Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

From Poland ?

Yes, but also saw a comment that the German powers that be have relented too.

Yes, they're not objecting to Poland sending them- probably had little choice, given Poland were considering sending them anyhow. 

It should, hopefully, open the door for more from elsewhere. 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes, but also saw a comment that the German powers that be have relented too.

Yes, they're not objecting to Poland sending them- probably had little choice, given Poland were considering sending them anyhow. 

It should, hopefully, open the door for more from elsewhere. 

NATO Countries Are Giving Ukraine Hundreds Of Their Old Howitzers—and Replacing Them With South Korea’s Excellent K-9 (msn.com)

• Site Supporter

How come Russia have these so called high tech and brilliant tanks, jets, subs and missiles yet they haven't used them?

They are relying on Iranian drones and ancient missiles to hit cities whilst they deploy huge numbers of shite artillery to obliterate a small town with little tactical reasoning? They are fucking useless.

My guess is behind the scenes diplomats have done their thing and got China and India on board. Hence the arrival of tanks that will turn the tide. Putin has long been told by Xi that nukes are out of the question as long as troops remain out of Russian soil. Putin tried to resolve that with the sham referendums and then lost half the ground anyway within a fortnight.

Someone pot the little gobshite ffs.

16 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

How come Russia have these so called high tech and brilliant tanks, jets, subs and missiles yet they haven't used them?

They are relying on Iranian drones and ancient missiles to hit cities whilst they deploy huge numbers of shite artillery to obliterate a small town with little tactical reasoning? They are fucking useless.

My guess is behind the scenes diplomats have done their thing and got China and India on board. Hence the arrival of tanks that will turn the tide. Putin has long been told by Xi that nukes are out of the question as long as troops remain out of Russian soil. Putin tried to resolve that with the sham referendums and then lost half the ground anyway within a fortnight.

bullshit baffles brains!

26 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Isn't it Wagner who took that salt mine place? 

Russian army seems fucked 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

They have used them and realised their limitations. Also major personnel/leadership problems.

Funnily enough, I happened upon an article about the bmpt terminator. Had a video showing one supposedly working with a tank to destroy a ukrainian tank.

A pinch of salt job, especially when other articles from ukrainian side say the terminator has suffered significant losses in the conflict and that they've withdrawn them.

We don't know the full story for sure, but Russia doesn't have vast numbers of their newest equipment and isn't likely to risk too much of it. It has vast stocks of older equipment though. 

It is supposedly struggling to get parts etc to make/maintain some of it's newer stuff which is also expensive. 

Hence relying on stuff from elsewhere. Including Iran.

Which is also worthy of consideration when the US/Israel are conducting exercises supposedly with the aim of preparing for a war with Iran. Just in case...

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Isn't it Wagner who took that salt mine place? 

Russian army seems fucked 

Wagner is a huge set of horrible ruthless cunts who are miles better equipped than their own army. Why? Because the funds sent to them actually buy what they are supposed to do.  No Russian generals to sphyon off what little they provided anyway. Plus they have been in favour for a long time so get more.

Wagner enjoy their barbarism but have never faced any foe like Ukraine, never mind a Ukraine now equipped with decent kit.

Wagner really wanted the salt mines purely for boasting rights. It really doesn't have any strategic advantage.

I am now convinced most Russians are still locked in an early 20th century mindset.

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They have used them and realised their limitations. Also major personnel/leadership problems.

Funnily enough, I happened upon an article about the bmpt terminator. Had a video showing one supposedly working with a tank to destroy a ukrainian tank.

A pinch of salt job, especially when other articles from ukrainian side say the terminator has suffered significant losses in the conflict and that they've withdrawn them.

We don't know the full story for sure, but Russia doesn't have vast numbers of their newest equipment and isn't likely to risk too much of it. It has vast stocks of older equipment though. 

It is supposedly struggling to get parts etc to make/maintain some of it's newer stuff which is also expensive. 

Hence relying on stuff from elsewhere. Including Iran.

Which is also worthy of consideration when the US/Israel are conducting exercises supposedly with the aim of preparing for a war with Iran. Just in case...

About the T-14

Russian Soldiers Rejecting T-14 Armata Battle Tanks Over Quality—MOD (msn.com)

Edited by tyldesley_white

31 minutes ago, royal white said:

Anybody else think they should keep it quiet? Imagine the look on the Russians faces when they’re expecting to be faced with  50 year old tanks then a unit of Abraham’s and leopard tanks come over the horizon. 

You’re the expert, but announcing should get them rethinking?

4 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

You’re the expert, but announcing should get them rethinking?

I’m no expert in moving tanks 😂 the element of surprise is a great weapon to have though!  I’m not sure of the thought process of the Russians, whatever it is it’s surely clouded after a bottle of vodka 

9 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Interesting read...

It was clear as day from the start. Same as their division tactics this side of the pond. 

"I remember a certain frivolity from 2016. Trump was a curiosity. Russia was irrelevant. Nothing to take seriously. Then Trump was elected, blocked weapon sales to Ukraine, and tried to stage a coup. Now Ukrainians are dying every day in the defining conflict of our time. 19/20"

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

It was clear as day from the start. Same as their division tactics this side of the pond. 

"I remember a certain frivolity from 2016. Trump was a curiosity. Russia was irrelevant. Nothing to take seriously. Then Trump was elected, blocked weapon sales to Ukraine, and tried to stage a coup. Now Ukrainians are dying every day in the defining conflict of our time. 19/20"

It is shocking how negligent the UK and US have been with respect to Russian cyber attacks and election interference. We just did not realise the extent of what was happening until it was too late.