Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

My step mum is from Kiev. My Dad and her spend at least 5 months of the year over there.

Problem is Ukrainian is so corrupt. From kids gaining grades in school to going to the dentist and getting your teeth sorted. You can get everything at a price over there. It's mental. 

They'll have no problem crossing the east of Ukraine where its pro Russian. What happens after that is hard to judge. I can see the country eventually being split.

West and East Ukrainians mostly have different views. Here it's Tory/Labour there it's Ukraine/Pro Russia.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

My step mum is from Kiev. My Dad and her spend at least 5 months of the year over there.

Problem is Ukrainian is so corrupt. From kids gaining grades in school to going to the dentist and getting your teeth sorted. You can get everything at a price over there. It's mental. 

They'll have no problem crossing the east of Ukraine where its pro Russian. What happens after that is hard to judge. I can see the country eventually being split.

West and East Ukrainians mostly have different views. Here it's Tory/Labour there it's Ukraine/Pro Russia.

That’s how he’s justifying it, saying these people want him to be there. Like Hitler did with the Sudetenland.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

That’s how he’s justifying it, saying these people want him to be there. Like Hitler did with the Sudetenland.

That's the problem... half of em do.

Just seen a clip on the news... Putin will withdraw troops from the area on the 20th Feb. Day after the winter Beijing Olympics ends. 

Expect something to happen then. They won't want to upstage their pals in the news while that's going on.

They wouldn't dare roll in, they haven't forgotten Holodomar, my mate's Ukrainiane grandma was gang-raped by the Germans whilst the Russians pissed about in Romania over oil. The yanks will arm them to the teeth and they'd make Afghanistan look like a day out at Chester Zoo.

Too much money elsewhere by oligarchs to ever allow this to happen. I'm thinking more like when Tommy goes to get 'made' in Goodfellas. Like Defeffal I reckon he's a walking corpse, although Defeffal will just go back to waffling for some outdated publication - old deffo not gay Vladimir might end up whacked.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

German U boats filled on Irish Shores.

Them thick spud fuckers would help em out.

No they fucking didn’t 

Jesus . Would expect that sort of comment from some on here, you weren’t in that group however 

U-boats used to moor off the West Coast of Ireland and then the sailors would come ashore on dinghies to buy provisions and then pints of Guinness in the pub.

Ireland was a neutral zone at the time, but they never refuelled the subs as far as I know.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

German U boats filled on Irish Shores.

Them thick spud fuckers would help em out.

They used to shore up in Fuerteventura for a bit of sun.

I was mooching about the dunes of Maspalomas as a teenager - intrigued by the lizards, I came across (not literally) a group of Germans naked, I was more perturbed by the fact all the blokes had their foreskins rolled back. When I returned to my lodgings I told about this encounter to some German lads who'd become pals - they said nudity, sunbathing and bellend exposure is commonplace amongst Germans in warmer climes, they said the deviants did it to 'tan' their nob-end and make it desensitised so they could last longer.

Not these lads, their older countrymen on the dunes.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Where abouts is the dividing line so to speak for their more pro Russian stance? East of the Dnueper or further East?

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

They used to shore up in Fuerteventura for a bit of sun.

I was mooching about the dunes of Maspalomas as a teenager

Maspalomas, Gran Canaria is the resort of choice for the LGBTQ+ community.

As for Kyiv, I loved the place when we went a couple of years back.

34 minutes ago, Traf said:

As for Kyiv, I loved the place when we went a couple of years back.

I only went on a day trip on the bus to see the dunes. I don't think these Germans were gaylords though they were with women. Well perhaps they weren't women, they had bikini bottoms on. I went for a crap on the way home in the airport, staying overnight as I didn't have a peseta to piss in and couldn't afford a taxi in the morning, so got the last bus and kipped in the airport. There was disgusting messages in English on the cubicle walls concerning bumming including 'get your cocks out for the boys in Playa Del Ingles' and 'This is a great cottage far from the entradas and salidas' dunno if that was a euphemism. The very reason I'd sought out a quiet bog to drop my load meant I'd inadvertently fell into a nest of gay vipers, nowt happened though as no-one was about.

I also was ensnared by a girl from Kyev at the sauna at Horwich Leisure Centre ages ago, but headed the words of warning from a poster off here (Zico?) that it was a hotspot honey-trap for visa seekers.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Traf said:

As is Sitges near Barcelona on the Mainland.

A workmate and around nine other mates of his booked a lad’s holiday there, not knowing. They pretty much found out on the first evening when they were all individually propositioned.

On their return, the lad who had booked the trip returned to the travel agent demanding to know why he wasn’t warned. She told him, hey, a group of ten young males all holidaying together in a known gay holiday resort; how do I warn you without potentially offending you?

Er, good point.

23 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As is Sitges near Barcelona on the Mainland.

A workmate and around nine other mates of his booked a lad’s holiday there, not knowing. They pretty much found out on the first evening when they were all individually propositioned.

On their return, the lad who had booked the trip returned to the travel agent demanding to know why he wasn’t warned. She told him, hey, a group of ten young males all holidaying together in a known gay holiday resort; how do I warn you without potentially offending you?

Er, good point.

Me and my then fiancee (massive) stayed there, there was some g13 in Barcelona and couter protests, Liverpool were playing and sommat else going on, we couldn't get a room for love nor money in Barcelona - as soon as you spoke pigeon Spanish on the blower and they knew you were English trying to book they didn't want to know. So a gay hotel in Sitges it was and commute into Barcelona, it was really nice tbh, balcony looking out to sea...

It was early in the year so no moustachioed gents in speedos knocking about.

I'd been to Barcelona before with school on a 'industry visit' and went to the Subur Maritim hotel as a part of 'tourism' insight (in Sitges) the roof of which Happy Mondays did the 'Step on' video.

We were supposed to do a presentation when we got back (from Barcelona, for school) but there wasn't a single photo where one of the lads weren't openly supping from a can of beer.

We also all piled into the sea in our boxers in February - to the bemusement of the locals who were mooching about in fur coats and ski jackets.

6 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Where abouts is the dividing line so to speak for their more pro Russian stance? East of the Dnueper or further East?

This map gives a decent indication of that. Most in the east already speak Russian.

SmartSelect_20220124-142851_Google.thumb.jpg.a1b201cd74cde191d14a3f2c7d07b9e1.jpg

Edited by wanderer1984

19 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

But it’s only Ukraine? What about the rest of the border? I’ll hold my hands up and admit I know very little. It’s summat I’ve let pass so need educating 

The rest of the border are either aligned with Russia or already members of NATO, with the exception of Georgia.