Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley Town (H)

burnden

Eyre really explained how poor Santos was defending one on one last week, really informative. Basically said he had got so far in his career on his size without learning how to defend properly and he didn't know how to mark strikers who were prepared to battle with him. Said it was schoolboy stuff he trying to come through the back of them rather than marking on their shoulder and trying to win the ball from the side.

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s like a live version of his LinkedIn profile. 

"Nadesan turned up to his trial late, he couldn't pass, tackle or shoot, but I gave him a job because his goldfish had died that year. This is how we should treat people.

AGREE?"*

* LinkedIn content gag if you've no clue what I'm on about

9 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Eyre really explained how poor Santos was defending one on one last week, really informative. Basically said he had got so far in his career on his size without learning how to defend properly and he didn't know how to mark strikers who were prepared to battle with him. Said it was schoolboy stuff he trying to come through the back of them rather than marking on their shoulder and trying to win the ball from the side.

Santos has been poor today. His reading of the game is appalling. Suckered Brocky into that yellow card

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

We should be losing. We will end up losing if we don't start defending better. It's too easy for them to play through us. 

We are giving the ball away too easy. 

Pretty even for me

Both teams have had spells

I think we're just hyperaware of how brittle we are defending

Just wish we'd play as a team in the final third; every week it's like they have no clue who's going to be moving where, when to release it or not etc. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Have we started making the away team use the East Stand Social Club for changing? 

Delf was in the paper this week saying the ground was too hospitable for away sides. Maybe we've got them changing in a portakabin outside