Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley Town (H)

burnden

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Was Stevie Eyre before your time at City? He was there for ages 

Was chatting to Joe Rielly over xmas, hes really good mates with him. Meant to be a really sound fella, hurting my ears today though.

• Site Supporter

Forgot who it was who moaned last week about people typing  on here during games...

This:

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone else get bored and navigate to here or twitter after about 3 mins watching it :D

Edited by MickyD

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Jones and Isgrove - pointless (Isgrove cost Brockbank a booking)

Delfonso & Doyle - both playing midfield and centre forward

Eyre saying we have better players, gotta disagree, its every game we say that, until they start performing, and 20 games in I've seen nothing.

No second balls won, second to everything, cant pass, cant tackle and no intent from any of them.

Positives: it's still 0-0

Brockbank’s inexperience cost Brockbank a booking. Diving in when he was losing the race rather than waiting for the Crawley player to naturally slow down as he got to the ball first and get goal side. He’ll learn from it though. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

We look disjointed as a team week in week out, nobody picking up second balls in midfield, and like Eyre keeps saying, seems the only ones putting in cresses are our strikers, not great , but we go again 2nd half

John McGinlay used to put some great crosses in at Burnden. That said, he had Andy Walker to aim at.

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Going worse every game; like somebody said Isgrove and Jones are pointless; useless 

Another bad game from our forwards and Sarc has had a shocker as well

isgrove on the left would have been productive, Jones wasted loads of good ball.  Why not switch Isgrove to the left and get him in the game ? What is pointless is playing both in the wrong position.

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Jones and Isgrove - pointless (Isgrove cost Brockbank a booking)

Delfonso & Doyle - both playing midfield and centre forward

Eyre saying we have better players, gotta disagree, its every game we say that, until they start performing, and 20 games in I've seen nothing.

No second balls won, second to everything, cant pass, cant tackle and no intent from any of them.

Positives: it's still 0-0

Agreed.  Its clear as day they've got better players, at least in possession.  Arguably we've got a better striker but its irrelevant if he doesn't get a sniff of a chance from 1 week to the next.  I'd have any of their midfielders for any of our's on today's showing and we've got 1 hand tied behind our back playing a system that makes us worse both defensively and offensively.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Forgot who it was who moaned last week about people tying on here during games...

This:

It was me 😂.

It was more aimed at the Bi-Polar rants which which are expressed as definitive facts while the result is unknown. Don’t mind the expressing of opinion which today seems to be fair. 

I still maintain its not for me, just the same as when I’m at the game, phone stays in my pocket. Granted I can moan and chat with my two lads while the games on 😊.

Even game so far, could go either way, these two WBs are certainly not the future and I think IE knows that. I think Greenidge has been ok.

Edited by desperado

Can't win the 2nd ball across the whole side.

no good punting the ball up to Doyle or Fonz when no bugger picks up the knock down either from Bolton or the Crawley defender.

Same in our own half losing the ball from the defenders all the time too

Edited by frank_spencer

We seem to have no midfield presence at all, which is baffling as Sarcevic, Tutte and Thomason should be plenty good enough.

Hopefully a big improvement in second half as it feels like we're just waiting for the inevitable goal against us.

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

It was me 😂.

It was more aimed at the Bi-Polar rants which which are expressed as definitive facts while the result is unknown. Don’t mind the expressing of opinion which today seems to be fair. 

I still maintain its not for me, just the same as when I’m at the game, phone stays in my pocket. Granted I can moan and chat with my two lads while the games on 😊.

Even game so far, could go either way, these to WBs are certainly not the future and I think IE knows that. I think Greenidge has been ok.

I'm a 3screen wanker so got the game on one, WW on another and twatter on the 3rd. Whatsapp open on my phone :D

Football is about being sociable and as I can't watch with my mates you lot get it

:D

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

We seem to have no midfield presence at all, which is baffling as Sarcevic, Tutte and Thomason should be plenty good enough.

Hopefully a big improvement in second half as it feels like we're just waiting for the inevitable goal against us.

Should be good enough and there's 3 of the fuckers but I've pondered the same thing

I don't think they're close enough together

Same with Delf and Doyle