Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our bestest January signing ever?

Dr Faustus

18 minutes ago, QFPants said:

Youri count?

We had no window then, which is how he ended up here.

Rest of Europe had window. 

Could only move to England, wanted to try to get into French world Cup squad I think. 

Edited by gregbwfc
Typo

I would give a big  shout out for Phil Neal who ( If my memory serves me right ) brought in  Andy Walker in January 1992

Remember him scoring at Exeter on what was his debut ?

Even though Neal was soon to be sacked,  Walker remained and the following season under Bruce Rioch partnered up with John McGinlay , and that prolific partnership led to  Promotion , the famous  FA Cup runs and ultimately the premier league 

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I would give a big  shout out for Phil Neal who ( If my memory serves me right ) brought in  Andy Walker in January 1992

Even though Neal was soon to be sacked,  Walker remained and the following season under Bruce Rioch partnered up with John McGinlay , and that prolific partnership led to  Promotion , the famous  FA Cup runs and ultimately the premier league 

Exeter was his debut yes, came on for Mike Jeffrey. The cup run gave him the poke to turn the loan into a permanent

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Good call . What a finisher.

This time is a bit hazy to me . Did Neal himself sign Walker permanently and then was sacked or did the club sign him after Neal was dismissed.?

I would have loved to know how McGinlay and a pre injury Walker would have performed in the higher division . Perhaps we may have been near promotion that season instead?

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Moderators
4 hours ago, gregbwfc said:

We had no window then, which is how he ended up here.

Rest of Europe had window. 

Could only move to England, wanted to try to get into French world Cup squad I think. 

We sort of did iirc, you had to have them in by end march 

5 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Winner