Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Evatt in or out

In for now.

But I'm thinking he's out of his depth and has bought too much into the Barrow-celona hype.

I reckon' he fancies himself as a modern Pep type mixed with an old-school disciplinarian Megson type (running off at h/t) and is neither - more a gilet and glove wearing pretend hard man, in reality not far removed from the pansies on the pitch.

We should stick, but hope a certain St. Joseph of Huyton doesn't get snaffled in the interim.

Near 40% win record.

Sound him out and keep him waiting in the wings, glowing Havana in one fist, cauldron filled with Lobscouse and ladle in the other and twenty odd Army bergens of bricks at the foot of The Pike.

If Sarcevic's piss poor form and physique are down to him playing Mr. Mum then words need to be said. I'm presuming his missus isn't an ICU nurse and all the nail bars and fashion boutiques are shut, so...he needs his kip - pull your finger out Mrs. S.

Joey wouldn't stand for it.

Get Escobarp in as a sports psychologist - get them pissing it up and shagging about. Teamwork off-field and it follows they'll gel on it.

Top knots - banned.

Jeans with slashes in - banned.

Snoods, leggings, gloves and beanies in training - banned.

Arthur to start as a foil for Doyle.

etc.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

When you think back to the Salford game at home, which overall imo is our best performance of the season, they (Salford) had a new manager and he was instilling in them a new way of playing and you thought "eh up, these aren't that good", so you think we should have progressed and kicked on, yet we are no further on and no better, if anything we have gone backwards, what the fuck as gone on ?

I cannot put my finger on it, apart from either this group of players dont want to play for Evatt, a settled team or we just had a few good results on the spin that lead us all into a false position. 

Apart from the GK situation, imo he has got some decent players for this division, Fonz (who doesn't give a fuck), Doyle, Sarcevic, Santos, Jones, Darcy... a settled side is a must, I bet he has used more players than any other team.

I've got faith in him that he will get it right, he needs to go back to basics, pick his best players, a formation that suit them and go and get a big fuck off no nonsense midfielder and a solid keeper (who wants to play) and let's have a better 2nd half to the season.

I think I read the other day that there is only 2 sides that have used more players, no surprise that it was the bottom 2 sides, Grimsby & Southend. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its a problem he needs to sort, it tells me he doesn't know his best side, although tbf to him, none of them have performed with any consistency and he has given a few of them more than enough chances.

He obviously has views who isn't in his best side, just not getting the "best" side to work well.

I'm increasingly agreeing with you that some of these youngsters need a go on the bench at least.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Some of them youngsters must be looking at that team and saying to themselves "I can play better than that given half a chance" ... for me they can't play any worse and they would have that no fear factor, most of the current squad look shit scared, that says to me that this club is to big for them and they cant hack it, I assume Evatt knows which ones they are.

Fear does seem an appropriate word.

I've said before we seem to start in a nervous manner- underhit passes and a general slow start. 

11 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

So who should we have stuck with.... Lee, Megson, Freedman, Lennons or Parky? 

Hung onto deadwood for too long

you forgot coyle 

• Members
6 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

So who should we have stuck with.... Lee, Megson, Freedman, Lennons or Parky? 

I don't like to refresh memories of old red nose. A draw at Nottingham Forest saved his job. He went on to become the most successful manager of all time in English football unless I am mistaken.

Patience. Allow things to develop. Everything just has to be instant these days including gratification. Pretty sure most of those you mention got much more time than some seem willing to give to Evatt?

Patience is a virtue.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I don't like to refresh memories of old red nose. A draw at Nottingham Forest saved his job. He went on to become the most successful manager of all time in English football unless I am mistaken.

Patience. Allow things to develop. Everything just has to be instant these days including gratification. Pretty sure most of those you mention got much more time than some seem willing to give to Evatt?

Patience is a virtue.

You're absolutely right. Only issue for me, as I've said before, is the business situation and how relaxed FV can be over it.