Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Ukraine will be much better supplied and prepared for the winter than the Russians sent there. Any progress either way will be slow but it will be hell on earth for the mobilised conscripts.

Of course, I hope they can utilise their better weaponry to flush out/remoge the enemy from a distance, without necessarily having to use stuff that will get bogged down.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course, I hope they can utilise their better weaponry to flush out/remoge the enemy from a distance, without necessarily having to use stuff that will get bogged down.

Thwe Russian army is massively biased to artillery. The numbers they have is ludicrous in this day and age. They are finding to their cost that modern armies move much quicker from attack to defence/cover and vice versa than they are trained or equipped to deal with.

Add in the failures of their airforce and we are where we are.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Thwe Russian army is massively biased to artillery. The numbers they have is ludicrous in this day and age. They are finding to their cost that modern armies move much quicker from attack to defence/cover and vice versa than they are trained or equipped to deal with.

Add in the failures of their airforce and we are where we are.

Time for more himars with the M30A1 ammunition. 

Seen videos of this- 182000 tungsten BBs shredding stuff in its vicinity.

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not an expert but I’m not sure that Russia have superior firepower. 

I suppose it depends if you count Nucleur warheads as superior or not  -  if we're discounting nukes, then I agree, the equipment they have looks to be pretty shit, thus far

• Site Supporter

They do (perhaps did) have a lot of it though.

Got to get more anti aircraft/missile protection into Ukraine quickly though- they're utilising the Iranian drones to decent effect at the moment.

If we don't then you couldn't blame Ukraine for attacking any launch sites in Russia, which may be a game changer.

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They do (perhaps did) have a lot of it though.

Got to get more anti aircraft/missile protection into Ukraine quickly though- they're utilising the Iranian drones to decent effect at the moment.

If we don't then you couldn't blame Ukraine for attacking any launch sites in Russia, which may be a game changer.

Was suggested that they want Israel to supply them with some as they are leaders in that area

Israel doesn't seem keen to get involved though 

• Site Supporter

Can sort of understand that- connections with Russian Jews perhaps. Isn't Abramovich connected in that way?

Perhaps the west needs to connect Ukraine to Europe's energy (electricity) networks to help with their needs.

They're going to need power for plant that is used for production of munitions etc as well as domestic use.

On 28/10/2022 at 16:32, tyldesley_white said:

There's another reason the Ukranians aren't bombing the shit out of Belgorod and that's because it's full of Ukranians. One of the refugees who came here from Severodonetsk was on the phone to her sister who - along with tens of thousands of Ukranians from the Donetsk region - had been forcibly relocated to Belgorod. She felt they were being used as human shields.

As much as I hate the thought, I'm struggling to see how the Ukranians will survive the winter. There will inevitably be mass migrations as temperatures in January can fall to minus 30 and without power or water they'll migrate or die.

Even if the West actually does eventually provide top quality defence systems it won't be enough as the Russians can just continue to bomb the shit out of Ukraine from a safe distance and the Americans won't let Ukraine counterattack so they're fighting with their hands tied.

23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Surely the west will provide every bit of warm weather kit known to man?

These Russian piss pots are turning up in shorts with a broomhandled mouser.

For the soldiers, probably.

For the remaining 35 million citizens not so much. Humanitarian crisis looming IMO.