Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Evatt in or out

3 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Going off that, Its also not for you to say he should be sacked then.

Yes it is, I pay my ST, and watch the shit he serves up week in week out, so I have a voice and opinion which others may or may nooty agree with, cest la vie.

What potential other managers are out there how would I know, or what the money situation is, is just a nonsensical comeback. Like arguing with my wife.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

I'm not in the Evatt out camp, but I am concerned.

Our defensive record over the course of the season to date is the league's second worst, as is our run of form over the last ten matches. We've won one in nine and have an inexperienced manager at the helm.

Our performances lately have been better than they were earlier in the season and I'm hopeful that it will turn, but it does have to pretty quickly. 

12 hours ago, Farrelli said:

I wish we had a centre half like that Tozer at Cheltenham. He was absolutely tremendous against city tonight, blocking shots with any part of his body including a blasted shot with his head off the line. 

He did play well yes, but its a different game playing an attack v defence game than a routine league 2 game where you dont have a backs to the wall mentality.  If he was that good, how did Doyle get so many headed chances in the 1st half last week, the most he's had in one half all season?  And in the 2nd half of both games v Cheltenham we hardly created anything yet still managed 2 simple late goals, if those goals had been against us we'd be wondering where the central defender was.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Yes it is, I pay my ST, and watch the shit he serves up week in week out, so I have a voice and opinion which others may or may nooty agree with, cest la vie.

What potential other managers are out there how would I know, or what the money situation is, is just a nonsensical comeback. Like arguing with my wife.

Its because you cant come up with a better alternative, then hide behind the “I don’t know who is available etc excuse” 🙄

Look at previous 9 games from December and January:

For the 7 times we've fell behind 3 times we've equalised, but lost 4 times & won 0.

Only twice have we took the lead lost 1 & won 1.

Astonishingly at no point have we been winning a game for previous 540 minutes since Cheltenham.

Just now, Horwich said:

Its because you cant come up with a better alternative, then hide behind the “I don’t know who is available etc excuse” 🙄

No, as I have quite clearly stated, I have no knowledge of the manager market, or the financial situation at the club.

My point is to remove the current incumbemt. If FV them fuck up their third appoppointment, then the debate moves on.

3 hours ago, Horwich said:

Anyone who thinks the mess of BWFC can be turned around in one transfer window, shouldn't be allowed to attend football matches. I dont think he will have it right by the start of next season, but we will be better than this season.

He needs time and then he is judged

"Getting it right" isn't black and white though, its not all or nothing.  If we were 5th or 6th and lost at Tranmere, there would still be lots of fans saying he's not the man for the job. Top of the league is getting it right, bottom 2 is getting it wrong I think everyone would agree.  Everywhere in between is open to debate.  So it depends what level you think is acceptable, would you take winning 1 of the next 9?  At what point is his performance questioned if there's no judgement till he's been here 18 months?

2 wins.

That's how far away we are from not having to have this discussion. It's not perfect, of course, but the players making silly mistakes are why we're where we are.

Has IE picked the right players/team/formations? Probably not.
Should the players picked have done a better job? Definitely.

• Moderators

You can’t just sack a manager after a bad run, especially if you dont have the balls to give any alternative.

Should OGS have been sacked?

Should Arteta have been sacked?

Should Lampard have been sacked?

Should Parker have been sacked? 

28 minutes ago, Horwich said:

He should be given time as he was given a contract for a period of time.

Well FV should come out and say that then. Hell or high water IE is our man!! 🤣

Which football team ever has put up with an underperforming manager untill the end of their contract! 

Are you related to Ian or something, as you seem to take criticism of him very personally😄

13 hours ago, kent_white said:

I think Tranmere and Mansfield have pretty much got their same squads as last year haven't they?

Yeah, if you ignore Spearing, Vaughan, Woolery, Feeney, Khan, Lewis, Smith, McDonald, Young, Kirby, O'Connor  & Lloyd .... & a new manager.

.... & the 14 Mansfield signed in August. ... & new manager.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yeah, if you ignore Spearing, Vaughan, Woolery, Feeney, Khan, Lewis, Smith, McDonald, Young, Kirby, O'Connor  & Lloyd .... & a new manager.

Hope it wasn’t just me who found it scary yesterday that Spearing, Woolery and Feeney would all be positive additions to our squad....

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Which football team ever has put up with an underperforming manager untill the end of their contract! 

Are you related to Ian or something, as you seem to take criticism of him very personally😄

Erm, our last manager?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Hope it wasn’t just me who found it scary yesterday that Spearing, Woolery and Feeney would all be positive additions to our squad....

Spearing or Lowe would walk into our team over Tutte.

Feeney is twice the player Isgrove is

12 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Correct

And looking ahead we need points on the board quickly or we are right in the thick of this 

Tuesday night Barrow play Grimsby & Southend play Bradford

Saturday Bradford play Barrow & Grimsby play Stevenage

So some of the 7 teams below us are getting points on the board and 4 of them have games in hand on us

Lose the next two - which on current form is easily done and that trap door is getting far too close for comfort

and i would not like to predict how this squad would cope under real pressure 

Oh - and please dont anyone say we are too good to go down  

I'm currently relying on Grimsby staying bottom, and 1 of Stevenage and Southend failing to get many points, and us not losing to either of the 3.  Barrow and Bradford can get as many points as they like this week.  Its a shame I'm just relying on others for our next 2 games, any points we get are a bonus.

• Members
16 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Aye the dreaded vote of confidence 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

When you put it like that! :)

Crazy that we were relying on a younger less experienced Woolery when we were in the Championship!

In.

of course he should be allowed to continue building a team.

i can see, so it’s obvious that he can, that we have several players from yesterday’s team that are not up to the job.

He has to work with them until they can be moved on n replaced.

Thats why he is saying the same thing after every game, I don’t know what else he can say, unless u want bs.

Kiosk loss was a setback too.

we got two good uns in Lee John who can help fill that gap.

That still leaves a couple of places in the team that need improving, im sure he has identified who we need but getting them here is another problem, it takes time. Plus we are skint.

So, to repeat, he needs more time,,,,, how long? Well at least one more window after this one, so if no improvement by this time next year then I’d say it’s time to go.

In IE, weve got a raw talent here, we need to nurture him n tolerate some mistakes coz I think he will get it right soon, he just needs more time.

Edited by Ruba Mustafa