Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

10 minutes ago, Traf said:

If Putin gets his way, Ukraine is merely a test of European resolve. 

Putin will get his way in October when we start flicking the heating back on. 

Then we'll see the European resolve too 

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Correct, that's when you'll see all sympathy for Ukraine vanish. Many are already bored of the conflict, wait until the bills start ramping up.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, stevieb said:

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Correct, that's when you'll see all sympathy for Ukraine vanish. Many are already bored of the conflict, wait until the bills start ramping up.

What, the country that single-handedly saved the world in 1945 is going to roll over and let Putin tickle it's belly because "we're a bit cold and it's too expensive to switch the central heating on"?

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What, the country that single-handedly saved the world in 1945 is going to roll over and let Putin tickle it's belly because "we're a bit cold and it's too expensive to switch the central heating on"?

Yes. 

Have you seen the modern yoof? 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Yes. 

Have you seen the modern yoof? 

Yes, they seem fine to me. You're the one suggesting we should stand aside and let Putin do whatever he wants, and I'm guessing you're not "yoof".

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'll start worrying about Putin when the Z tanks roll into the jungle camp at BHS

Until then it's just the current thing for the tele box to rile people up over. 

There we go.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, stevieb said:

lamorne morris fox GIF by New Girl

"I'll start worrying about Hitler when his tanks roll into my local Tesco Extra" ~ Winston Churchill, 1939

Edited by Cheese

Think folk need to realise how long Putin has been planning this and the ground work he put in before he struck. And why he struck when he did.

All one big masterplan to destabilise the west then strike when at its weakest and everyone is divided.

The invasion of Ukraine is just a small part of the plan.

38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Think folk need to realise how long Putin has been planning this and the ground work he put in before he struck. And why he struck when he did.

All one big masterplan to destabilise the west then strike when at its weakest and everyone is divided.

The invasion of Ukraine is just a small part of the plan.

Nah. He just did it unprovoked in February. 

4 hours ago, Sweep said:

Careful what you're posting... I said this in April and was slagged to death, hence me now keeping well quiet

Don't forget you will now be paying three grand to heat a small house, ten quid for a gallon of petrol and three quid for a loaf of bread. What price freedom? Bombed out houses and maimed children? Puffing our chests out, huffing and puffing and thinking we still have gunboats to sort the bastards out? It's all about the Pentagon wanting to put missiles as close to Russia under the "Iranian threat" fallacy.

Maybe I should quote this on the Cost of Living Thread as they are closely linked

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, stevieb said:

Apparently the man in the green t-shirt Zelensky now needs £9bn a month from western allies. 

Up from £4.5bn a month a couple of weeks ago. 

So either.... Russia aren't losing like we're being told by the idiot box or some fuckers are laundering some serious cash. 

Or both 

Or some places didnt cough up enough earlier.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Careful what you're posting... I said this in April and was slagged to death, hence me now keeping well quiet

Don't forget you will now be paying three grand to heat a small house, ten quid for a gallon of petrol and three quid for a loaf of bread. What price freedom? Bombed out houses and maimed children? Puffing our chests out, huffing and puffing and thinking we still have gunboats to sort the bastards out? It's all about the Pentagon wanting to put missiles as close to Russia under the "Iranian threat" fallacy.

Maybe I should quote this on the Cost of Living Thread as they are closely linked

Expensive fuel bills don't matter shite if we are all radioactive dust a little later.

This shite about NATO being the aggressor is such bullshit.

On 14/07/2022 at 12:41, Carlos said:

Why do they need to put missiles closer? Do they only travel a few hundred miles? There's the immediate, and fatal, flaw with that point. Cuckoo.

Condelezza  Rice met with Putin 2005. He pointed out the missiles the Pentagon wanted to place in Poland to counter Iran could reach 25% of Russia. She verbally agreed Russia could place permanent observers in the missile bases but when the written protocol was issued it stated Russian Military Attaches could inspect (very different)... first move in the wrong direction was under George Bush. US missiles in Ukraine could probably reach most of Russia apart from the far eastern reaches... a reason for Russian paranoia if ever there was one.

Almost like a Cuban Crisis in reverse

• Moderators

This can't be helpful 

Away from the battlefield, President Volodymyr Zelensky suspended the head of Ukraine's spy agency (SBU) and the prosecutor general, saying there were many cases of treason in the two organisations.

He gave some striking figures: more than 60 former employees were now working against Ukraine in Russian-occupied areas, while 651 collaboration and treason cases had been opened against law enforcement officials.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62207928