Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don’t mind wearing a mask in England to live a fairly normal life.

Fucked if I’m wearing one in 40 degree heat whilst queueing to get into a restaurant.

Each to their own, but unless things are normal I’ll probably skip it for this year.

Hotel I’m going to in September have confirmed via e-mail that staff wear masks but guests aren’t required to wear them inside or outside but of course they can if they choose. Hotel is fully open also. 
 

 But it is very much each to their own. I wouldn’t criticize anyone for not wanting to go for any reason. 

i will simply crack on and be an anti social cunt and bring back alsorts of new strains 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a danger of reading stuff and believing too much. Here's my take. Get it booked with a travel agent that offers ABTA/ATOL protection. If it's cancelled by somebody other than you, you

Took little one when she was 3ish. I'm not a caravan holiday lover but she bloody loved it. Wasn't full of 99p Sun holiday scutters either. Cracking fish and chip shop called the lime crab I think jn

This is true and the reason J2 said they had no availability is because they hold some back for the trade. J2 give the trade around 6% discount off retail, which enables us to pricematch or marginal

I swear some folk revel in being locked down, genuinely think it’s they're danger of being diagnosed with a mental issue. Get yourself on holiday, life’s to short, your chances of dying are virtually fuck all if you’re vaccinated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:


i will simply crack on and be an anti social cunt and bring back alsorts of new strains 

I rest my case.

The only reason why we're being fed these scraps is because we're voting tomorrow.

It'll all change before you go, Skegness is quite nice

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I swear some folk revel in being locked down, genuinely think it’s they're danger of being diagnosed with a mental issue. Get yourself on holiday, life’s to short, your chances of dying are virtually fuck all if you’re vaccinated. 

Thinking exactly the same myself

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dimron said:

I rest my case.

The only reason why we're being fed these scraps is because we're voting tomorrow.

It'll all change before you go, Skegness is quite nice

Travel from Scotland remains banned so fuck all to do with any election 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Where you thinking?

Booked it before coronavirus was a thing. Cottage mid Wales. Just been waiting since for confirmation, but they've now taken the balance of payment so its on.

Middle of nowhere, dark skies job. Few bbqs, walks with dogs, and two weeks chilling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing people complaining about wearing a mask on a plane don’t use public transport. It’s now normal practice for many people daily. Like everything else in this pandemic, we have to adapt. 
I’d wear my mask for 24 hours tomorrow if it meant I could go to Australia. The chances of bringing anything back are pretty remote as their rates are almost zero. 
Not everyone goes to Benidorm for their holiday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Booked it before coronavirus was a thing. Cottage mid Wales. Just been waiting since for confirmation, but they've now taken the balance of payment so its on.

Middle of nowhere, dark skies job. Few bbqs, walks with dogs, and two weeks chilling. 

Mid Wales is something I've not done yet. Love the coast and got the best of both in Pembrokeshire. I feel semi retired living down here. Enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Booked it before coronavirus was a thing. Cottage mid Wales. Just been waiting since for confirmation, but they've now taken the balance of payment so its on.

Middle of nowhere, dark skies job. Few bbqs, walks with dogs, and two weeks chilling. 

Our perfect holiday

Enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Mid Wales is something I've not done yet. Love the coast and got the best of both in Pembrokeshire. I feel semi retired living down here. Enjoy.

Mid Wales is big and we've done various parts over the years. 

Did Pembrokeshire a few years back too (near Fishguard).

The peace and genuine darkness is outstanding. Closer to nature, senses heightened- not everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon blood pressure, heart rate drop, serotonin goes up. Better way of life altogether than town based rat race.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mid Wales is big and we've done various parts over the years. 

Did Pembrokeshire a few years back too (near Fishguard).

The peace and genuine darkness is outstanding. Closer to nature, senses heightened- not everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon blood pressure, heart rate drop, serotonin goes up. Better way of life altogether than town based rat race.

I have relatives from Bury who moved to near St Davids many years ago... lost touch now but used to love going there on visits, love to go back... I'll suggest it to the other half.  Off to Glenforsa in Mull this year, looking forward to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Called in at st David's when down there- a warm day and it was rammed. Horrible.

Nice place, but too many people.

Found some good looking cottages on the Scottish Islands a while back; fancy a trip maybe next year.

Might well have to be soon, before the hard border is built.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mid Wales is big and we've done various parts over the years. 

Did Pembrokeshire a few years back too (near Fishguard).

The peace and genuine darkness is outstanding. Closer to nature, senses heightened- not everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon blood pressure, heart rate drop, serotonin goes up. Better way of life altogether than town based rat race.

Yeah its nice up north Pembs. Camped in various places in and around Fishguard/Cardigan. Only takes 30 mins or so and there's never any fucking traffic. Pack up the tent on a Friday and make a weekend of it weather permitted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Called in at st David's when down there- a warm day and it was rammed. Horrible.

Nice place, but too many people.

Found some good looking cottages on the Scottish Islands a while back; fancy a trip maybe next year.

Might well have to be soon, before the hard border is built.

It's always heaving. St David's is ok for summat to eat and a mooch around the cathedral. Thats about it. They also have a excellent ice cream shop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Found some good looking cottages on the Scottish Islands a while back; fancy a trip maybe next year.

Might well have to be soon, before the hard border is built.

Wifey is so keen to stay away from everybody she has actually agreed to let me fly her up to Mull for a holiday. She is used to me taking her into Bournemouth airport when we visit her sister but Glenforsa will be a bit different... We'll see if it all happens, I'll have to watch the weather. Dog doesn't care, just sleeps on the back seat like it's a car. Probably end up in Skeggy 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Booked it before coronavirus was a thing. Cottage mid Wales. Just been waiting since for confirmation, but they've now taken the balance of payment so its on.

Middle of nowhere, dark skies job. Few bbqs, walks with dogs, and two weeks chilling. 

Sounds like hell to me. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whereas lounging round a pool for 14 days sounds like absolute heaven for me! :)

 

I don’t do that, walk, golf, swim, gym, tennis, cycling, make a bit of room so I can eat out most nights add in a little bit of relaxation but not to much as  I’m easily bored doing nowt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dimron said:

Jersey looking good for a visit...

Done a few Jersey bookings this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Traf said:

Done a few Jersey bookings this week.

I was looking at Gibraltar in early June as thought they’d accept Brits but checked the U.K. gov site and it seems not, reasonable flights from manchester on easy jet as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.