Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Evatt in or out

Apart from Evatt am I correct in saying we currently only have Peter Atherton his assistant working in any coaching capacity with the first team squad , and other than that I think only Julian Darby is working in a similar role with the Under 16s.

If that is the case - I know money is tight , but to my way of thinking , I would sooner we forgo one additional signing if necessary and bring in someone on the coaching front - just till the end of the season to try and get more out of the players we have got. 

There must be someone out there - and it would potentially be a lot cheaper than having to pay off Evatt if we dont improve in 6 games time 

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What is Nolan’s position coach or assistant

Alan Irvine is assistant manager.  They've also got Stuart Pearce and Paul Nevin as 1st team coaches.  So 5 1st team managers/coaches (plus GK coach).  We've got 2, covering a huge squad.  It cant be enough, for a start do neither of them ever have a day off?

22 hours ago, Horwich said:

Lets replace an inexperience manager, with another one 👍

Sometimes someone just needs a chance 

Anyway what about this lad ?

Only coached at under 23 level in England and 12 months experience in USA 

I reckon he would be worth a punt 

seems a level headed sort of guy 

Looking for his chance in English football 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/africa/55817897

• Site Supporter
On 27/01/2021 at 14:43, Benny The Ball said:

Apart from Evatt am I correct in saying we currently only have Peter Atherton his assistant working in any coaching capacity with the first team squad , and other than that I think only Julian Darby is working in a similar role with the Under 16s.

If that is the case - I know money is tight , but to my way of thinking , I would sooner we forgo one additional signing if necessary and bring in someone on the coaching front - just till the end of the season to try and get more out of the players we have got. 

There must be someone out there - and it would potentially be a lot cheaper than having to pay off Evatt if we dont improve in 6 games time 

Who has given Evatt 6 more games? 

34 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Who has given Evatt 6 more games? 

If you read back through the thread you will see In an earlier post I had said that's how long I would give him to turn the situation around

On current form 5 or 6 games is about how long it will take us to sink into the bottom two. 

At that point If he has not turned things around and If it were my choice I would get shut 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

If you read back through the thread you will see In an earlier post I had said that's how long I would give him to turn the situation around

On current form 5 or 6 games is about how long it will take us to sink into the bottom two. 

At that point If he has not turned things around and If it were my choice I would get shut 

ah, OK

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Well it doesnt seem to be the choice of the owners.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed, but we are definitely one of them, only Grimsby worse than us on current form.

Aye the form book doesn’t lie and I can’t see much changing in the next 2/3 games 

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Thats not going to happen.

At the end of November when the table looked as shown  below I felt we would get into contention for the play offs at least if not an automatic spot , but since then we have picked up the lowest points total along with Grimsby in that Division 

In the time that we picked up just 6 points Southend for example picked up 15 and Scunthorpe 18 

Anyway lets hope you are correct 

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts
1   Newport 13 10 29
2   Cheltenham 14 10 26
3   Cambridge 13 16 25

4   Forest Green 14 6 25
5   Exeter 14 9 24
6   Leyton Orient 15 7 24
7   Carlisle 14 4 23

8   Salford 13 10 22
9   Bolton 15 -1 22
10   Tranmere 14 2 21
11   Colchester 13 0 20
12   Harrogate 14 1 19
13   Port Vale 15 0 19
14   Morecambe 14 -8 19
15   Crawley 14 1 18
16   Walsall 14 -3 17
17   Oldham 14 -6 17
18   Grimsby 12 -7 15
19   Barrow 14 -2 13
20   Bradford 13 -4 13
21   Stevenage 14 -5 11
22   Mansfield 14 -6 11

23   Scunthorpe 12 -11 11
24   Southend 14 -23 5

• Site Supporter
On 29/01/2021 at 17:04, Benny The Ball said:

At the end of November when the table looked as shown  below I felt we would get into contention for the play offs at least if not an automatic spot , but since then we have picked up the lowest points total along with Grimsby in that Division 

In the time that we picked up just 6 points Southend for example picked up 15 and Scunthorpe 18 

Anyway lets hope you are correct 

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts
1   Newport 13 10 29
2   Cheltenham 14 10 26
3   Cambridge 13 16 25

4   Forest Green 14 6 25
5   Exeter 14 9 24
6   Leyton Orient 15 7 24
7   Carlisle 14 4 23

8   Salford 13 10 22
9   Bolton 15 -1 22
10   Tranmere 14 2 21
11   Colchester 13 0 20
12   Harrogate 14 1 19
13   Port Vale 15 0 19
14   Morecambe 14 -8 19
15   Crawley 14 1 18
16   Walsall 14 -3 17
17   Oldham 14 -6 17
18   Grimsby 12 -7 15
19   Barrow 14 -2 13
20   Bradford 13 -4 13
21   Stevenage 14 -5 11
22   Mansfield 14 -6 11

23   Scunthorpe 12 -11 11
24   Southend 14 -23 5

Ten points from relegation
Eleven points off auto promotion 
Nine points off play-offs
Fucking bonkers league
Tranmere below us when we played the at UoB, now one point off promotion spot.......
Three wins on bounce and everything changes

5 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Ten points from relegation
Eleven points off auto promotion 
Nine points off play-offs
Fucking bonkers league
Tranmere below us when we played the at UoB, now one point off promotion spot.......
Three wins on bounce and everything changes

Agree with that, there is nothing to beat, which adds to the frustration at how long its taken to get to the stage where we think we can compete every week.  

In Tranmere's case, can we have a bit of their luck?  Aside from playing against 10 men for the 2nd half of the last 3 games, Morecambe missed a pen at 0-0 yesterday and the sending off wasn't for a dangerous tackle etc, its for foul and abusive language.  If only one of our opponents would swear at the ref occasionally! (maybe if we ever got a decision they'd have reason to be angry).

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agree with that, there is nothing to beat, which adds to the frustration at how long its taken to get to the stage where we think we can compete every week.  

In Tranmere's case, can we have a bit of their luck?  Aside from playing against 10 men for the 2nd half of the last 3 games, Morecambe missed a pen at 0-0 yesterday and the sending off wasn't for a dangerous tackle etc, its for foul and abusive language.  If only one of our opponents would swear at the ref occasionally! (maybe if we ever got a decision they'd have reason to be angry).

Tranmere got another soft pen in midweek, enabling them to win 3-2

• 1 year later...
  • Site Supporter

I was looking for the “Brand Evatt” thread to post this, but it’s disappeared. 

This one makes better reading mind! Good job Sharon had a bit more faith and patience than some on here! 😂

Good article, which shows the philosophy and method behind recruitment.