Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Half Way Thru Season ~ Predictions

Ruba Mustafa

1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Mid table will do for me. Signings like Charles means we will kick off stronger next August than we did this season.

Still need a Keeper a centre half that is a leader/bastard to take the armband from Santos and for me a left back. A quality no 10 and another Bastard to fit beside MJ and we will be there or thereabouts next season

Anyone not contracted for next season........Get shut 

I reckon you’ve summed up our shortfalls pretty well there.

We definitely need a couple of Bastards, we’re too much of a soft touch at the mo.

• Site Supporter
On 20/01/2021 at 09:10, desperado said:

A realistic 11th. Another couple of inconsistent months, varying the personnel/formation/tactics. Start to show some promise when it’s too late towards the end of season, but enough for us to feel mildly (not overly like this season) confident that the foundations are laid for the promotion season 2021/22

I’ll just repeat what I said last year 😂

10th was my target at the start of season and still is.   Always thought this season we consolidate our position and build a squad to really challenge next season.     Wouldnt of fancied going straight up to the championship,having to then get 10 or so new players in the one window and struggling like fook.  

On 20/01/2021 at 23:14, tkonion said:

Steady improvement culminating in a thrilling last few games where we end up making up ground on the teams above us but narrowly miss out on the play offs on goal difference. Foundations laid for a good summer of strengthening in the transfer market and a proper crack at it next season.

I'm going with this time last year's prediction just incase it has magic properties.

10th.

As we are currently 8 points off that position, it would mean a reasonable  second half.

All things considered we would have to be fairly happy with that.

Only 4 points above the drop after today’s games too. 

Edited by captainmed