Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Would stop Russia using theirs though?

I doubt it'd have any effect.

The Ukranians won't use nuclear weapons in their own country because the result would be that they indiscriminately kill their own citizens.

Nuclear weapons would only act as a deterrent for Ukraine if they could threaten to attack Russian territory with them and the West would never provide them to Ukraine on that basis.

Russian TV has openly called for nuking the West and there's no thought to the fact that every Russian city would be obliterated and what's left of the world would be plunged into nuclear winter.

Ironically, a thousand years of bunker living would cut carbon emissions off at the knees and could ensure the survival of the human race in one form or another.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Russian TV has openly called for nuking the West and there's no thought to the fact that every Russian city would be obliterated and what's left of the world would be plunged into nuclear winter.

Ironically, a thousand years of bunker living would cut carbon emissions off at the knees and could ensure the survival of the human race in one form or another.

I couldn’t do it, I hate getting sand in my undies 

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Spider said:

Russia know full well that using nukes would bring the big boys wading in

I'm intrigued as to who the big boys are?

Given that only the USA has a similar number of such weapons, and no-one else in the same ball park, surely "boys" could only be "boy".

Or are you referring to nato as a whole, or the UN perhaps?

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm intrigued as to who the big boys are?

Given that only the USA has a similar number of such weapons, and no-one else in the same ball park, surely "boys" could only be "boy".

Or are you referring to nato as a whole, or the UN perhaps?

We've 225. That's enough to wipe out every major Russian city I reckon.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

So you reckon their nukes won't work?

I think there's a good chance their nuclear arsenal hasn't been maintained as well as it should have been. It's pretty common knowledge that Russian Officers and Generals have sold Military Equipment on the black market, and lied to their superiors about the amount and state of equipment they have at their dispense.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I think there's a good chance their nuclear arsenal hasn't been maintained as well as it should have been. It's pretty common knowledge that Russian Officers and Generals have sold Military Equipment on the black market, and lied to their superiors about the amount and state of equipment they have at their dispense.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Maybe we should just nuke em and be done with it....

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

But if they want to use them they don't have to launch it far, it's only next door

Not like they trying London or Washington 

That must be a factor in their capabilities 

From what I've read, countries who know more about this stuff are worried about the potential

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

But if they want to use them they don't have to launch it far, it's only next door

Not like they trying London or Washington 

That must be a factor in their capabilities 

From what I've read, countries who know more about this stuff are worried about the potential

I'm not talking about the missiles. I'm talking about the warheads. You don't just buy a nuclear warhead and stick it in a cupboard in case you ever need it. I wouldn't be that confident in our own nukes either really, or anyone elses. A very good book on this subject is "The Bomb" by Fred Kaplan.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. I don't think anyone should underestimate Russia's nuclear capability. That's not what I was saying at all.

Edited by Cheese

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'm not talking about the missiles. I'm talking about the warheads. You don't just buy a nuclear warhead and stick it in a cupboard in case you ever need it. I wouldn't be that confident in our own nukes either really, or anyone elses. A very good book on this subject is "The Bomb" by Fred Kaplan.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. I don't think anyone should underestimate Russia's nuclear capability. That's not what I was saying at all.

Sure there was a thing about trident a few years ago and how poorly maintained it all was up there.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He has for a while. Will he see the war out?

I doubt tickets for him come cheap 

If I'd paid whatever it was to hear that I'd be pissed off 

I wouldn't be arsed about the video behind him, which might well be a distraction to how shit he sounds

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

I doubt tickets for him come cheap 

If I'd paid whatever it was to hear that I'd be pissed off 

I wouldn't be arsed about the video behind him, which might well be a distraction to how shit he sounds

Recorded on a phone, probably a Samsung.

#iphonewanker