 5 minutes or so when we were 1 up.  Evatt was 6-1 down to Port Vale with 11 men, the most embarrassing scoreline in any of our lifetimes in a home game?  But I dont hate Evatt, I just hope he learns and improves.  Hill improved, 3 games unbeaten last 3 games and some half decent signings (that we shouldnt have let go in some cases, at least we kept Delaney).  Hill talked nonsense but was far from useless.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Rob McAffrey, Rob McAffrey....

Cambridge away around 91 McAffrey got dogs from us whilst walking down the side of the pitch wearing a flasher Mac

rob McAffrey you’re a wanker you’re a wanker😀

I'll agree to disagree.  Port Vale embarrassed me, as did Orient and failing to have any decent attacks in a succession of home games.  Hill lost 4 out of 14 games from his 1st home game to the the end of the year, with a squad thrown together.  Evatt lost 7 out of 18 this year in a lower division and I dont think he's out of his depth or useless.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'll agree to disagree.  Port Vale embarrassed me, as did Orient and failing to have any decent attacks in a succession of home games.  Hill lost 4 out of 14 games from his 1st home game to the the end of the year, with a squad thrown together.  Evatt lost 7 out of 18 this year in a lower division and I dont think he's out of his depth or useless.

Speaking as someone who is an IE fan I’ll agree that’s a good point. And another point in Chinos favour is that the wheels really came off after Tobias’ appointment. I bet he’s wishing he’d never arrived on the scene. And looking back his “We are not on the same page” rant I think was directed at him not us the fans.

However it’s never good for a manager when the trajectory of the success graph is downwards like it was for KH. Yes he brought some decent players in and threw them together at the beginning with limited success, but for me, it’s a clear sign of poor man management/tactical nous/ lack of leadership when results and performances tail off like they did.

Positively the graph (all be it with a few ups and downs) is upward moving with IE and things are improving/getting better. You have the feeling the players are buying into his philosophy now. Onwards and upwards