Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H) OFF COVID BY THE SEASIDE

Zico

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Saw highlights of them against Grimsby.

Grimsby were atrocious and Morecambe weren’t great but still beat them comfortably 

They don’t keep many clean sheets

2-1

Indeed. Concede a few and don't score masses. Still have more wins than us though.

Another tough one for me.

Given our predictable setup & with Kioso suspended surely Evatt will mix it up a bit .Even Morecambe will be gagging at the bit to exploit our defensive weaknesses.Stopping the goals against has to be paramount .Packing our midfield out a bit & putting square pegs in square holes might help our solidity I’d even take a nil -nil for this one to stop the rot.

Do I think he’ll change formation? No I don’t.Muck or nettles it’s going to be 

Funny team Morecambe, similar to Oldham in that their best results are away, they've been like that last 2 or 3 years, I never have them on my accumulators to either win at home or lose away. 

5 away wins, 4 defeats, 1 draw.  Only twice have both teams not scored, Morecambe only failed to score in 1, so let's be realistic we aren't keeping a clean sheet, we need to score 2 to have a chance of winning.

1-2.

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just realised something... Morecambe? How long have they been a league team?

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Remember them at Grundy Hill playing RMI (along with Fleetwood) in the Lancashire combination .Then again v pie-eaters in Cheshire league.

Bloody hell I’m fckg old.

Leigh RMI beat them in a Conference game as recently* as late January 2004. Either side of Bolton beating Pompey at home and Charlton away amidst a five game unbeaten run. In fact, it turns out 9 of our current division played at Leigh in league games in the early-mid 2000’s with a few of them being much later than that, and not even in the Conference (Barrow, Harrogate, Salford). 

As for Tuesday. 3-0 win. All coming together  

*”Recently” probably not the right word

• Members
16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not a clue, I'm giving up predictions.

Also gone off the boil on the Sky super 6.

Obviously hoping for any kind of win.

Ffs, we are playing bastard Morcambe!!

I wish every team we were playing was called team number whatever. 

We need to Stop thinking we are the best club in the league based on stature and history, we are here on merit alone. Game by game, half by half, not run away with ourselves beat the teams in front of us no matter who they are 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I wish every team we were playing was called team number whatever. 

We need to Stop thinking we are the best club in the league based on stature and history, we are here on merit alone. Game by game, half by half, not run away with ourselves beat the teams in front of us no matter who they are 

You're right. Perhaps doesnt help when the manager says pre season that the club shouldn't be down in this league; size and history perhaps agree, but current form etc dictate you are where you deserve to be.