Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley Town (H)

burnden

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Going off the “quality of player” how many of our squad would get into another team in the top half of this league? Not many. Can’t sign 20 players and expect them all to be great. The wing back position needs sorting, middle of the park does. 

He’s got this window to get it right. It’ll come good trust me hun 

That seems a bit contradictory pal

I think you're saying

We don't have many quality players

You can't sign a load and expect them to all be great

But if we don't have many of quality then we need to sign a load

But we can't expect them to all be great

But it'll be ok

Confused logic 

2 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

In the system we play im not sure we should even call the wing backs wing backs. How much actual defending do they do? They are wide midfielders or wingers. So play attacking players in those positions (he does on the right but not the left?) instead of defenders.

We did that against port vale and got battered. 

We need to go back to basics (four at the back) because this system is hindering any fluency in our play and we are always vulnerable to teams playing in the channels. 

To be fair today they came straight through us for their goal and that could have happened regardless.  However, the fact that Doyle has to come so deep and then put crosses in means we are never going to see the best of him. There is no balance to our attacking play and no solidity about our defence.

They were the better team for 75 minutes. Moving and passing with confidence. 
Our inability to hold the ball for more than two or three passes is ridiculous. Once someone putts a foot on the ball and we string three or passes together going forward we look ok. 
Hate to agree with commentators but Doyle needs to stay within the lines of the penalty area. 
It will be interesting once we have anybody on the left side if teams continue to give us as much room still. I would have put Isgrove over there and tried Darcy or Crawford on. I know Isgrove can not defend but as an attacking option maybe. Hopefully someone in for next game. 
Greenidge was ok. But a pro player not knowing how to take a throw in is fucking embarrassing. 

The worse player on the pitch was Delfonso. His contribution is virtually nil. Thought Doyle and Tutte especially as game went on did ok. 

Massive transfer window coming up. We need a left back a keeper. Central midfield player and another forward. 

The biggest thing is that we need to earn the right to play. Too often we are over run for long phases of the first half by average players who work harder than us. Plus the constant giving away of possession. 

Having said that last 15 minutes were as well as we have played for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Going off the “quality of player” how many of our squad would get into another team in the top half of this league? Not many. Can’t sign 20 players and expect them all to be great. The wing back position needs sorting, middle of the park does. 

He’s got this window to get it right. It’ll come good trust me hun 

This

If you look at the records of our players over their careers,  very few have ever held down a regular place at a team in the football league.

Sarcevic, Tutte, Baptiste and Gilks are the only ones.

Even Doyle was on loan last season from Bradford.

1 minute ago, hughmungus said:

Yes but I am right about Evatt, and can I ask who typed that post for you ?

For a so called Bolton fan to only appear to gloat after we lose is fucking strange behaviour. 
Seems like you would rather be right about Evatt than Bolton win. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. 

• Members
14 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That seems a bit contradictory pal

I think you're saying

We don't have many quality players

You can't sign a load and expect them to all be great

But if we don't have many of quality then we need to sign a load

But we can't expect them to all be great

But it'll be ok

Confused logic 

Last window we had no one 

Signed players to cover in nearly every position 

To get a team and a squad out.

Probability in our position we were going to sign some decent players, some ok, some guff.

Then injuries come in and then he has to shift about.

Had to sign some players see how they would be and then move on if they weren’t up to it 

This is where we are at now, it was always going to be about this window not be too far adrift. He knows more now than in the summer who he needs to get in and who needs to be let go. 

Just now, Rudy said:

Probability in our position we were going to sign some decent players, some ok, some guff.

Had to sign some players see how they would be and then move on if they weren’t up to it 

This is where we are at now, it was always going to be about this window not be too far adrift. He knows more now than in the summer who he needs to get in and who needs to be let go. 

I hope you're right 🙏 

Just now, Ani said:

For a so called Bolton fan to only appear to gloat after we lose is fucking strange behaviour. 
Seems like you would rather be right about Evatt than Bolton win. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. 

Not gloating mate, far from it, just cant believe how far down the shitter Evatt is taking us and just dont have time for people defending him defeat after shit defeat. Have never criticised the club.

BWFC in my blood but just have zero confidence in Evatt, and it fucking heartbreaking losing to teams of this level week in week out.

Just sad that some would rather lower themselves to abusing someone with a different opinion rather than trying to explain something in the manager I may have missed.

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I like this explanation and it makes sense. 

We are still recovering from the Cuntersons stewardship. 

Just now, hughmungus said:

Not gloating mate, far from it, just cant believe how far down the shitter Evatt is taking us and just dont have time for people defending him defeat after shit defeat. Have never criticised the club.

BWFC in my blood but just have zero confidence in Evatt, and it fucking heartbreaking losing to teams of this level week in week out.

Just sad that some would rather lower themselves to abusing someone with a different opinion rather than trying to explain something in the manager I may have missed.

Maybe you check what you post before pressing send because the view you’ve expressed here doesn’t come out in your previous posts. 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Yep I get all that

But your last post said we have next to fuck all decent players 

Ergo we need to sign a load

But you also said if you sign a load you can’t expect them to all be good

But then we will be reet 

I still don’t get how that all follows

Unless a few more will get more out of some that aren’t currently quality but could be with better around them. Which is reasonable 

• Site Supporter

We have some good players for this league & some poor one's. The main problem for me is Evatt trying to force his best players into his system instead of using a system that suits his best players. Playing Jones at lwb was ridiculous, it would have been better with him on the left of a back four with four in midfield. I've said it before, it's Wengeristic.... Keep doing the same thing hoping against all logic that it will come good. 

We could be higher up this league if we played to our strengths & didn't make it easy for bang average teams to have the time & space to knock it about. 

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

You may be you may not

But you have him no chance since the start

Can I ask why?

When he arrived I expected some semblance of a plan, tactics and set up, but he never had one and was to thick to change or admit he needed help. 

To me the job is to big for him, not completely his fault I know but he has handed lesser teams victories they should never have had with his lack of knowledge.