Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat

globaldiver

• Members
13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sure we was at stoke the day he died 

Remember the game we had the tribute to him after his death, Chelsea at home their fans sang there’s only one Nat Lofthouse. That’ll stick with me that

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Remember the game we had the tribute to him after his death, Chelsea at home their fans sang there’s only one Nat Lofthouse. That’ll stick with me that

Yes very disappointing that we couldn’t fill the place for him 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

nat-lofthouse-bolton-fa-cup-winners-1958

This is my favourite wanderers picture ever. 

Had the pleasure of being presented the greater Manchester schoolboys cup trophy after winning it as Captain at the Reebok, I was in absolute awe of him. Shook my hand gave me my medal and said “cracking header that fella” before passing us the trophy. 
One of the best moments of my life. 

Mine too. Still got @Trafs mug with that on 👏

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes very disappointing that we couldn’t fill the place for him 

22,800 - not a bad turn out for a night match on Sky with Cat A prices (remember them?), not realistic to sell 25k home tickets when we dont have that many paying fans.  Just glad his tribute wasn't a couple of weeks before when York fans virtually outnumbered us in the cup, that would have been embarrassing.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

22,800 - not a bad turn out for a night match on Sky with Cat A prices (remember them?), not realistic to sell 25k home tickets when we dont have that many paying fans.  Just glad his tribute wasn't a couple of weeks before when York fans virtually outnumbered us in the cup, that would have been embarrassing.

I must admit, I don't miss much about the Premier league. Championship I enjoy the most

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The point I was more making was doing it for Nat I’m sure folk who used to go when we regularly got full houses could of gone 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Rudy said:

nat-lofthouse-bolton-fa-cup-winners-1958

This is my favourite wanderers picture ever. 

Had the pleasure of being presented the greater Manchester schoolboys cup trophy after winning it as Captain at the Reebok, I was in absolute awe of him. Shook my hand gave me my medal and said “cracking header that fella” before passing us the trophy. 
One of the best moments of my life. 

Used to have framed picture on my wall of him wheeling away celebrating the goal where he put the keeper on his arse 

Great pic, can't find it, but i found this 

cXRceO1.jpg

• Members
13 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Used to have framed picture on my wall of him wheeling away celebrating the goal where he put the keeper on his arse 

cXRceO1.jpg

I think I know the one you mean but I can’t find it either. Sure it used to be on the wall in the club shop

18 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

cXRceO1.jpg

That picture was the first game of the 58/9 season. Playing Leeds. The wider angle shows a young Jack Charlton nowhete near challenging him. Nat's power is in full view in this.

The official crowd was 29,000. There must be 16,000 on the embankment in the photo, so that's dubious.